2 wheel drive pullers May 19, 2009 02:19PM
Just wondering, do any pulls allow 2 wheel drive trucks more of a stock nature or super stock for the low budget puller?
I know I have seen street 4x4 pulls and there is a class in NTPA for super stock but why not a 2 wheel drive for us broke folks to run in?
I've been pulling an antique for the last 5 years, but now these guys ae going nuts spending upwards of 10 grand to run an antique for
a three dollar trophy or maybe $25 payback. All build up parts are outrageously high for antiques but you could build a
good running 2 wheeler prett cheap.
Just wondering!!!

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 19, 2009 04:42PM
Dont know about the cheap part !!!
Where are you located at ???

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 19, 2009 05:19PM
I'm in Tennessee. What I mean is I can buy most any performance part I want at a reasonable price for say a small block Chevy or Ford
cams, headers , cranks and so forth. If I try to buy the same for an antique tractor it has to be custom built at a "custom" price. Since all us amatuers are just doing it for fun why should we have to hock the farm to afford to pull. I still enjoy pulling the antique but the number of entries is getting smaller every year partly due to the economy and maybe partly due to the fact some of us don't see throwing 10 grand or more at a hobby puller, if you will, for a $3 trophy. Basically drag racing has gone the same way there's not much "cheap" classes left so I thought maybe a sportsmant type 2 wheel drive class would be nice.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 20, 2009 06:03AM
I don't know about in your area, but there are clubs out there that run a smaller TWD class. Check out some other sites to find out what the actual limitations are.

Rick

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 20, 2009 07:50AM
ORVTPA runs a 5800 SS 2wd class, go to the link to get rules...

[www.orvtpa.info]

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 20, 2009 01:16PM
And be prepared to spend about $10,000.00 on the engine so you can win an $8.00 trophy!

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 21, 2009 08:17AM
I don't know of any in TN that run 2wd's they are all 4wd.
In KY there is two organizations that run them.

KTPA PS2 485 ci aluminum heads any rear no planetary 5 speed or smaller trans 35 street tires.
KOTTPA PS2 470 ci oem cast iron heads same rest
KOTTPA mini trucks small block class any cast iron head 408 limit I believe.

I can get you all the rules if needed.
tweakedtad@hotmail.com

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 22, 2009 04:11AM
It would be nice to see a Super Stock, or a Pro Stock 2wd class in either Outlaws, or NTPA. A DOT tired 2wd class would go over just as good as the DOT tired 4wd class has. And it would be a great stepping stone to get into a Mod 2wd. There are enough trucks in the midwest now to support an upper level class.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 22, 2009 07:22AM
The outlaws are going try run a 2 wheel drive NA class this year it has a 540 cid limit basicly a a combined class from Nebraska Truck and Tractor pullers and Nebraska Power pullers rules. I think they were going to try to run the class a few times in Nebraska,Iowa and south dakota to see if it will work. Should be a good class hope it works out for them

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 22, 2009 09:34AM
Does Tom and Dan Trefer pull with both of them groups ? Seems like I have seen the old ford around alot.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 24, 2009 11:53AM
Sounds like some cheap show fillers to me. I don't want to pay an Outlaw pull price and watch fewer Outlaw classes being offered with 2 wheel drives burning up some time to fill out the show. Just look at the Nebraska State Fair pull, for instance, the prices have stayed the same but the quality of the show has gone significantly down. LSS and SF are the only non-"state" level classes being offered. But that's OK, we can watch a 500 hp small block instead of the diesel super stocks.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 25, 2009 11:56AM
Different strokes for Different folks.
You can watch what you like.
I like to watch everthing go down the track.
But I like 2wds the best.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 05:44AM
Face in crowd, you should build yourself a pulling vehicle can come join us in the pits! Then we will see how cheap YOUR filler is!!!!

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 10:12AM
Wish I could but the reason I don't buy a pulling tractor is the same reason many of the Neb. Power Pullers won't ever move up to the Outlaws. Lack of capital.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 01:20AM
If you have a “Lack of Capital” to do it your self, don’t knock the drivers who are out there putting on the show! To each his own, with what class a spectator likes. Me myself, I would rather watch 250 trucks go down the track before I would watch any 1 tractor. But that is my opinion. And I am not on here bashing anyone else! And before you bash a class, do some leg work! The truck I drove to work this morning has more than 500hp!!!

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 02:38AM
I wasn't knocking any drivers. I like those guys and I doubt that any of them have delusions of grandeur. They know that their show isn't Outlaw level. But that doesn't mean that they haven't stepped things up a lot in the last 20 years. A lot of the guys I know would love to drop a blown hemi into their 2WD or build a mod 4WD with a 700 cubic inch engine. But like 95% of us, they don't have the extra dough to justify doing it. That's all. No shame in that. They put on a good show. My point was that the Outlaws have been offering fewer classes of late at some of the pulls I attend. The price of admission didn't drop any however. And when you get some locals to pull just to fill in some time, that's not progress to me. I know most of the power pullers would pull at an Outlaw hook and consider it an honor. Probably do it for free like at Wisner last year. But I'd want to see them pull IN ADDITION to the normal amount of Outlaw classes, not instead of offering a couple Outlaw classes.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 25, 2009 02:44PM
Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The outlaws are going try run a 2 wheel drive NA
> class this year it has a 540 cid limit basicly a a
> combined class from Nebraska Truck and Tractor
> pullers and Nebraska Power pullers rules. I think
> they were going to try to run the class a few
> times in Nebraska,Iowa and south dakota to see if
> it will work. Should be a good class hope it works
> out for them

Any ideas what events they might run this class at? Have heard rumors of this happening for some time now, but have yet to see anything official and nothing about it on their website that I see. This could be fun to run when they are in the area.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 26, 2009 06:02AM
Dan and Tom treffer do run in both the Nebraska Truck & Tractor Pullers and the Nebraska Powerer Pullers. They( the NA 2wd ) will be in Ravenna for sure pulling under The Nebraska Truck and Tractor Pullers, I think probably DelRapids, Wisner & I heard maybe the Nebraska State Fair there are rumors of more of them looking at it

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 30, 2009 04:59PM
Would like to see Outlaws add this class. Might be a good one for us to move into. I think that they could get the trucks in Iowa and Nebraska. Most of those trucks run Cepeks though. I can almost promise that Scott will have them in Del Rapids since that is the class he runs the Coe in. A few of them hooked at Wisner too last year.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 26, 2009 09:15AM
If Outlaw has a pull in Iowa with the Naturally Aspirated 2wd trucks, I will be there!!!

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 26, 2009 11:38AM
Its hard to know where to go when they aren't listed on the schedule, and no rules are posted. We've pulled with the Nebraska Power Pullers before, so I'm sure we are good on rules. The Iowa state fair would be a good location for this class Smiling

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 05:35AM
Do you think the S/S 2wd class would be better of running a 34" barred tire, or a DOT tire? The Pro Stock 4wd class has done real well running a DOT tire. East Central Iowa Pullers can run either a DOT tire or a 34" barred tire. I just wonder what Outlaw or NTPA would think put on a better show.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 07:13AM
bdquick, Is that you Danny?

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 08:10AM
Dan who ???
Shane, Sure hope things work out so we could be at the same pull ...
Would really like to get some of your money !! lol.......
47 Ford
Dan

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 02:07AM
So what Dan would this be?
I will be at the pull in North Liberty on June 14th. If you want to get some of my money, I am not that hard to find. Lol…….

Shayne

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 03:16AM
Yep.. Your not that hard to find because I know where you live !!!!!! lol !!!!!
Was at your place when we picked up the roller...

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 05:42AM
Now I remember! Smiling
Do you have that truck together yet? You were putting a Ford body on it right? Your sister drives, is that right?
Email me some photos if you have it done. mortss10@mchsi.com
Where are you guys from again? I know its a ways from here! So North Liberty will be WAY too far for you guys!
Have you ever pulled in Allendale, MO? I might be there on June 12th. That is about as far West as I will get this year. Unless something changes. Smiling
Maybe something will come together with this Outlaw stuff! I haven't pulled with Outlaw in years!!!!!!

Shayne

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 28, 2009 10:17AM
No, but you're close. This is Brian. Dad can barely turn the computer on Grinning

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 01:33AM
So Brian, are you related to Danny then? I thought the last name was spelled the same.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers May 29, 2009 11:59AM
Yep we're related. He's my dad.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 01, 2009 02:47AM
Brian
Did you guys get your truck out much last year? I didn't see you out anywhere.
What is your Dad's contact info? I want to touch base with him about the changes we made to the ECI rules this year.
Let me know.
Thanks
Shayne

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 02, 2009 07:06AM
You should have an email Shayne.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 02, 2009 07:46AM
IAMO and Northwest MO are have a pull in Albany this Saturday night. Naturally aspirated 2wd's will be running there.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 02, 2009 09:41AM
What are the rules for there NA 2wds. Just wondering how close the Nebraska groups are to the IOMA and the MO groups

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 02, 2009 01:12PM
Ken, Send me and email and I will send a set of IAMO's to you. Thanks.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 03, 2009 01:55AM
My e-mail is ( khervert@nctc.net ) Thanks Ken

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 04, 2009 05:42AM
Ken
Here are the NA rules for the ECI club.
If you have ay questions, let me know.
Thanks
Shayne

ECIPA SUPER STOCK 2WD RULES
Trucks with 488 cubic inch engine with cylinder heads that have factory intake and exhaust port spacing and will accept and operate correctly with OEM intake manifold. (See below for approved cylinder head list.)
Engine block must be cast iron. No aluminum blocks allowed.
One Dominator style 4 barrel carburetor or two 660cfm carburetors with mfg numbers on the casting. No split carbs.
No nitrous oxide or pressurized fuel allowed. No nitromethane or oxygenated fuel additives of any kind allowed. Alcohol fuel only. Fuel testing will be performed.
If alcohol fuel is used, driver must wear full fire suit, fire gloves, fire shoes, and head sock or full face helmet with built-in head sock.
May use custom frame. 180" center rear axle to farthest point forward, weights included. Minimum 18" from rear axle to hook. Must have a clear hook. No weight further than 12" from hook.
Trucks must have a presentable box or flatbed.
Each drive shaft must have a minimum of two (2) loops. If vehicle has a shaft between transmission and transfer case, no longer than 24 inches, one (1) loop properly centered will suffice; two-piece shafts must have four (4) loops.
Rear hitch point to be a minimum of 18 inches from the centerline of the rear axle. Limited to a maximum hitch height of 30”. Hitch hole must be 3” wide and 3 ½” front to back.
34x18x15 barred, or 40” or less DOT rear tire. (No cutting of the tread)
Approved Cylinder Head List

Any cast iron cylinder head. The following aluminum heads are allowed:
Chevy – GM Performance, Dart 320, 360, Pro1 325, 345, 355. Brodix BB2 Extra,
AFR 345 and RHS (Pro-Top Line) 360.
Ford - Blue Thunder
Dodge - Factory head and Indy 440-1 (No HEMI heads allowed)
Any cylinder head not listed would need to be approved by ECI board before allowed.

Re: 2 wheel drive pullers June 04, 2009 06:34AM
Thanks for the response. from both Shane and IOMA Rep. The Nebraska rules are very close to the IOMA rules except for the tire size and head rule for oem style intake The ECI rules would allow them to pull with us but there is a enough difference that we probably would not be able to go there. Both would be more than welcome to come and play Thanks Ken

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009