Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 01:06AM
way to go team Chizek! Was there ever any doubt they would kick ass? Other pullers should just stay home or be happy with 3rd place as the new 1st for the rest of the class. Chizek and his team are gonna be in the history books, far ahead of those old pullers like Dean, Engler, Banter. Let's put them in the hall of fame already with their 2016 championships. we should just rename ntpa and ppl to Chizek pulling league! Go Team Chizek!

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 01:18AM
We LOVE to Pat are self on the Back. If it wasn't for my drives and engine guys I couldn't get it done. The old Just BlowN Smoke tractor never won crap.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 02:15AM
Team Chizek
We LOVE to Pat are self on the Back. If it wasn't for my drives and engine guys I couldn't get it done. The old Just BlowN Smoke tractor never won crap.

That's because it competed in a very competitive class. How many ULSS @ BG every year??? How many 10-Pros @ BG every year????

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 02:46AM
All classes are truthfully. I'd like to see Mike drive his own stuff then see the outcome.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 03:17AM
I can see why everybody dislikes them , but there is no doubt that the tractors are very impressive, Terry and Josh are very talented builders/drivers , Brian is also a skillful driver, and Mike well Mike is pretty good at writing checks, I'll give credit where credit is due.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 03:47AM
Never said I didn't like them. Just want to see him drive again.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 07:36AM
I was a fan of ulss at one time. Blackburn tractors run good. Its just not fun to watch any more. I mean everyone knows they are going to win. I feel bad for the other guys that don't have a guy like Chizek writing checks out of an unlimited bank account. Just my opinion.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 08:10AM
I wish he'd give his drivers a raise,lol

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 08:12AM
Won't be long they will split V8 and Inline motors just like alkay /Smokers

V-8 that they are running are illegal from the get go. February 14, 2016 10:11AM
Read the rule books ppl, the V-8 that are being ran in the case-IH is illegal in the first place. It ONLY came in true 4x4 tractors. These organizations don't have balls to stop things before they are out of hand

Re: V-8 that they are running are illegal from the get go. February 14, 2016 10:28AM
They do use 903 cummins blocks, but they weren't the first ones, Kevin Campbell and Patrice Beaudry were also using them years before so you can't blame them Terry for pioneering the grey area of the 903s being used in SSO even though he had a hand in building Kevin's and possibly Beaudry's, let's not forget about the two that run in PPL , how does it apply to their rule book?

Re: V-8 that they are running are illegal from the get go. February 14, 2016 01:43PM
Your right, it isn't their fault. It is the organizations that ever allowed them to be where they r today.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 10:43AM
Yes Hirt runs V8s in the Pro Pulling League. If they were really illegal the association wouldnt let them run. They dont win all the time,theyve just made everybody else jealous because they figured out how to make what they have work under the rules. The distance you wish to achieve is measured by the depth of your wallet can be inserted here

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 11:14AM
I have no problem with the chizek team tractors, I think the v 8 tractors are awesome pieces of engineering and they deserve to win as much as they do!

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 09:23AM
That's what makes it so boring , knowing the out come before the finish , such a waste of time

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 11:05AM
Before them it was Larry Roberts
Before Larry it was Silver Bullit.
Before him it was Conner with the same tractor.
Before him it was the king of smoke.
Before him it was Rob Russel.
Be happy that there will be a challenger to them sometime. Hold on for the ride.

Man up and get out the check book and try him out. They may like the challenge.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 02:14PM
Get over it
Before them it was Larry Roberts
Before Larry it was Silver Bullit.
Before him it was Conner with the same tractor.
Before him it was the king of smoke.
Before him it was Rob Russel.
Be happy that there will be a challenger to them sometime. Hold on for the ride.

Man up and get out the check book and try him out. They may like the challenge.
they were all 2wd tractors

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 12:36PM
Did anyone notice that the Galot II tractor won 6 events last year?

S'no Farmer

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 01:35PM
Those tractors run. Bent and John got them running strong.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 04:07PM
For fun lets just say Terry had a different v8 to work with say the 3208 or the Perkins which without a doubt are legal, what are everyone's thoughts? assuming these engines would be built to 650 ci , over head cams, the custom heads, the same turbo set ups they are currently using would the outcome really be any different? Personally I don't think so, the 903 may be a stronger block but I think the other engines are capable in the right hands, they were having plenty of success with the inline engines so in my opinion it has more to do with the builder.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 14, 2016 10:54PM
No doubt Terry can make one run,but,let's take away chizek's money,that would change things.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 01:26AM
Seriously I doubt Terry Blackburn's check book is lacking.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 09:03AM
To make a 903 650 cubes , you add material , to make a 466 650 cubes you take away material. That is why you can run a 903 harder and it is more dependable. A 903 was never in a 2wd farm tractor making it illegal. But Terri and Chizek was not the first to it.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 10:43AM
Not illegal in Open Super Stock class, the class allows articulate tractor engines. Someone can take a Cummins 855, IH V800, Cat 3406 or 3408 and run if they wanted...but complaining is easier.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 12:09PM
The big inlines and 3408 would bet be nearly as effective nor rpm friendly with the long stoke they have, with the 903 you can leave the stroke and drop bore from 5.5 to around 4.65" and get under 650 for a 855 without destroking bore would only be 4.15" dropping from 5.5.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 10:44AM
NO tractors came with log scider rear ends ether so who cares or gives a crap Lustic was the man to beat for years now its Chizecs turn

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 10:54AM
Thinking out Loud
A 903 was never in a 2wd farm tractor making it illegal.

Do you own a rule book? Have you ever read it? You might want to try it sometime because you could learn a few things. It 100% LEGAL. I think its a dumb rule but its still LEGAL!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should change your screen name to "NOT Thinking At All"

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 11:17AM
I would love to own a tractor built by Brent Long or Terry Blackbourn! They are the best. Great guys too. Been great to the sport of alcohol tractor pulling.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 12:03PM
They way I see it is sure Chizeks stuff is top of the line. But what is happening is it all about money. NTPA/PPl need to start imposing some kind of limits on this class and the light super class. They will start to die quickly when you have to spend 250,000.00 to even come close to competing it will kill this sport fast. The v8's should have been outlawed long ago just like they did in the light class. Plus there needs to be boost limits imposed on these 2 classes it will even the field and save a lot of pullers from quiting. Plus make a better show for the fans who are really what this is all about. I suggest waste gates set at 100lbs . No turbo size restrictions just a preset wastegate handed out by the NTPA/PPL . Everyone pays a one time fee of say 1000.00 to buy a wastegate. All tractors are setup to take same wategate. At every pull there is a drawing to see what wastegate you will get for that day. It may sound foolish but INDY cars do this to keep it even . Boost is what is winning these pulls certain brands can take more than others. At a 100lbs we wont need aftermarket blocks or fancy high dollar turbos. I am betting you will see these classes grow if this rule was in place.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 12:20PM
Here's an interesting scenario, or just being goofy, but have PPL and NTPA make the V-8s illegal. Chizek and Hirt now both have top notch V-8s to run. I'd like to see them mount them side-by-side on a modified and run them. Now that would be fun to watch; V-8 ag engine versus automotive. I'd pay for that show... Smiling=

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 07:01AM
in that scenario imagine the two motors at 903 cubic inch,wow factor for sure.think they'de seriously be competitive ??

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 12:36PM
Outlaws figured out limits and cost restrictions a long time ago and look they have done I the last 10 years. This is not Nascar when it comes to payouts, yet they have rules to even up competition.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 11:48AM
Allis Chalmers 6120T, inline 6, 731 cu came stock in a 8550 , If you will donate a few hundred thousand Dan? I will call Terry and have him get working on a head!

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 03:23PM
Smuggler....

Would love to put up the $200K....With that amount Terry or Bamber can build the head....You and I will take care of building the rest, with plenty of money to spare....

Was not that familiar with the Allis 6120 engine that you speak of, so I did a little digging (see attached pic)...Sounds like the Allis 6138 utilized the same block and displaced 844 ci....Not sure if the 6120 would be the best candidate or not, but looks plenty sturdy without knowing the dimensions... This would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Dan Dunham

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 03:41PM by Dan - PullingDepot.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 10:52PM
isn't that the motor allis chalmers put in a verey few semi trucks,a ac dealer by me had one at one time ...

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 12:24AM
patches
isn't that the motor allis chalmers put in a verey few semi trucks,a ac dealer by me had one at one time ...

Yes, a few of them made their way into trucks, they had water pump issues and nor rooms my survived. I believe it was the 25000 series in the trucks.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 12:01PM
I was under the understanding that they would break cranks when they got turned up and pulled hard in semi trucks. Any truth to this?

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 20, 2016 02:14AM
Very true that was one of the weak points in the engine

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 20, 2016 02:24PM
Thanks!

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 21, 2016 02:13AM
I worked at a power plant for many years and they had a backup fire pump engine that was an A-C. I'm not sure anymore as it's been a long time but as I remember it was a very large CI and it ran on gas. It had two spark plugs per cylinder. We would have to go out and run it about once a month for 1/2 hour,I don't think it was ever used for it's intended purpose. I always liked running it because when you would crank it up under load the manifold would glow red. I think in the early 80s they replaced it with a diesel engine.

S'no Farmer

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 21, 2016 02:58AM
Sounds pretty cool!

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 12:29PM
correct me if im wrong but isn't there a 3208 in a light supper in outlaws.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 03:46PM
You are correct about a 3208 Cat in the LSS class in Outlaws....We originally built that tractor back in 1999 / 2000....Currently, Scott Whitworth owns it, located near Unionville, MO.

Dan Dunham

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 11:47AM
Yes and if ever become dominate they will outlaw him.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 12:17PM
you saying outlaws will let you run till you win then ban a tractor. sounds like poltics.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 01:38PM
They already tried to keep it out of the ulss class.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 03:43PM
A few things going on here....And a few things that are not

1. As a couple people have stated, it is definitely legal to pull a 903 or any other motor used in an articulated tractor and/or (I believe) Ag type vehicle etc.

2. Until someone builds an over cubed inline 6 with the heavier block and brings it down to 650, utilizing the best 4 charger setup and dual OHC head, the V-8ś will continue to dominate! Brent Long motors are only safe to about 598 CI or slightly over.....BL motors and most inline 6ś are being out cubed by approx. 50 CI...Are being out air flowed because of the small bores (thus smaller valves) and out boosted, because the 466 blocks are stretched to the limits. Why do you think Terry, Jeff, Campbell / Jones are running them! It is like comparing Apples to Oranges! It is pure physics! If Terry or similar built an inline 6 using the larger block and Technology that was used with the 903 Cummins, the Big Inline 6 would be bad to the bone and would be at least as strong as the 903 and then some!

3. When considering Point #2 from above, this is the reason that NTPA, PPL & Outlaws (to a certain extent) jumped the gun by eliminating V-8ś in the LSS Class...Why? Because, unlike USS, in LSS both inline 6 & V-8 blocks can reach the max cubic inch...Both types of blocks are similar in strength, inline 6ś probably having the stronger of the 2 which allows the inline 6 to run more boost than a V-8....Please remember, in LSS class, only 2WD tractor engines can be used......Considering the facts, in LSS you would be comparing Apples to Apples, thus it would be very tight competition, because there is really no advantage one way or the other.

Dan Dunham

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 15, 2016 04:05PM
Very well said Dan, I couldn't agree more.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 16, 2016 04:03PM
V-8 would still have the edge in light super. Valve area = horsepower in line six comes up 2 short every time. This is why they outlawed them in lss.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 17, 2016 12:52PM
I'm just waiting for someone to take the v12 from the big challenger tractor and decube it and see how many rpm's it'll stand.

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 20, 2016 12:41AM
to answer the one Question from above, Yes, The Ac,s that was put into over the road trucks did have issues when guys would lug them,
But I do have a question about the Chizek tractors, Each time I see them run after they have stopped at the end Why Does the Driver keep pumping the Throttle lever back and forth real quick,.
Thank for the Broad,

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 20, 2016 03:25AM
I would say that cools the motor down

Re: Team Chizek dominated! February 20, 2016 03:54AM
To try and keep it running. Sometimes they like to quit at the end of a run.

last year February 21, 2016 07:50AM
Did the lady that chizek ran over her truck & left it last year ever get her truck pd for ? If it had been one of the small players they would never be asked back.

Re: last year February 21, 2016 08:09AM
I'm sure her insurance covered it and then went after chizeks insurance company to reimburse them. Unfortunately I'm sure she was still out whatever the deductible was.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009