Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 04:26AM
Did anyone besides me come down to this sand pit and like the show
Need a track builder

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 04:30AM
Hope it gets better tonite

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 04:37AM
Any results posted?

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 06:58AM
the track is never good, its the sandiest track you'll ever see so I'm not sure what you expect. You really can't do anything with it. in my opinion the sled could have done a lot more to let them come out of the hole easier and build up speed.

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 07:09AM
i know for a fact they are limited on the track. . not allowed to haul dirt in, so your options are water it and pack it. when you have sand that only goes so far. i think they do good with what they have to work with, which isn't much.

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 30, 2016 07:03AM
Regardless of the track material, all of the pullers pull on the same track. It takes some more strategy than horsepower. Enjoy the pulling in January. The Southern Promotions group does a great job.

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:20AM
Yea I know the track isn't the greatest. They do well with what they have available. Any results?

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:56AM
Let's go pulling

Scrolldown

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 03:36AM
Thanks a lot

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 06:27AM
Hey Beach Boy !!!! Let us know where u promote a pull in a indoor horse arena with few options so we can show up & learn something !!!!

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 11:43AM
murfreesboro is my favorite indoor pull. its always a great line up of pullers ,a great crew that keeps the show rolling , a nice town to stay in after the pull , and a good pit area.

the only down side is the dirt gets loose the more pulls into each class. but idk what could be done about that except maybe a heavier track roller in between each hook in the class

but overall an awesome pull i much prefer it over NFMS pull any day, hope to be back again next year

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:21PM
bull riding was last wk, I am continually amazed at how many people complain about the tracks at these facilities, the dirt is what it is; more water and a heavier packer are the only solutions that I know ; the tnt group is gonna have this to contend with at white pine since its the same style surface

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:55PM
Hey George,where in WHITE PINE are they having the pull,we will be coming down 25 south out of Ky,Thank you !!!

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 03:34PM
come straight down 25 and you will dang near run into the place easy to get to and hotels within 1mile of facility, I live about 14 miles from the place let me know if I can be of assistance.

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 05:39PM
Just so we're all on the same page here:

Beach puller and hope have the same ip address, and it IS familiar, seems Ive seen it before. I....WE...do watch such things.

Horse dirt is horse dirt is horse dirt and when the horse people who are the primary users of said facility want a softer surface, they get it. It was not the same track as the prior 4 years, it was visibly different from the way it folded back together. Looked like the organic matter % dropped and more sand added.

The finals netted winners from various draw positions; Shake and Bake in LLSS was a mid-pack hook, Just Blowin Cash in Pro Farm was a mid-hook, Dixie Deere was early, and Jay Fuqua was last hook in LSS-Congrats Jay and family, glad to see you back by the way. Its the same dirt for everyone and everyone has their opportunity to change and adjust for the conditions.

Building seats 4600, nearly every seat was full Saturday night and it was standing room only, likely 5000+ in the coliseum. Congrats to Joe, David, Melissa, and the entire crew for your successful event. I have been to every one of them and I couldn't be prouder for you all having stuck it out and made the show what it is today. Looking forward to 2017.

To the Coomer and Keltner families, my family and I offer continued prayers in this time of grief; Jason and Tabitha your presence at the pull and your hooks were some of the most emotional and memorable things Ive ever seen at a pull; The outpouring of love and support shown to you all over the weekend reminded me of how important family truly is in pulling. Horsepower therapy is a very real thing. God Bless you all.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:16PM
Why don't they have a rodeo on the sand and not a tractor pull and leave it to the professionals like Louisville and gordyville

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 12:29PM
Did I seriously just read that? Since some places don't have good dirt to pull on just cancel the show? I don't think you'll find anybody to agree with you. Winter pulling is hard to come by and most of us will take it any way we can get it! Apparently pullers like it too since they had more hooks than ever in murfreesboro this year.
George I've heard from the antique guys that the track in white pine is way better than most indoor tracks.

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 01:51PM
it is so funny to think that the ones who get on here and pi$$ and moan probably don't even have a tractor or truck to pull! They just get on here to stir the pot and get something going! And those who may actually have a tractor or truck that are complaining about this track more than likely didn't even pull there! Most of us are just happy to have somewhere to go and have fun during the down time of pulling! It is a great show and very well organized! Don't ruin it

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 02:12PM
From a family that was there pulling , well run show by good people in a good community , we look forward to every year, thanks again . The Linvilles

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 03:36PM
there is a little more topsoil instead of as much sand but it still requires a tremendous amount of water and a vibrating packer to get through the day with antiques can't imagine having any success without the same for a horsepower pull

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 03:45PM
Get the bucking shoots ready
I like bull riding

Re: Murfreesboro joke January 31, 2016 11:12PM
The only good reason to ride a bull is to meet a nurse.

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 03:15AM
Is there some place other than a face book to get the complete results?

Murfreesboro results February 01, 2016 03:23AM
Results are up on the Southern Motorsports site, just click on link on main page to access results.

Southern Motorsports Invitational results

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Murfreesboro results February 01, 2016 07:06AM
Thank you Bryan

Re: Murfreesboro results February 01, 2019 06:18PM
To all the cry babies stay the hell home i drive over 8 hours to see this pull and as a fan its a well run show bar none seems nice to break up the winter and see my good friends who i havent seen in months cant beat the price to attend and food
prices are reasonable and the average person can afford a hotel room in town all it takes is a few babies to ruin a good thing for fans as well as pullers who drove thru adverse extreme cold and road conditions to get to the pull and i have the ba$$s to post my name Michael A Kemp

Re: Murfreesboro results February 01, 2019 07:31PM
THIS POST IS TWO YEARS OLD IF YOU HADNT NOTICED THE DATE GREAT PULL TONIGHT HAD A GOOD LOUGH WITH Bryan L and friends then this when i thought somebody beat me to something

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 09:32AM
Hey George,what's the name of the place,is it in Morristown or white pine?

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 10:44AM
It's the Great Smoky Mountain Expo center in White Pine, TN.

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 11:30AM
what I get a kick out of is the the complainers are being complained about,so samo samo,we all have thoughts and ideas,let's live and let live,If You Have the Right to complain about the complainers,--why are you any different.

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 02:28PM
Was not able to make the pull the last two years, but forward to next year.
It is the best indoor pull I have been to. Best seating of any. Dirt is not the best, but have pulled on some out door tracks that are worse. Great people to work with. MACK

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 01, 2016 02:33PM
I didn't do any good but cant wait till next year and we were all pulling on the same track so no reason to complain

why the dq February 02, 2016 08:01AM
why the 2 dq in the 9500 lim-pro class?

Re: why the dq February 02, 2016 04:49PM
why
why the 2 dq in the 9500 lim-pro class?

Out of Bounds

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 13, 2016 08:04AM
From a pulling family that was there this year & pulled, it is one of the best pulls we go to. We broke so didn't do any good but will definitely be back next year for a shot at it again. David & Melissa Holbrook & Jody Wamble & everyone else that put this pull on are totally awesome & do the best job they can with the dirt they have. It is mainly used for alot of different horse related activities & they will not let them bring in any more dirt. Not a bad seat in the house. Beach Puller, apparently they are doing something right. They had one of the biggest turn out of pullers this year & a standing room only on Sat. night. Several of the pullers that are there have been pulling down there for a few years & telling everyone else about it. David, Melissa & Joe........THANK YOU for all you do for the pullers!! Keep up the great job & we'll be back next year WinkingThumbs Up

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 16, 2016 03:11AM
Beach puller do you even own a tractor that pulls there? If you do, you knew before you got there, If not stay home! It's that Simple. The Holbrook's do a fine job and you will not find better people. Evidently your not in our pulling family. As you will notice our pulling family stays together. Sorry you were so disappointed in your weekend. It seems there are others that had a ball.
Wife of a KY puller!

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 16, 2016 01:24PM
this is a little off subject, I was just curious if anyone knew when we might be receiving our prize money for the event? no biggie, just wondering

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 20, 2016 06:59PM
Are the payouts the same for every class? And was wondering what they are?

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 21, 2016 01:46AM
Participator, do you think you will get a satisfactory answer by asking the question on this forum? Maybe.....you should call David, Joe or someone within the SMP structure if you have a question like that, rather than taking a cheap shot at them on here? I believe at the pullers meeting prior to the pull they stated checks would be mailed out and I specifically remember David saying if you don't receive your check within a reasonable time to call him?? Remember that? I do.

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 21, 2016 11:12AM
Go get em Rob I mean tell em

Re: Murfreesboro joke February 22, 2016 11:24AM
Got my check today!
Thanks

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM