pro stock February 05, 2016 10:42AM
I read a post earlier talking about crown clearance and valve clearance. And it basically stated what a Sf and limited pro should run for clearance. But didn't state any clearance info on for a pro stock. Wondering what the clearance is?

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 03:41AM
Almost 900 views and not one person can help me?? We are building and need some advice
Thanks

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 04:31AM
I can help you. Are you working with a very reputable engine shop builder? And engine dyno shop? If you are, that will help you. And likely immensely. If not, you are continuing to stab into the dark, long expensive way to figure it out.
With the $$ invested in today's PS's, your best investment will be in each of those first two questions.
I would not necessarily expect any successful PS puller to post on a chat board what is likely considered a secret in their engine program to his/her success.

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 04:33AM
I do not know what you are asking what is crown clearence ? If you do not have good understanding of basic clearence you shoud not be trying to build a prostock.

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 05:39AM
Think they are wondering how far down to set the piston from the top plain of the deckplate, and where guys are setting their valves in the seat, and how deep of valve reliefs guys are running. Lot of variables there. Some head guys have their valves protruding from the face of the head, while others set them flush.... This will affect valve reliefs as well as cam profile and timing. What color are you building, and do you plan on doing the machine work yourself? Would not discourage anyone from building, but there are good guys to talk to for each flavor.

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 12:35PM
Crown clearance is piston to head clearance. If you don't understand what that is maybe you shouldn't comment. Props to every puller out there who builds their own. Maybe he is have a machine shop building parts and he is getting a second opinion. You never know what the situation is. So there for daddyo keep it to urself please. No need to kick a person down. The sarcastic comments get really old. Guy is looking for little help in the sport we all love. Red green yellow blue orange who cares what color you are, we are all out to have fun and put a good show on.

Re: pro stock February 07, 2016 01:57PM
I did not mean to twist anyones tail .but I never heard it called crown cleareance.We call it deck clearence. Guess it depends where you live

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM