Keystone pro stock finals March 20, 2016 02:46PM
Awesome 10,000 pro stock class at keystone again this year. Tuff break for the case that drove it into the sand pile and would have won it but was dq'd for his side shield falling off. Can any one explain why the jd that won wasn't dq'd for safety. Everyone watched his crew guy spraying starting fluid in the intake while the driver was trying to build boost. Isn't that a safety concern standing in front of the rear tire on the right side and no crew members on the track while the green flag is out. Why would they not dq him?

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 07:34AM
Gotta remember its a Danny Forrester show! probably allowed in ittpa.

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 07:48AM
And it was a Mac tractor on the Mac track

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 08:16AM
The guy spraying ether while building some boost happens pretty often at most indoor pulls. Some setups really don't like the cold weather and they can go through can after can of starting fluid until they build enough heat. The quickest way to build heat is to build boost and some flagmen let it go longer than others. I've seen the same thing happen at Lousiville and Gordyville and I've never seen a DQ. As long as the crewman in standing on the non-smoketube side it isn't really much of an issue. I've actually seen the flagmen let the ether be misted right until the tires start to spin (which wasn't the case in Keystone). I didn't see anything wrong with how it was handled at Keystone in the Pro Stock finals and there was plenty of time to step out of the way or to throw a red flag if anything went wrong.

It was a shame for Hoyt's. They had an awesome pass and it was one of the most impressive runs of the weekend. Hopefully they'll find a way to secure those side sheilds a little better because it wasn't just an issue on the right side (right side came off at 175-200 ft) because the left side fell off at the end of the run as well. Congratulations to them on getting the tractor fixed and for making a monster run that would have won the class... just get those side shield on a little better so it never cost you the win again. I think it should be noted that if anyone is looking for a diesel Case expert, it sure seems like Hoyt's have it figured out because I can't think of a diesel powered Case that runs any better than the Nut Case tractor.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 11:41AM
Are sure Karl Kahn doesn't help them with it?

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 12:58PM
I felt bad for Ryan getting dqd. He laid down an awesome pass after spending the morning putting a new head on after some breakage Friday night.

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 01:24PM
foreverred
Are sure Karl Kahn doesn't help them with it?

Whatever combination of people and parts they have... it's definitely working.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Keystone pro stock finals March 21, 2016 01:17PM
I agree, I've seen this done many times at Louisville. Just a fact of winter pulling, it's a little cooler and that's the only way to get some of them down the track.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard