What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 02, 2016 12:56PM
I see lots of tractors that have had this done. I was curious what it helps or its benefits are.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 02, 2016 01:34PM
Tractor drives straight!

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 02, 2016 01:43PM
It allows each wheel to turn separate from the other allowing it to drive straight and be controlled by the brakes. I have been on the wrong side of this and it's not fun. Kind of has a mind of its own.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 02, 2016 07:19PM
And spider gears and shafts will gaul up[transfer metal] if 1 wheel spins out.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 02, 2016 11:28PM
I've seen before and after of tractors that had been needled and it was night and day. Before we thought the guy couldn't drive. After it went straight without even trying basically. I would recommend it for anything that goes over 20 mph.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 03, 2016 01:40AM
Took mine from a tractor that always wanted to go left to one that goes straight. Also rolls around the shop easier. My differential was galled pretty bad when I did it.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 04, 2016 02:50PM
I just took a differential carrier out of a Hot Rod tractor,, You could NOT roll it around a corner because the pinions were galled to the shaft. This made the tractor uncontrollable to drive, Brakes would NOT steer the tractor at all, If you applied a brake to steer it would just pull the engine down.. Very dangerous ..to say the least.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 06, 2016 07:57AM
Just do it. You won't believe the difference.

Re: What do you really gain by needle bearing a differential? March 05, 2016 08:43PM
I destroyed my front end a few times before I finally needled my diff. and yes the pinion gears were trying to weld them selves to the shaft......

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009