Scams are back again December 15, 2015 10:57AM
Had same guy text me lastnight asking same thing about turbos I have for sale saying his name was Chris then asked for the price again and if I would take a check! Then he replied again saying he would take them! Then on the other phone today after he said he would take them he text me on the other number and asked ether same about if I would take a check and how much! Just warning everyone they are back at it

Re: Scams are back again December 15, 2015 12:23PM
yep I had same thing last night & today wanting to buy my billet gears. # he text me from is 252-564-8861 called himself chris.

Re: Scams are back again December 15, 2015 01:33PM
Same number!

Re: Scams are back again December 16, 2015 01:29AM
Same deal with me and good ole Chris tried to schedule a shipper to come pick up a carb but huh my add says shipping included in price lol... I just replied sorry I don't do scams

Re: Scams are back again December 16, 2015 04:43AM
Just tell them you will only sell the item for cash, FACE TO FACE in person and they won't contact you again.....This weeds out the RIFF-RAFF!

Re: Scams are back again December 16, 2015 05:14AM
I wish it worked that well, but that only ends the conversation on that item. They will just text you again the next time you list something

Re: Scams are back again December 16, 2015 05:40AM
I know the scammers are a pain but don't let them ruin it for everyone. I have bought tons of parts used on pulloff from all over the US, paid always with a bank draft and got folks to ship to me. Honest folks relying on honest folks

Re: Scams are back again December 17, 2015 05:06AM
A better deal is to have them Priority Mail or UPS overnight their check to you. If it is drawn on Western Union or the US Postal Service, just keep it or take it to your bank and have them verify funds are available, which they won't be. True story........I had a trailer for sale. Caller wanted it and insisted that I take $45,000 for it even though I listed it for $38K. You know, send him the balance and he would have someone swing by to pick up trailer. Next day via UPS Next Day Air, I had a check. Of course, "buyer" knew it was delivered so he wanted to know the tracking number of the excess funds. We e-mailed back and forth a few times as I was waiting for check to "clear". I still have the check and all the correspondence associated with it. Funny, the guy never sent anyone to pick up the trailer. Moral of the story, make the scammer pay to play the game. JW

Re: Scams are back again July 21, 2016 02:18PM
He's back yet again wanting tires. Using number 469-616-3921

Re: Scams are back again December 17, 2015 05:47AM
He text me too about a clutch Chris 2525648892

Re: Scams are back again December 17, 2015 06:11AM
He did the same to me on a oil pan, he ask if I would take a check, long story short I caught on to him right away so i told him no need to send me a check il just give it to you send me your address, needless to say he never text back

Scam on for sale December 18, 2015 04:49AM
Just posting this add to let all pullers to watch out for someone trying to buy a item from you and sending a ck for more than your asking price. I had this happen to me this week and my wife found out this is going on on many other sites. The person only will text and the numbers are from google accounts. He said he wants the part and sent extra for his man picking up the parts , and to give him the extra money and part. His number is 252 564 8892. Be careful of this just wanted everyone to know thanks

Re: Scam on for sale New Name Steve March 01, 2016 03:34AM
Hs is back at it again looking for a $450 set of injectors. Using 252-564-8861. New name Steve

Re: Scam on for sale New Name Steve March 01, 2016 03:41AM
Same number tried buying my rims an tires. Told him cash only an he never texted back. Claimed his name was steve..

Re: Scam on for sale New Name Steve March 01, 2016 03:56AM
He must be building.He needs two set of tires also.LOL!

Re: Scam on for sale New Name Steve March 01, 2016 04:15AM
He said he is reselling it all. I told him I only sell to pullers haven't heard back.

Re: Scams are back again March 01, 2016 04:47AM
What s Chris/Steve s game?

Re: Scams are back again March 01, 2016 05:21AM
Usually they send you a cashiers check & it's for more than you were asking and they ask you to send them the difference back. The cashiers check turns out to be bad and you wind up out the difference that you sent back.

Re: Scams are back again March 01, 2016 09:10AM
he must be building more than one because he want to to buy my tires with a cashiers check and I told him cash, then he called again today and ask again if I would take a cashiers check again, I ask him where he's from and he never reponse's 252 564-8861

Re: Scams are back again March 02, 2016 05:05AM
You think it is bad on here try Craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Scams are back again March 02, 2016 07:36AM
He won't send a check to a business only a residence.I asked him how I am supposed to load his driver up at my house.He replied with "Give me info on where to send a cashiers check to and he will send a driver".I then asked him what his order was going to be so I could give him a total.he wanted the address again.I then told him in a not so nice manner that he should get a real job and quit screwing people.And he should learn a better way if he chooses to continue.Same number as listed above ending in 8861

Re: Scams are back again March 02, 2016 09:24AM
he called again wanting an address again so he could send a cashiers check I refused,then he emailed me wanting to no what brand of tires they were and the price,its all on the pull off .com. thanks

Re: Scams are back again July 21, 2016 05:41PM
Same deal 469-616-3921, sent me text today. Scam

Re: Scams are back again July 22, 2016 11:47AM
(442) 777-3434
Escondido, CA

Scam

Re: Scams are back again July 24, 2016 01:27AM
I'm worried about Craigslist. I listed my Dad's drag car an he got 4 calls from different companies wanting to sell it for him. Well they talked him into it and I believe out of $200 at the same time.

Re: Scams are back again July 24, 2016 05:07AM
Some of those aren't necessarily scams but they don't help much either. Certainly not worth what they charge. They usually tell you about all the buyers they have or how they can sell it for more than you're asking. I just tell them to buy it themselves then.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520