Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 16, 2015 11:38PM
Some times I am really baffled on some of the decisions made by the pulling organizations/promoters. I guess the one that really amazes me is the decision by the PPL Hamburg promoter on the date for the 2016 event. I would like to believe that Hamburg has an opportunity to schedule their show mid week. They have an opportunity to allow the PPL pullers to go to the largest pulling event in the history of the sport. By scheduling against BG again they are taking from the pullers at an opportunity to pull for the coveted Bowling Green ring. The 50th anniversary Bowling Green show is the show that all pullers want to be a part of. How many pullers that usually go to Hamburg will skip it in 2016 so they can be a part of the worlds largest pulling party? How many pullers will decide to not precommitte to PPL for the 2016 season?

Now I know that not every PPL competitor will want to go to the BG 50th, however I am fairly certain that a vast majority of pullers would want to be a part of the celebration. Lets face it, the BG 50th should be a “must do” event for every national level puller in the sport.

The promoter needs to change to a Tuesday-Wednesday event, or take a 1 year hiatus. The promoter needs to look at what is good for the competitors and fans.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 17, 2015 03:09AM
I have gone to hamburg a couple times and it was an ok show but I am going to bowling green no way on missin that

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 17, 2015 03:46AM
dick ,I agree completely.i thought I seen somewhere that hamburgh moved up a day ??.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 17, 2015 04:08AM
I have also heard that Hamburg moved up a day but that doesn't matter since BG starts on Thursday this year too. I don't like them being scheduled on top of each other on normal years...but this year it is just plain stupid to pull on the same day as the 50th National tractor pulling championship. It would be better for the promoter, both organizations, most pullers, and many fans to move the Hamburg pull to a non conflicting date. I KNOW WHERE I WILL BE!!!

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 17, 2015 09:25AM
The light super class was kinda poor at hamburg and most pullers that are not in the points race for PPL will go to hamburg and some that are in the points race but to far back will skip hamburg to go to bowling green.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 17, 2015 02:21PM
The problem lies with the fair. As a pulling enthusiast, and this year a puller, I have asked this question myself. A good friend is in charge of the entertainment contracts for the fair. The fair refuses to book the pull earlier due to the fact that the pull is on the infield of the racetrack in front of the grandstand, and the music concerts are also at the grandstand. They will not schedule the pull until all of the concerts are over so that the music acts are not walking through the mud and dirt left behind. Believe me...I've tried to change their mind. Not going to happen.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 18, 2015 12:04PM
Why doesn't Bowling Green change the date of their pull if you think the NTPA is so concerned about letting everybody attend their 50th? They could have their pull Monday thru Thursday, everybody could take a week off work and drink beer all week and have a whole weekend to recover before going back to work!! The Erie County Fair has been going on since 1820, almost 200 years! And over 1 Million people attend, they could give 2 craps less about Bowling Green and their 50th anniversary.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 18, 2015 01:59PM
Why doesn't Bowling Green change the date of their pull if you think the NTPA is so concerned about letting everybody attend their 50th? They could have their pull Monday thru Thursday, everybody could take a week off work and drink beer all week and have a whole weekend to recover before going back to work!! The Erie County Fair has been going on since 1820, almost 200 years! And over 1 Million people attend, they could give 2 craps less about Bowling Green and their 50th anniversary.

Good answer
It is all about supply and demand
As long as Hamburg demands it, PPL will supply it.

There is plenty of vehicles at BG anyway.

BG is running out of room for haulers and fans currently.

I've been to BG many times and it is a great show. You get to see many vehicles and have a great time.
The people at Hamburg enjoy the top pullers at their event also.
There are plenty of vehicles and fans for both places.

Just curious as to how much the entry fee is per vehicle at BG for 2016?

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 18, 2015 02:06PM
BG bought another 20 or so acres a couple of years ago and didn't use it last year. I'm assuming they will this year which should help with the parking greatly.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 18, 2015 02:24PM
The only part that sucks is that you have to choose between Hamburg and BG. It would be nice if we could watch our local pull during the week and then cruise out to see the championships.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 20, 2015 04:12PM
What the heck is a Hamburg! anyway.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 21, 2015 11:17AM
Oh, and don't forget about Wisner, seen a few NTPA pullers head over there too. Oh, and region 3 usually has a pull that weekend. I guess not everybody really cares about the almighty Bowling Green. Winking

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 27, 2015 01:27PM
Oh, maybe because BG has had the 3rd weekend in August since the 1st one? HMMMM. Could be!

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 21, 2015 09:03AM
Don't forget the state level pull in Pike NY during the same weekend as well.

Re: Hamburg PPL 2016, what are you thinking? December 25, 2015 09:40AM
what classes is hamburg having in 2016?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM