My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 12:09PM
This is the first trip to Gordyville and was wondering what is the show like. What's the best classes to see?

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 12:57PM
Glad you can join us. What's your favorite class in the summer? We try to mix things up a little and have all types of horsepower ranges every session.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 01:54PM
just enjoy the show, if you can't find a tractor class you like at gordy then you don't like tractors, hope its a great show wish I could go but thems the breaks

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 02:10PM
Make sure you enter thru the pit entrance and buy a pass that gets you in the pits. Keep in mind these are the busiest pits you will ever see.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 03:15AM
I like super stock tractors and I didn't see any on the schedule...so I wouldn't like the show

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 03:39AM
Its a great show and a great time. If you can't have a good time at Gordyville It would be hard to understand.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 10:55AM
Better look a little closer. Super stock diesel invitational on Saturday night. Not a bigg class, but definitely good iron.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 02:36PM
Friday night will be the packed night. Drunk college kids all over, wanting to fight. Had a cat fight last year.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 05:13PM
yes

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 06:35PM
It's a great show.. There's something for just about every type of enthusiast. Just make sure you dress for the weather as it can get a little chilly after a while.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 10:51PM
Walking into the pits at Gordyville is like a 9 or 10 year old walking into a toy store...It's magical!

Many sights, sounds and smells to take in...

1. Bring Beer Money

2. Dress Accordingly. (Pits/ Stands can be chilly from time to time, but all in all, pretty good.)

3. Prepare to stay up late and have a 130 a.m. meal at Steak -N- Shake

4. Bring your phone or camera for pictures. (Every year I get a new idea or two for my tractor)

5. Don't be afraid to say hello and ask questions. Drivers are pretty friendly.

6. A lot of different classes if you're a tractor guy. For example, Pro Farm tractors back home in MD/VA are different
than Midwest Pro Farms, so I try to pick some brains and ask questions.

7. Stagger your Pork Sandwich/Hot Dog intake.

8. Bring Extra Beer Money

9. Have a good time, you'll enjoy yourself.

Really going to miss going this year, but look forward to 2017.

Clayton Sweeney

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 04, 2016 11:23PM
Excellent description Clayton.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 05, 2016 02:59AM
The Gordyville show is a one of a kind event. I guess there are several things that stand out in my mind. I have to agree, get a pit pass, there are so many hooded tractor classes from a large area of the country that it is always very interesting to see tractors that make up a vast portion of tractor pulling. One of the good things about the pit pass that tractors keep moving in and out as the show goes on, a constant flow of vehicles.

The announcing is first class, with Butch, Jeremy and Miles Krieger doing an outstanding job.

The speed of the show is face paced and the sled setting are 99% spot on. Dave Hager and Co.do a great job making every class exciting.

Setting is up close and personal, the view from every seat is within 75 feet of the track.

The tractors, there are tractors from so many different classes and organizations that it makes you realize that pulling is not just a national tractors but tractors from all over the country. I think the thing that I realized after my first trip to Gordyville was the vast number of top rate tractors that do not pull on the any national circuit. It showed me the strength of state/regional pulling in the country.

The toy raffle and display by Justin Stuckenschneider have to be seen to be believed. Justin is a true craftsman in the reproduction of pulling tractors. This years raffle is going toward the "Wounded Warriors Project". This a charity that every American can take part knowing full well the sacrifice that these brave men and women made for our freedom.

Gordyville is a hooded tractor pulling fans utopia.

Link to Gordyville information

Link to "Wounded Warriors Project" Charity toy raffle

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 05, 2016 12:13AM
oh yeah plenty of beer money !!! the most fun ive had with my pants on !!!!!!!

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 05, 2016 04:24AM
This on TV. What channel.here's a thought pay view this show ,louvilive ,western farm shows

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 05, 2016 06:07AM
not sure about the western farm show but both Gville and Lville need to be attended to get the fun of the show. Lville has so many things else to see and Gville is nonstop pulling for Friday and Saturday and a real good show thursdat night. I think there must be at least 30 to 35 hours of pulling for the 3 days.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 06, 2016 12:44AM
What time do the doors open Saturday morning?

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 06, 2016 11:27PM
what does pit pass cost at gordyville? never been there planning on going this year.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 07, 2016 01:09AM
GO TO WWW.WHATSSMOKIN.NET FOR PRICES ON TICKETS & PIT PASSES

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 02:37AM
Can you buy tickets and pit passes at the gate? I'm interested in going, but don't know which nights I can go to for sure yet.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 03:38AM
yes

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 04:28AM
Do any sessions sellout?

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 04:50AM
not that I'm aware of

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 02:50PM
I get the pleasure of bringing my 3 boys (all grade school aged) and my dad to G'ville for the first time this year. I have been 2 other times in the last 7 years and enjoyed myself. Here is my question; we are coming for the Sat. evening session only due to other commitments. Will the facility be emptied out of spectators and then everyone come back in through the "gate" once again for the evening session. I remember this happening one of my previous times I went. I am simply wanting to know as I don't want my kids outside in the typical low temps for a long period of time if not necessary. I completely understand and respect people having their reserved seats if they have been there all weekend or even in the Sat. afternoon session; but as I mentioned, just wanting to keep my kids from getting froze. If we need to wear snow pants, we will certainly do so but didn't know how the building evacuation, if any, happens. Thank you for any input as I just want to be prepared. Can't wait !!

Thanks!

Aaron

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 10, 2016 09:30PM
Yes, they empty it out and then go back in. Would make it a little more spendy, but if you got pit passes you can hang out in the pits between sessions. You could also hang out in the little restaurant next door to stay out of the cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2016 07:13AM by dirtfarmer.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 11, 2016 06:26AM
What time do the doors open prior to each session? Their website doesn't provide that information and I'm purchasing tickets at the door. TIA

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 11, 2016 07:12AM
I've gotten in a couple hours ahead of start time on Saturday morning. Evening will vary depending on when afternoon session gets over.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 13, 2016 07:04AM
If its your first time you will be disappointed as theres nothing but drunk, dumb ,and know it all,s who have no life but covered in Brown Carrhatt ! Good luck to you ! Tractors are great if you like CIH

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 13, 2016 08:35AM
Kristy pretty much hit the nail on the head, it's not a family friendly environment, that's for sure..

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 13, 2016 11:00AM
bs I have been there 4 times over the years and I don't remember ever drinking a drop of beer but hey that was my prerogative. Plenty were imbibing but I drank a coke and watched some good tractor pulling. Helped Martins carry out a destroyed prostock but I just don't understand how one can go to Gordyville and not have anything positive about the event.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 13, 2016 01:18PM
Well I have to agree with ol George. It is what you make it. I'm sorry but, I have never been to a pull anywhere that there is not drinking going on somewhere. Whether you participate is your choice. I have had my kids there and I have not. I choose to have it be a adult weekend now that my children are older, and yes I am a married female. I have never been and not had a great time. I guess it's all about what you classify as fun. It has been a way of life for me since I was 11 years old and would not change a thing! See ya in Gordyville!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 01:58PM by jmgodzilla62.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 19, 2016 02:50AM
Like Dick said in another post earlier, agenda driven posts made by guests that hide behind the keyboard don't hold any credibility. It made me laugh imagining a bunch of drunks wondering around in Carhart's spouting off everything they know while watching nothing but red tractors go down the track. If this is all you had truly seen at Gordyville, you must have blinders on. Focus on the negative and never see any good come out of anything. You must be a real treat to live with. Thanks for the laugh.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 19, 2016 05:24AM
I guess my question "Kristy" why did you go???? It seems that it isn't the sport for you. I would have saved face and stayed at home. I wish we could say we were sorry for you having such a horrible experience but, I don't think we are. I hope the "man" or other people you were with over looked your negativity, cause you sure would have put a damper on my weekend of pulling and fun. I hope they all know how you feel about it and leave you home next time, so we also don't have to hear how you feel about it.
From 1 woman to the other, by the way, that had a great time (drink free just so you know) go shopping and make yourself happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 05:24AM by jmgodzilla62.

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 17, 2016 09:43AM
That's too bad of the experience there,, after the sled fiasco I'd say not many will be back

Re: My first time to Gordyville January 17, 2016 10:15AM
You're dreaming if you think a couple sled issues will hurt the attendance of either pullers or fans. Other than the NFMS there is not another event that fans look forward to. There is just to many things going on there, lots of vehicles, lots of vendors and Justin raises a large amount of money every year for charity. This year it was The Wounded Warrior Project, I heard over $20,000. I remember a couple years ago they raised over $35,000 for the widow and her kids. of a young puller, so Kristy, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP ANY BODY????? So you want this pull to die, sweet.Confused

First time to Gordyville January 13, 2016 01:38PM
Kristy and Outlaw watcher must be someone dandy, I have been there several years and didn't see it that way, It is a big world "Outlaw watcher and Kristy can sure find something else to enjoy.

Re: First time to Gordyville January 14, 2016 12:29AM
Well folks I guess it is what you make it. My first time to Gordyville was not a very good experience, it was cold, smokey, crowded, uncomfortable seating and I swore I'd never go back, But then want back as a puller a few years later and had a awesome time so I guess it's what you make it. Acturally thinking I may go back this year and watch the Saturday sessions, would go for them all except have some other things happening that may not allow me to go. Klint Tucker you are doing a great thing there so don't let up.

Re: First time to Gordyville January 14, 2016 01:39AM
I'm not saying it wasn't good pulling action, but the year I went I wouldn't have wanted my kids there, as the night went on the drunken idiots were out in force..

Re: First time to Gordyville January 14, 2016 05:22PM
Kristy sounds bent out of shape, but I've seen quite a few Deere's there on my visits as well as a mix of other colors, so it's not an all red show...

In all reality, it's relatively close to a college town, and there's probably not much going on a Friday/Saturday night in January. Beer will be drank by college kids and adults. It is what it is.

I'd have no problem taking my little boy, but I'd just be mindful of the surroundings and control what I had control of. Not every spot in the joint is filled with "drunken idiots."

Can't wait to attend in 2017!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard