courier soap opera? May 18, 2009 12:55PM
Thought I might relate an ongoing saga of a shipment that I am patiently waiting for, anybody can add their story which may be wilder then mine. here goes-Ordered said parts in the morning ,shipped that night in an all brown vehicle,arrived ten hours later at customs in Windsor, Ontario Can. sits two days for clearance-not totally unexpected! but from there it goes to Eagen MN. then back to Windsor which sends it promptly right back to Eagen MN. who now has sent it to Hodgkins IL.To think it was with in three hours driving distance not once but twice drives me to distraction! oh ya apparently the rest of the order is suppose arrive in a separate shipment which according to the tracking web site is now on the same voyage as the first package. Must be some sort of job creation scheme? or some one may just have explain to me how the courier business works,gotta go I here a beer calling me, Thanks Jake for letting me rant!

Re: courier soap opera? May 18, 2009 02:44PM
Wow thats a new one Jim. If you clear it through Canada customs thru UPS you will pay alot but it clears very quick. My clutch parts from Rursch took a week to get to me and $120.00 for a $900.00 dollar order but no problems. Maybe the custom forms were filled out incorrectly by the sender.

Or maybe they were told not to let any HotRod Ford parts into Canada. Us Allis guys need a chance. Grinning

I hope you are ready for Millbrook cause I seem to be slow at getting mine together. Let me know if there are any I should call cause they are looking for a good show.

Re: courier soap opera? May 18, 2009 10:36PM
Update on package one's travel itinerary , now in Chicago, IL. second still imprisoned in Windsor, ONT. also have other engine parts sitting in Virginia not completed yet,tractor can run with out them ,just hope to put em in later in the season.I still hope to be ready for Millbrook although I lost two weeks of productivity due to a somewhat serious personal health issue-something called septicaemia but I'm happy to be just back in the game! Thanks Jim

Re: courier soap opera? May 19, 2009 04:49AM
further travel update has passed through Livonia.MI and back to Windsor- me thinks maybe map don't go across the border? oh well might as well hitch up the dogs.

Re: courier soap opera? May 19, 2009 05:10AM
I feel your pain, I had some snowmobile parts take a similar path. I ordered them in november the next july on a 95+ degree day I got them. GREAT TIMING!!!

Re: courier soap opera? May 19, 2009 05:45AM
Jim,
Give me a call. I work for Brown and may be able to help you fiqure out what's going on with this crazy travel path. It almost sounds like there are two different lables on the box and it keeps going back and forth depending on who looks at what label. We are alot better than this. This is not normal.
231-947-1523
Wayne Stine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 08:17AM by Wayne S.

Re: courier soap opera? May 19, 2009 07:16AM
We have all had a glitch to one extreme or another, but I can tell you I have had hundreds get to customers or get here without incident. I must say, last Easter I was waiting on a part for a CNC machine. It was supposed to come Good Friday UPS Air. It did not. The shipper selected ground by mistake. Several phone calls later, I was at UPS facility and a supervisor was carrying my package. He physically watched a trailer get unloaded and found my package. Above and Beyond! Thanks UPS!

Re: courier soap opera? May 19, 2009 12:58PM
sorry jim,I've paid them to scramble your parts,you can pick em up at my place (have to check out what makes your motor stay together)lol.But realy been there done that we lost a clutch at the border for 6 weeks last year,hope you get it in time.See you in a few weeks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009