New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers March 31, 2016 03:11AM
Seems like there's a lot of drama going on with NPJ Pullers. Anyone have any insight? I know the new 4000 pound class has the 299 cube limit to keep the John Deere A's out. What about the Olivers?

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers March 31, 2016 01:57PM
that isn't a problem with a 283 oliver

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 01, 2016 02:56AM
This year we pulled a John Deere A that was very competitive in 4500 and 5500 it stirred up a lot of controversy. We aren't cheating at all. We have always abided by the rules but now we have this 4000 pound class with a 299 cube limit to keep the A's out. An Oliver with motor work is no different that a John Deere A with motor work. If you have an Oliver 77, a Farmall H and John Deere A, all with 50 horsepower, I will lay a $100 on it that the John Deere has less hp per cubic inch than the other two, and cost more to build. Why are we turning away these hooks? If you wanna compete, the sport is evolving and it is up to you to improve your tractor as time progresses. Just because someone has something that works good, doesn't mean we have to outlaw it. Maybe try improving your setup, or more motor improvements. Don't want to create conflict, but the days of getting your grandfather's tractor out of the barn, hooking it to the sled, and being competitive are about over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2016 07:11AM by localpuller.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 01, 2016 04:57AM
why don't you pullers just follow the national rules ,divison 1 ,2 ,3 ,4, n 5 covers about all

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 02, 2016 10:58AM
It's the same thing they did with the 9500 lbs hot stock class. They say no tractors come to the event and that's because they change the rules every year for there friends that help NEW PENN JERSEY (John Deere boys). Only two pulls this year!

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 02, 2016 01:13PM
They do change the rules every year it seems. There used to be those two allis chalmers 190s that would come out to the pulls. Then NewPenn takes the 6500lb hot stock and breaks it up into 6500tubro and 6500 non-turbo becuase the non-turbo tracotrs couldn't keep up with the turbo tractors. Take out a pen, sign the check and make your tractor run stronger but no lets just split up the class.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 05, 2016 07:17AM
It's not even the John Deere guys though, we are the ones being cut out if anything. The Olivers were competitive for years in 4500 and then a cyclone A started pulling in the class in the late 2000's and everyone got upset. Now theres another class yet. We pulled up at mid atlantic super pull and it was great. The rules are good and work, everyone gets along, and there was no controversy. It was honestly the best pull I've ever been at.Those guys from up north and central pa know how to run a pull.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 05, 2016 09:36AM
I Penn Jersey never liked the Northern Pa. heavy Deere's. They were invited to pull and when they showed up wouldn't allow them to pull.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 10, 2016 02:25PM
funny words coming from a guy whose rule abiding A is stroked.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 10, 2016 02:33PM
I don't have a big motor like most may think. And even if a tractor is stroked, it's not visual. I'm being decent about this, and now you're the one who is calling names and acting childish. Everyone else on here has been decent. And so what. I'm 15, just because I do good pulling, does that make me a criminal. What do you pull? I'm not afraid of everyone knowing who I am, why don't you tell us who you are @puller6969

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2016 02:35PM by localpuller.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 11, 2016 02:11AM
Ford man.
I have been with npjpullers for about 6 years and I can't remember a John deere pulling in the 9500 pound hot stock. The rules for 9500 hot stock were written by ptpa pullers and the rules never changed in my 6 years. I do know that in the last 4 years we were lucky to get 2 tractors for the class.
Orange fan. 6500 hundred pound turbo is a class that I really hoped would take of but after a few years we had 2 190xt and a n/a 4010, this again doesn't make a class.
Localpuller (JM)
The 4000 class was not made because of you. This was a compromise there were people that wanted the John deere a out of 4500. So we added the 4000 to give them a class where the a's could not run. Npjpullers has opened up the 4500 so if it's 65 horse and has 13.6x38 tires come on out and beat the John deere a's.
I would also like to add that new Penn jersey holds a rules meeting in November of every year. We post this on are Web site. Npjpullers.com. so to all you keyboard experts come on out we listen to everybody.
Zachary H Fulmer
Vp new Penn jersey pullers

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 11, 2016 02:16AM
Sorry Zach,
I just got the vibe that a lot of people are ticked at me and that's why they did it. Didn't start this to have a fight, I started it to get an explanation, like you provided. But do you see where I'm coming from with my post

"An Oliver with motor work is no different that a John Deere A with motor work. If you have an Oliver 77, a Farmall H and John Deere A, all with 50 horsepower, I will lay a $100 on it that the John Deere has less hp per cubic inch than the other two, and cost more to build. Why are we turning away these hooks?"

It's all up to the driver as to how competitive their vehicle is. I'd like to see the classes opened up like they are up north and central PA. Run the same rules as the 3 mph class at mid atlantic, but with a pace tractor. Just my opinion, not trying to tick anyone off.

In all reality, I think the matter of competition should be settled on the track. Lorahs is coming up on May 7, that'd be the perfect place. Bring em out and run em there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 02:23AM by localpuller.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 11, 2016 03:07AM
I noticed only one guy has the rocks to put his name on his post sorry now two gotta love keyboard pullers

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 11, 2016 03:16AM
On a bit different note Mark, one of these days I wanna run against your A in 4500 just for comparison. Is there anywhere we could do that?

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers April 11, 2016 11:10AM
Lorah's is a good place to do that. I liked pulling there when we used to pull.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers May 10, 2016 11:23AM
Why won't Penn Jersey let 4020s pull in 7500 ?

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers May 13, 2016 06:35AM
Horsepower rating is too high

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers May 15, 2016 01:01AM
Put 4010 stickers on it. Those 4010's are punched out way over 4010 rated hp. (rated hp. is a joke). I know they let them pull. Maybe you need a permit from them.

Re: New Penn Jersey Tractor Pullers May 15, 2016 02:36AM
Not into that whole cheating numbers thing for a couple bucks and a 2.50$ trophy really? Use to go to alot of pulls shook my head laughed said really? Always wondered why they don't run a 7500 enchaned class? Maybe ther would be less cheating and more competing! But if your not cheatin your not competing! Central Jersey central PA and NY state figured it out! Would go to more of ther pulls but not for 1 hook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009