IH roller lifters January 27, 2016 06:26AM
Can you use the factory roller lifters in a non roller block without having the lifter bores machined on top for clearance for the plates?

Re: IH roller lifters January 27, 2016 07:19AM
Depends on your cam

Re: IH roller lifters January 27, 2016 09:22AM
No Limit in WI makes roller lifters to fit in small bore IH blocks without any machine work needed.

Re: IH roller lifters January 27, 2016 10:31AM
It depends on the cam and the block. From experience it's not easy to find a shop to machine the bores flat. Wipeout does make a thinner tie bar. I have a set if needed.

Installed the cam and slide two lifters in with the tie bars. Turn the cam until the lifters are bottomed out and see if the tie bar moves any while keeping down pressure on the lifters.

Re: IH roller lifters January 27, 2016 11:30AM
The tie bars hit with my new bilit cam, my block was a ih block not navistar, it's currently in machine shop getting cut down.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,788, Posts: 229,981, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,102, Posts: 226,059.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009