Ford tractor engine swap? just how complicated? December 08, 2015 11:01PM
Ok, I am wondering just how difficult, or how many problems i would have swapping a ford 401 in an old 8000 to possibly a 6.6 liter or 7.8 liter truck engine.....i know its been done many many times just lookin to find out what im up against before i was to get started.....thanks all....and thank you Morgans for this site!

Re: Ford tractor engine swap? just how complicated? December 09, 2015 07:02AM
do a search on here,lots of good info on this topic on here over the years

Re: Ford tractor engine swap? just how complicated? April 20, 2017 02:56PM
ford tractor engine swap

Re: Ford tractor engine swap? just how complicated? April 21, 2017 10:49AM
anything can be possible? just be prepared to improvise and change plans as you go? few things? 7.8 will have an 8 bolt flywheel, top rear bolts are quite a bit higher then the tractor,but you could make up some blocks? have seen it..front drive oil pump on truck motors and later tractor 401's so have to either space front casting bout 3" forward or radically modify your front cast assembly? you might be able to source a tw15 front cheaper then doing the mods? pretty sure tractor front engine plate and timing cover will bolt to the truck block. and i'm sure others will point out many things i may have missed? But again if you are handy and resourceful, can't see why it cant be done? good luck!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM