WTPA LLSS Rules December 29, 2015 03:32AM
Attached is the rules for the LLSS class starting in wtpa 2016 season

Light Limited Super Stock Class

All NTPA OEM chassis superstock rules, including shielding, safety and SFI requirements including roll cages apply to this class plus the following rules.
Class weight 6250 Ibs.

Engines

1. Blocks and crankcase shall be the same manufacturer or factory replacement.

2. Engine must match brand of tractor.

3. Rear of engine must be in stock location for make and model of rear end and transmission housing, with a maximum tolerance of a 1” adapter plate.

4. No V-8 engines allowed.

5. Cylinder heads must be the OEM manufacturer casting for said tractor and engine block or factory replacement block at the time of manufacture. Original casting must be retained. Porting and polishing of the original ports is allowed. Modifications to the cylinder head(s) to accept for billet, casted, recast, molded or any other kind of insert is NOT allowed. Cylinder heads limited to two valves per cylinder. No overhead camshafts allowed.

6. Use of supercharger(s) is not allowed.

7. Maximum of 370 cid (+ or – 1 percent) for single turbo charged alcohol engines. No intercoolers allowed.

a. Turbocharger(s) shall not exceed a 3” inlet and a 4” outlet measured at the face of the wheels. No “step down” intake housing, exhaust housing or wheels of any kind allowed. The intake wheel and exhaust wheel must protrude into the maximum allowed inlet and outlet dimensions at least 1/8”. No secondary source of air and no slots of any kind allowed. Housing slots must be permanently disabled by being welded shut. No temporary inserts or plugs allowed.

8. Maximum of 315 cid (+ or – 1 percent) for twin turbo charged diesel engines. Intercoolers allowed.

a. Turbocharger(s) shall not exceed a 3” inlet and a 4” outlet measured at the face of the wheels. Slot cannot feed inlet face of wheel and .200 MAF enhancement allowed.

9. Maximum of 410 cid (+ or – 1 percent) for single turbo charged diesel engines. Intercoolers allowed.

a. Turbocharger(s) shall not exceed a 3” inlet and a 4” outlet measured at the face of the wheels. Slot cannot feed inlet face of wheel and .200 MAF enhancement allowed.

10. Maximum of 470 cid (+ or – 1 percent) for single turbo charged diesel engines. No intercoolers allowed.

11. The maximum allowed size pump for diesel injection is a p-pump. (No aftermarket housing). Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.

Chassis

1. OEM tractor rear end and transmission housings only will be accepted, no component tractors allowed.

Tires

1. 24.5 x 32 with a maximum of 210-inch circumference, when inflated to 10 psi. Tread width not to exceed 25 inches.

2. 30.5 x 32 with a maximum of 210-inch circumference, when inflated to 10 psi. Tread width not to exceed 31 inches.

Any questions contact chris at (715) 926-3623

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 09:40AM by red thunder.
Attachments:
open | download - WTPA Rules - 2016.docx (16.4 KB)

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 29, 2015 09:35AM
Any chance you could post it different, I don't have Office on my computer.

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 29, 2015 09:50AM
Basically the same as the llss down south.

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 29, 2015 10:06AM
Got them, Thanks for the email

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 29, 2015 12:17PM
No problem. My dad worked at Case Corp for many years. Hate to see a formatting issue keep one off of the track!

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 01:16AM
BM
Any chance you could post it different, I don't have Office on my computer.

Here is a pdf version of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 01:18AM by Timah.
Attachments:
open | download - WTPA Rules - 2016.pdf (219.4 KB)

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 12:13AM
Chris -

Do you know what the pay outs will be for the new LLSS class? Do you have any pullers all ready committed to running with WTPA? I would like to here more from WTPA about them adding this class like why they have decided to add it. What the benefits are to pull WTPA instead of other organizations in the state. With a higher initial cost to join and pull WTPA rather than other organizations in the state why should people come to WTPA or build for WTPA? I'm not trying to start any war or bashing on this subject from anyone. I just think people would like to hear more from WTPA about this addition and what they have to offer being there is already 2 other LLSS classes in the state.

Thank you

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 03:12AM
I can give you the reason we are signing up with wtpa, up in the northern part of the state we don't have a llss to pull in. If we wanted to pull with a org. In the past, it would have meant driving to the southern border of the state for basically every hook, of course we'll have to travel some with wtpa, but at least there will also be hooks up in this area!

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 06:06AM
Northerner?...Just for reference, where in the state are you, "roughly" I'm in Northeast Wi (Fox Valley area)

Thanks...Red712

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 10:00AM
What would a step down housing or wheel be. Would a clipped wheel be a step down?

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 10:18AM
Were NW Wisconsin, river falls area

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 10:47AM
Hey Northerner, what do you run? Where would the LLSS class be hooking?

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules December 30, 2015 11:01AM
Those rules will make for a very broad range of tractors. VERY NICE Drinking
Will be nice to see that class offered. WTPA needed another class to offer promoters. Thumbs Up
Its nice to see organizations running the same rules.
The sand box is very large and it offers more places for pullers to go.
LLSS is a growing class in Wisconsin all over the state.

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules January 15, 2016 05:30AM
Will this class eventually bump the single charger diesels to a 3.6 inlet like the southern groups have done, or isn't that necessary? Are the diesels able to keep up with the alkies in Badger State?

Re: WTPA LLSS Rules January 16, 2016 02:57AM
Yes they can. Bs downfall is tires sometimes. 24 vs 30s

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,843, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,970.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro