Gordyville Raffle January 24, 2016 04:59AM
This was truly a great a effort put forward by so many just have @#$%& thrown back on all that donated and orchestrated the raffle. [dailyheadlines.net]#

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 24, 2016 07:11AM
I am not sure what you are trying to say. however I have talked to several retired/disabled veterans have benefited directly from the Wounded Warrior Project. I am sure you have some agenda to belittle the efforts of Justin and the Gordyville raffle. Do you really think that major organizations would be so deeply involved if the where not honest and trust worthy. The NFL, NBA NASCAR and countless others all have working relationship's with WWP.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 24, 2016 11:35AM
I don't think that he is trying to belittle their efforts. He is just pointing out how much money from the total donated actually goes to wounded veterans.

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 24, 2016 11:36AM
Could have good intentions, I'm unsure.

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 24, 2016 12:34PM
fan in the stands
This was truly a great a effort put forward by so many just have @#$%& thrown back on all that donated and orchestrated the raffle. [dailyheadlines.net]#

It is very hard to say the intent in the above quote given the fractured sentence structure, I would hope the individual could clarify their thoughts so that we can understand the context of their thoughts offered here. That being said the link is to what I call a fly-by-night sketchy website that is a click-bait machine that is all over facebook anymore. In fact I recommend that you DO NOT go to the link, do your own google search for info on WWP because the website will lock your computer up! In my own judgement and based on doing some research beyond the click-bait website, does the WWP use their funds as efficiently as they could? No. In the grand scheme of it all WWP is not best but it is absolutely not the worst when it comes to channeling funds to those in need. This can be said of many other charities also!

In the end we're seeing results from WWP donations; we see it on tv daily in commercials. That's a direct result of WWP spending a lot of money on good press/advertising to let the world know what they're doing. That is the case with many of the best charities out there, needing to spread the word on what they can do for a person in need.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't it always seems, especially operating under the context of ignorance to the entire situation. I look forward to seeing what Justin does for 2017, he is a major asset to the sport! Now if I can talk him into building me a copy of the Lily White Deere the Conners had...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 25, 2016 10:55AM
I would like to take a minute and thank Justin, Klint, and all the folks putting forth the effort to benefit American Heroes! I would also like to thank Don Slama, Nick Skaar, and Bruce Slaugh for generously bidding on the swing! And I applaud Don Slamas effort in the Toy Tractor Raffle, Don was very Generous this year at Gordyville! Thanks to all the good folks who purchased the raffle tickets also. Thanks also to Bryan Conner for a friendly rivalry bidding on the NFMS Hooters Poster giveaway, never a dull moment with Bryan around.

BB

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 25, 2016 12:37PM
does anyone have pictures of the swings ,,heard they where pretty wild

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 25, 2016 03:00PM
Ive read many different articles about the WWP, and have even talked to some men who served and were involved/ recieved aid from the WWP. With that being said, Yes 100% of the money we raised at Gville will more than likely not all go to help aid our Veterans, but it sure is going to help, and that is all that matters. All of our efforts with raising money for different foundations will not always be perfect or spot on, but I sure dont seen anyone else trying to do some good, so I am not going to change our ways.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible, glad I you all are on my side! God Bless

Justin Stuckenschneider

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 25, 2016 04:18PM
Justin you no doubt have the support of the pulling community in your efforts, regardless of the charity that benefits.

Fan I appreciate you clarifying your thoughts. My initial point: Charities ARE businesses and need to be run as such. Im not going to begrudge someone for making X number of dollars in the administration of a cause; we don't know the hours they work and what they actually do, and what their compensation does in reference to the bottom line of providing needed services. If there's a distinct Indeed some charities have leaders that are not compensated at all and that's great but those folks are very likely already wealth and want to extend their knowledge to charitable concerns; good for them. The best way I can illustrate it is a tractor dealer A pays their salesmen 5% commission and generates 1 million in sales while tractor dealer B pays 7% and has 5 million in sales; you best believe I'd ride that B horse every day of the week though $300k more goes out the door to sales. You get what you pay for, no matter what it is.

In the end it needs to be made clear is that this website's takedown of the WWP holds no point of reference of how the charity ranks in comparison to peer charitable organizations. That's why I cannot stress enough that it is important to educate yourself beyond one source, not just a clickbait website and not go running down the efforts of some good folks without all the facts. WWP isn't the best run organization but it sure isn't the worst run charity of its' peers.I bought $60 in raffle tickets (I wanted one of those swings...and the FMJ..) and by my feeble math about $40 of that will directly help a veteran. Thats $40 more dollars than they had before I opened my wallet and I'm ok with that.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 25, 2016 12:45PM
Nothing but best intentions commend all that donated and put it on. But if its just padding pockets of people running WWP its a crying shame. I believe that's what I stated before. How many read the article before blowing up.

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 26, 2016 12:58AM
I looked and wounded warrior project is higher rated than american cancer,,,,american lung, american diabetes assoc.,,,, march of dimes,,and many other really good charities,,,,,per charity navigator..

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 26, 2016 11:58AM
Wounded Warrior charity is not what it should be according to CBS news. Only 60% of the money gets to the people that need it. The other 40% is spent on parties and vacations. This is verified by past WWP employes.

Re: Gordyville Raffle January 31, 2016 12:11PM
I love seeing all the support and money raised for the troops as i'm currently member of the Air Force and The American Legion. The American Legion has a program called Operation comfort Warriors "OCW". All of OCW’s administrative and marketing costs are paid from Legion membership dues received, meaning that 100 percent of donated funds go directly to purchasing comfort items for the troops.

[www.legion.org]

Rusty

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms