Dry block heating February 18, 2016 11:36AM
How are dry block tractors warmed up before starting? Do people stick one of those 110v tank heater pads on the bottom of oil pan? Thanks for any input

Re: Dry block heating February 18, 2016 11:44AM
I think I just answered myself, found some internal pan heaters that should work.

Re: Dry block heating February 18, 2016 12:08PM
300 watts work good. I had a 1000watt and it would burn the oil. Then went to the stick on heaters.

Re: Dry block heating February 18, 2016 12:31PM
I guess I'm wondering. What's the difference weather wet or dry? Or are you just doing this for winter pulling? I'm in the the works of putting dry together. I've heard other people talking about this and don't understand why. I figured it's already going to be hotter. Not trying to be dumb just am.

Re: Dry block heating February 18, 2016 12:43PM
It is easier to start tractor if it has some warmth in it. Especially on the cooler nights.

Re: Dry block heating February 18, 2016 06:58PM
We use a stick on Moroso oil pan heater from Jegs or Summit and stick a heat gun in the rear freeze plug hole on a big block Deere. The heat gun is from my local Napa store and is a Balkamp brand. After about two hours it will crank with no ether.It is a pro- stock. Hope this helps!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009