Hypermax. 00 Cam March 29, 2016 01:31PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this camshaft ?

I have it in my tractor IH ....466 engine . Small lifter flat tappet . Hyper sold this cam to me ..seems ok but I don't have much experience with cams. Trial by error is expensive and the season goes by quick. In tractor pulling hyper is a popular name .. So I went with the advise of what they said was the best cam.

466 cubes open rpm. Hyper00 cam gt42 hyper charger. Cam is degreed at 100,, hyper told me to degree it at 99/100. Not sure if this could be better.
I know there is a lot of variables... And this information is vague . Main problem I'm having is the tractor gets off the line good but goes under the charger at the end of the hook. The RPms have to stay high to stay on top of the charger.
Timing 38-40btdc ppump

Thanks for any help, getting ready to start new season

Re: Hypermax. 00 Cam March 29, 2016 02:22PM
We ran one for a few years it won't lug much so we ran timing as high as 48 with a p pump. drop a gear and let it eat.

Re: Hypermax. 00 Cam April 04, 2016 12:02PM
Doesn't sound like this cam is too popular,,, or common.

Thank you

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009