Best IH DT466 Pistons December 11, 2015 10:26AM
Hello everyone, I am building a hot farm IH DT466, and I have a few questions on piston choice. I have a set of late truck pistons with the different bowl center, and I have considered using cut down 436 pistons. My turbo is limited to a box 3lm-466, which is why I am considering the cut down 436 option.. I was wondering if the truck pistons would bring back enough compression to offset the deeper valve reliefs. When people talk about cutting down 436 pistons to regain lost compression, do they usually then cut the valve reliefs into them on top of the .175" they have already removed from the top, or do they somehow recess the valves into the head somehow? Is there even enough room to cut much of a valve relief in a cut 436 piston without getting into the compression ring area? Just exploring my options, thanks to anyone who has any experience on this.

Re: Best IH DT466 Pistons December 14, 2015 03:51AM
call me ill tell you what your wondering. we've done this since early 90's. Floyd Isbell 570 637 1311

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009