DT466 pump swaps December 17, 2015 05:33AM
Not really sled pull related, but you folks seem to be the authority on this stuff, ive run into dead ends on all the other diesel forums.

Ive got an 87 dt466c in a IH1654 work truck with a 10mm MW pump and RQV governor. Ive gone to 17* advance, a 55lb min t3 .80 charger, big piping, modded intake manifold, new 4x.014 injectors, maxed pump, 4 clicks on the governor springs, maxed fuel rack, slackened starwheel, backed out the excess start screw and gone in a few on the smoke screw, all thats left in the pump is racking barrels which im reluctant to do. The charger is exhibiting an incredibly linear 1:1 drive ratio from pretty much idle to redline and its hitting 35psi without issue, fully cleans, there is zero smoke. Im fairly confident the pump is limiting me.

I have a 6bt core from a 95 F700 with a 175hp P7100, and a chance to buy another 466 core out of an oil truck that has an A pump on it, but i cant read the tags. Ive seen it suggested that the timing cover for the A pump has the same bolt pattern to mount the P- Pump to my current 466.

Can anyone verify this? What all else would i need to get the p7100 onto my DT? Or is there some other economical way that ive missed? Thanks in advance.

Re: DT466 pump swaps December 17, 2015 05:44AM
P3000 pumps can be put on really easily. Unbolt the round steel cap on the front of the pump housing and machine it down to fit the MW mounting plate. Re-machine the o-ring groove and use the MW o-ring. 7100's use a different (wider) four bolt flange, so the easiest way to do it is with an aftermarket mounting plate. The same gear will work to drive the pump, but you will have to grab the right plate and hub.

Re: DT466 pump swaps August 14, 2016 06:46AM
thanks, can anyone expand a little more on "right plate and hub" please ? use plate and hub from what? or custom made from who?

Re: DT466 pump swaps August 14, 2016 12:10PM
If you want to put a P7100 on it I have on the shelf billet aluminum mounting plate, hubs and gears for that application ............ also stock tuthill fuel supply pump with billet aluminum monting plate and drive Keith 402/750-8652 These fit IHC 400 or 300 series blocks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,842, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro