Dave bennett February 11, 2016 12:04AM
Is it just me or was Dave way out of line last night with him questions? I'm sick of this guy what a absolute $#÷÷!#k.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 04:02PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 12:10AM
What was said? A lot of the time they have no idea what they are saying.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 01:01AM
I thought both announcers earned their money last night with all the down time with smoke tube. A hour to entertIn the crowd at on time. Both did a great job and you never know what king of answers you are going to get when you go in the crowd. Glad we had something to do do why waiting.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 05:46AM
Watcher you thought Dave was the problem last night? I think they both did another great job.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 01:53AM
He is a butt about 100% time. A lot of the times he is just talking to hear his self.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 03:47AM
My opinion and MY THOUGHTS are Dave is the best. Heard him over the years and on TV every week and knows lots of info about every puller and keeps the crowd entertained. He was great last night when smoke tube was down and since he started coming to the farm show the other announcer had to set up there game to keep up with facts on the pullers. Since him and Butch having been working together the announcing has been better every year than in the past.

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 04:59AM
So whats your name and what pulls do you announce at?? You must be the best...

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 05:55AM
What an absolute waste of a post. If you want to make a post that attacks a person at least have the dignity or the set of kahunas to post your name. I have grown up listening to Dave annouce for as long as I can remember. The guy is courteous, generous, and cares about all of the pullers. He is extremely easy to walk up to at pulls and start a conversation. Then add in the the FACT that Mr. Bennet does his homework and knows facts the pullers. He is easily one of the best, if not the best pulling announcers in the nation. What he has done for the sport of pulling far outreaches what you, I, or any other Joe Blow has ever done for the sport.
Now for the part that really bothers me.............I don't understand how in the hell you can call an individual a "prick", especially when you probably never have even talked to the man face to face. Sounds like you should maybe look in a mirror.

-Austin Weitzenkamp
(402)-719-5193

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 07:31AM
I have to agree that Dave is one of the best if not the best. I run into him 10-12 times every summer and he always has the time and courtesy to stop and visit. I've been all over the country to tractor pulls and I've yet to see any announcer any better! JMO

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 03:36PM
Sounds like "watcher" needs to post his name so he can be hired to announce a pull sometime!!!!

Re: Dave bennett February 11, 2016 07:39PM
My favorite part is when the announcers go into the crowd or interview the driver at the end of the track!

Re: Dave bennett February 12, 2016 08:43AM
I don't envy Butch and Dave on a night like Wednesday, it's got to be really difficult to fill so much dead airtime during a bad session with so much smoke tube breakage.

To be honest, I don't hear the announcers too much because I'm usually too busy talking to people to hear the announcing so I'll refrain from commenting on them specifically, but I do understand that some people don't like Dave's style or his accent. That's fine we all have our opinions, but to say 'maybe you should announce then' is just plain stupid. I'm never going to be president, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on Obama. Announcing is an extremely important part of the show (and they're all underpaid by the way) so commenting on them is fair game as long as people are respectful.

Dave's doing a very public job. Some people like him and some don't. That's part of the gig, some people like me and some dont, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. That's what I signed up for when I made this page public.

My hats off to Dave and Butch for carrying the show on Wednesday.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Dave bennett February 13, 2016 12:53AM
Look up the Pulling Radio Network on soundcloud or iTunes and listen to the Thursday NFMS liveshow. Early in the program Miles Krieger and Gregg Randall both appear and provide some very insightful commentary on announcing both live and on TV. Very much worth hearing to understand what it's like from our side of the mic.

CP

Re: Dave bennett February 12, 2016 01:24AM
Having had the honor of announcing one pull it is not as easy as one thinks. The pull I announced we did not have any problems and still takes lots of work to keep the crowd interested during the down time. I did not see or hear pull but just wanted to let people know it is easier to drive tractor in pull than to announce the pull. If we keep complaining a lot of good announcers are going to set in stands and pulling will lose. Thomas Wood.

Re: Dave bennett February 12, 2016 07:58AM
Surprised they could get you out of the house, let alone to a pull, for such poor announcing!

Re: Dave bennett February 12, 2016 08:35AM
I think dave is a very good announcer in his organization , and I have only ever heard him at the nfms but I do find hes is unprofessional in some of the things he does I don't like that he hands out broken parts> secondly it is nfms it ranks as one of the 2 most prestiges shows there is not an advertisement for the western farm show last year I felt that was all I heard from him . butch is a very good annooucer and he looked offended when dave constantly talked over top of him harld and butch did have chemistry which I have yet to see from butch and dave . the bet in the business right now in my own opinion is miles!!

Re: Dave bennett February 12, 2016 10:50AM
Butch has been handing out broken parts for decades in Louisville. That's nothing new up there

Re: Dave bennett February 13, 2016 01:01AM
When you have more than one announcer there is always going to be someone talk over the other. When announcers get spread out it is a wonder it does happen more often. These two actually work good together. Butch plugs Bowling Green all the time and heard other pulls like Gordyville mentioned so why wouldn't someone plug the Western Farm Show coming up in two weeks. Pulling fans might want a chance to see more pulling after watching this pull. I noticed the program recognizes all three big pulling associations with full page ads. Great job by both Butch & Dave.

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 05:58AM
Announcers are going to talk about pulls they know about or announce at. Not like Butch didn't talk about Hillsboro and other PPL events.

Re: Dave bennett February 13, 2016 12:48AM
I am glad the Outlaws and Dave Bennett are back at the Missouri State Fair. That pull has went down hill for years in both vehicles and announcing since the Outlaws left. Heard Outlaws having a big two day pull at Warrensburg starting this year. Great to have good pulling coming back in Missouri.

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 02:35AM
My opinion Dave carried the farm show this year as far as announcing goes. We never get to hear him but once a year and enjoy his commentary and sure brings a lot to the pull. They need him at Bowling Green.

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 04:58AM
No doubt about it Dave kept the crowd entertained. This year it seemed like early hooks won everything and that can make for a dull pull when you watch the whole class and never have a new leader. Dave' flare, entusishem , facts and stories on pullers did carry the show and mad a big difference this year. Seems like he looks for story lines and keeps everyone informed on what's going on. Best I've heard and I have heard many over the years!

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 10:46AM
By far Dave is one of if not the best announcers ive heard. He keeps the crowd entertained and for all you guys bashing,No ones perfect

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 02:08PM
The stands are 2/3rd full, Dave may not be the whole reason but he sure is a contributing factor, his lack of understanding of how a modern diesel pulling vehicle operates his lack of knowledge of pullers east of the Mississippi ( where most of the competitors come from) all combined make for a poor show, add in the arrogance of the committee and down hill goes the NFMS Tractor pull

Re: Dave bennett February 14, 2016 06:24PM
Saturday afternoon I had an opportunity to sit and watch the first two classes of the Saturday afternoon session. I also made a conscious effort to figure out why Dave is such a polarizing figure on the track by listening/focusing in on his commentary. After a couple hours of listening and watching there were some thoughts that became apparent.

First off, Dave is a professional with an outstanding voice that really shines when he speaks to you one-to-one, as I've spoken with him on a couple of occasions. Having said that it seems to me that great voice booms to an extent that the acoustics of Freedom Hall aren't kind to him. Butch has a different manner of speaking (Im not educated enough about tone/pitch/inflection/??? to identify the specifics) and it doesn't "boom" like Dave's does. One other thing I noticed is that Dave will get to rolling the words between hooks and coupled with the acoustics things get lost in translation. In saying that, I have to ask myself, "wouldn't I get in a hurry with my words under a pressure situation?" Yep, I certainly would. Wouldn't you?

There's only two people who currently understand and feel the pressure of being the voices of one of the most scrutinized events in all of pulling; the Farm Show pull is truly a fish bowl, where there's no other activity beyond watching the track other than getting a beer and a pork chop sammich. Offering CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts is the only way to go folks. Again I believe Dave is a good announcer, great voice but maybe misunderstood literally and figuratively due to east of the Mississippi bias. Lay off him unless you have some constructive thoughts and sign a name too along the way. Thanks.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Dave bennett February 15, 2016 06:05AM
Just my opinion but I think there is defiantly a different style of announcing out to the east from the west. I live in Missouri, announced a few pulls and always pay close attention to the announcing when I travel to a pull. Out here there is a lot more joking that goes along with the announcers, most try to keep it family friendly and it seems to help keep the fans paying attention. I love reading Miles's blog and respect how he is one of the most educated people in pulling but the first time I heard him announce at gordyville I thought man this guy is lame and way too serious. I come to understand that it is the style used more to the east and that people from Indiana, Ohio and further east love that and think the western style is bunch of dumb bad joke rednecks. I love listening to Mr. Bennet and hope the farm show keeps him around for a long time. Dave worked his butt off keeping the crowd there on Wednesday night. Thank you to all the people that help promote the sport of pulling!

Re: Dave bennett February 15, 2016 07:46AM
Miles will tell you just exactly that. Here in MI, we grew up on a heavy diet of Tom Hartsell. Tom is a very passionate announcer, but also very technical. I find in my own style that I will talk just as much (maybe more) about the "theatre of machines" and what happened on a run and why I think it did as I will about the people. It's probably a direct reflection of my interests with the sport. Folks that are used to it like it. However, I am sure if I went out west, I'd come off as too "intense." That's ok with me. Room for everyone at the table and we all bring something good into it.

CP

Re: Dave bennett February 15, 2016 02:24PM
Typical NFMS response, everything is great, you may not complain, nothing needs to change, and the grandstand is full,
Well I don't pull there anymore so I don't have to tote the party line so I can sit on the track

Re: Dave bennett February 15, 2016 03:11PM
I always liked coming to the farm show. I was a lucky "Handy Capper" that got a broken blower belt back in the day. Thanks Butch

Re: Dave bennett February 16, 2016 03:20AM
I have not been to Louisville for 5 years since I started doing the pull at the Western Farm Show in Kansas City the following week. This year the way the calendar worked out there is two weeks between shows and I got to come in this year. I thought Butch and Dave made a good team announcing at this years pull. A lot smoother than the first and only year I heard them together 5 years ago. That comes with working together and picking up on each others style. I first heard Dave in 1992 at the Tulsa State Fair and liked what I heard. When I became president of OTTPA in 1998 we made him our number 1 announcer and he has been great for us. Here is a bio on Dave Bennett that we sometimes put in our souvenir program and this isn't his first rodeo. Outlaws is blessed to have him on our team entertaining our fans. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - Dave Bennett Bio.pdf (32.3 KB)

Re: Dave bennett February 16, 2016 03:12PM
What a history! No idea he had done all of that over the years.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009