Different cut 1 3/4 input splines March 12, 2016 09:19AM
Do some of the suppliers use different 1 3/4 27 count spline cuts that wouldn't allow one machinist disk hub to fit another's input shaft?
Are Rursch ,Atlas and Kennys all interchangable?
Thanks
Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 09:24AM by 686jeff.

Re: Different cut 1 3/4 input splines March 12, 2016 12:33PM
one would think that they would all follow one standard? ask each one?

Re: Different cut 1 3/4 input splines March 12, 2016 12:59PM
These 1 3/4 -27 splines are actually 16/32 dp involute splines. I machine these on the shafts for the 3 speed transmissions we sell and also on the clutch shafts. We use a coupler to couple the 1 3/4 spline on the front of the top shaft to the rear splines on the clutch shaft. I buy this coupler since I don't have the broach to cut the internal splines in the couplers. I use the coupler as a gauge to size the splines that I cut on the shafts but I usually have to make the splines on the clutch end of the shaft just a little smaller or the clutch disks will not fit on the shaft. Also we had an Oliver that had 1 3/4" -27 splines on the clutch shaft from the factory. Crower clutch disks fit on this shaft very tight and we had to work them back and forth for quite a while before they would slide freely. So I don't know why but the clutch disks seem to have splines that are on the tight side and if you want them slide good, it seems you need to make the clutch shaft splines a little small.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009