John Deere 4010 transmission December 18, 2015 04:33AM
I have a two speed transmission that im putting in a 4010 trans case. I'm having a problem with binding between the large reverse gear on the main shaft and the small reverse gear on the top shaft. the gentleman I got the two speed from says there are two different main shaft reverse gears. I have the R32188 stamped on the gear. Is there a different gear that might be smaller that would keep it from binding when assembled?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 10:29AM by JS Hot Farm.

Re: John Deere 4010 transmission December 19, 2015 05:54AM
There are two different gears, I don't believe they are smaller, the gears just have a different slant to them if I remember correctly. And yes, that will cause them to bind up. Don't have the numbers, but a Deere dealership should be able to help you. I believe just the very early model 4010's had the different slant and are hard to find. Been there done that and ended up having to buy a different gear for the bottom shaft when we stripped our gear on the upper shaft because we couldn't find any of the older gears from scrap yard and Deere couldn't get them new anymore. Your best bet is to match up with whichever gear is newer. Hope this helps

Re: John Deere 4010 transmission December 19, 2015 02:31PM
Thanks for the info. I know what I have is not right and for sure won't live!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,773, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,946.

Our newest member Jason