Questions about attending Tomah May 22, 2009 04:23PM
I went to Tomah for almost a decade starting in 1994, but haven't gone in past 6 or 7 years.
I'm considering going back this year.

My question is- what food/beverage items can you bring into the stands? I remember no beer (not a problem) but what about small coolers, water or soda pop?

Have they made changes or improvements to the facility? Do pullers still pit in the fan parking area? When I first went everyone was pitted on the north side of the bleachers, but the last year or 2 there were guys pitted also on the south side.

Is there any reserved seating in the grandstands?
Does Roger Simon still take up a half dozen pit spaces? (just kidding....better not answer that one, lol) Grinning

thanks for any advice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2009 04:31PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 23, 2009 01:01AM
I don't think they will allow you to bring coolers into the stands unless its for medical reasons. They are trying to make enough money to have another pull again next year.

The 6 spaces that were taken up in the past by Simon are now occupied by Lustiks or whoever the current poster boy(s) are for cen-pe-co.

I don't recall any pullers pitted south of the stands. I have pitted east of the fair grounds in the parking area. The propaganda from the Tomah folks is they have expanded the pit area into the campground that is south west of the track. I hope so since I think it is less than desireable to be pitted in the parking lot(unless it rains).

No reserved seating that I know of. I'm sure Tomah has a website.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 23, 2009 11:22AM
Tomah has a website. It is in the links on this page. There is some reserve seating. I don't remember what section but there is on both sides of the track.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 01:58AM
If you like all NTPA pulling go to Tomah. If you like specific classes stay home. This pull gets worse every year. They drag it out play games with clearing the stands and letting you back in. I live so close and I don't know if I will even go at all this year. It has gotten crazy expensive. I mean tickets food and everything. I belive it was the best pull in the country say 8-15 years ago.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 03:30AM
It isn't for an average pulling fan, Tomah is for the Extreme Pull Fans... If you want to see every class the NTPA offers run twice, there are only two places to do it at.. Tomah, and Bowling Green.. If you just want a few tractors in each class, then head to your County Fair... Its an awesome experience, and if you enjoy it.. you go back again and again.. this will be my 4th time... Yes it costs, but it is a GREAT show... And a really fun place to attend

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 03:52AM
I am not the average pulling fan. I travel all over the Midwest to pulls in the summer. This year I have almost two weeks of my vacation used up on tractor pulls. The NTPA is geared more to noise makers now. I like tractors and tractors that smoke. They get less tractors every year in the ps class. They do get alot of SF tractors, but the way they break them up and blow the sled setting most of the time they don't put on the best show. Larry does not like tractors period. If you are an average fan or a drunk Tomah is a good place to go. The attendence has been dropping and it has gotten expensive. It is also alot to sit through if you only like specific classes.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 05:26AM
I am a big pulling fan. I remember going to Tomah as a kid. It was a great experience. I have gone the last 4 years and will be there again this year. I love the pull and would not miss it. It is still a very good pull and one of the best in the country.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 08:26AM
I agree resident Tomah is not a pull it is a show my big complaint is if a session or part of session gets rained out they dont try to work it in the next day no fans and pullers lose out. Yes also to the games they play with the fans basically herding them like cattle after each session gets old after a day or so I miss going there but i dont miss the show.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 24, 2009 09:39PM
Tomah is a wonerful event with lots of great people. I have been going to Tomah for 15 years and I will be back again this year. Yes the prices have gone up in the last few years sorry. I'm sure they have not raised ticket prices at Disney Land or Great America in the last 15 years right. Tomah is a great time with some awsome tractors and trucks and I think everyone should go there at least once. They do have a website and you can get all of the info there.

Re: Should Tomah do like Bowling Green May 25, 2009 12:53AM
and instead of charging a price to get in the grandstand per session, just let your ticket be good all day?

That way, clearing the stands isn't an issue.

Re: Should Tomah do like Bowling Green May 25, 2009 03:49AM
It's not like you aren't gonna leave to get food or use the bathroom anyway. Most pulls are doing this anymore.

Re: Should Tomah do like Bowling Green May 25, 2009 02:48PM
the tomah website is www.tomahtractorpull.com has all theinfo and phone to get in contact. there is no reserve seeting that iknow of.they tried two years ago lot of emty seets

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 25, 2009 01:20PM
How is Tomah not a pull? It has pulling vehicles,sleds,and the best people in the world to be around. And I classify that as a pull.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 25, 2009 02:01PM
I go to Tomah every year, look foreward to it all year. Here is my opinion on things.

You may not like every class but if you can't find a bunch of classes to get exicted about a Tomah you are more whiner than pull fan.

Considering that there is hundreds of pullers in attendance who all have hundreds of thousands of dollars sunk into pulling it takes a lot of nerve to complain about spending a couple hundred dollars on a whole weekend of pulling entertianment.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 26, 2009 08:29AM
It is not the show it was and the NTPA is not what it was.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 26, 2009 02:11PM
Its a show it quit being a pull about 15 years ago when they started letting the Simons,Lustiks and Roberts of the world take up half the pits with there traveling circuses thats when it became a show and not a pull.

? May 26, 2009 08:09PM
Are spectators allowed in the pits?

Open Pits May 27, 2009 02:06AM
The pits are open. In fact, you can go into the pits and never even have to purchase an admision ticket.

Re: Open Pits May 27, 2009 05:14AM
To add to that, you can take your cooler into the pits and just leave it at one of your puller buddy's hauler, and then just go out and get whatever your drink of choice is before, during, or after the pull. You can not walk into the pull with an open beer can/bottle or cooler but you can walk in with anything in a plastic cup. During any of the classes that have 60 entries it is nice to be able to go out for awhile and walk around in the pits, talk to the pullers, or have a couple of beers. Almost any of the Mafia boys are more than happy to tell stories and drink beer after the pull, or during the pull (if they are not pulling on that particular day Smiling

Re: Open Pits May 27, 2009 06:22PM
Plus it's cool to see vehicles from across the US, that you don't normally see at the local pulls. If you go to Tomah and stay for 3 or 4 sessions and haven't seen enough tractor pulling to satisfy you, then there's something wrong with you! And the open pits will keep you busy for half a day by itself!

Re: Open Pits May 28, 2009 04:02AM
Heard Sunday night session was in it's last year, being replaced with Thursday night.

Re: Questions about attending Tomah May 30, 2009 11:34AM
I can't dispute that Tomah is one of the best pulls in the Midwest, if not the country...I just don't like the politics of the organization. A few years ago the sled broke for the minis during the afternoon session. The organizers were actually cool enough to let anyone who purchased an afternoon session get into the evening session for free. Where they failed is, for all of us who purchased an all day ticket, they didn't do squat for us. The people who committed to paying admission for two sessions, and more than likely were going to purchase food & beverage for two sessions, got no compensation. The fans that originally planned on staying for one session only, got a two for one out of the deal. When two friends and I disputed this with a member at the ticket office, they called Security on us and threatened to throw us out. I could understand if we were being belligerent and raising hell, but we were very diplomatic about it. Trust me...I work Guest Services in a resort, I deal with arrogant and obnoxious s.o.b.'s all of the time, and I know firsthand that's not how you accomplish anything.

So, I'll be at Tomah again this year. It kills me to give them my money, but I can't find this big of a variety of pullers too many other places. If it pulls a sled, I love it. So Tomah is where I'll be. Just hoping to stay clear of the bull-headed security team...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,917, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,016.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM