Ih 66 series steering hand pump leaking February 06, 2016 05:15AM
Got hand pump/valve that is leaking, I changed the round rubber gasket sleeve and still leaking around the steel spacer ring, any ideas? Have had others leaked and changed gasket and stopped, this one didn't... And is steel spacer sleeve supposed be able to spin/turn when bolts are tight?because it does... I did get the right length sleeve know there are two sizes available... Thanks

Re: Ih 66 series steering hand pump leaking February 06, 2016 10:19AM
Yes get the longer rubber

Re: Ih 66 series steering hand pump leaking February 06, 2016 10:37AM
you have leakage between the control spool and the housing.that round tube type seal is for non pressure fluid seal,it wont seal pressure leakage at the spool,hot much you can do to correct it, I have had some luck with replacing both the seal and the metal tube .good luck

Re: Ih 66 series steering hand pump leaking February 08, 2016 01:37PM
Does anybody rebuild these hand valves or do you just buy another one? They seem to be fairly complex, I was told they have to be timed or something if they are taken apart. The price from the dealer seems to be on the expensive side. Something like $1300 new, if I remember correctly, and $600 - $800 reman. I bought a used one and it leaked too.

Re: Ih 66 series steering hand pump leaking February 08, 2016 02:05PM
They are pretty easy to reseal. They don't generally give much trouble otherwise

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009