How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 05, 2016 09:57AM
There has been a lot of talk on the HP situations in some [most] of the tractor classes in pulling. Do we need billet blocks, do we need to start restricting turbo sizes, cubic inch limits. It seems like the basic rules in most tractor classes have not been changed in several years. That got me to wondering just when where most of the tractor class rules written and did the rule writers anticipate the HP that we are now seeing in the tractor classes?

So here is my question: what did a LSS make for HP in 2005 compared with the HP we saw in the LSS class in 2015? Same with the Pro Stocks, Diesel Supers, Open/Unlimited Supers and Super Farm tractors. How much of a increase in HP has each class gained in just 10 short years?

Have the rules evolved to match the increase in HP?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2016 10:00AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 05, 2016 01:21PM
The light SS where around 2200 and now I would guess over 3000 I bet since 10 years all the other classes are more than 1000 horse more now. And the super farm went from 900 to maybe 1300 or 1400

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 05, 2016 01:53PM
I don't no about them classes but the llss class has went from running a 30 to 1 gear to running a 20 to 1 now .The tractor I pulled the first year we started the llss Class the Rooster cruiser 570 cockshutt it was the old Fowl play SS tractor of Burl Rigsby that Eddie Kerr pulled it placed high at the farm show as a ss And won the llss points back then but the same tractor couldn't get a sniff now

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 07, 2016 10:13AM
I think you a way off on your horse power, I don't think the light ss is close to that much. every body likes top tell these great big numbers but I don't think any of these have made that big a increase. I heard some body say that the big alky are now making over 5000 hp, I don't believe that. if they where why not run 4 in a mod or 1 in a twd

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 07, 2016 01:29PM
The reason they don't run 4 in a mod weight. Twd has more to do with drivability. I know of one light super that was put on a dyno and was putting out around 3500 h.p.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 07, 2016 03:02PM
The top tier big alkys are closer to 6K than 5K. I've seen the dyno sheets and know the man that builds them.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 07, 2016 03:28PM
Highly doubt that buddy

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 07, 2016 11:46PM
Just because your keyboard and hot farm with a rotary pump isn't making it doesn't mean others aren't. Some of these people know what they're talking about so try to offer something more productive than saying you don't believe it just because you don't want to.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 08, 2016 01:51PM
I can vouch that in sso if you aren't near or over 5000 you aren't close to those 903's

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 08, 2016 09:39AM
10 years ago rotary pump tractor didn't put out that much now they can make 800plus hp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2016 11:21PM by mamasmoney1466.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 08, 2016 12:39AM
look at the numbers twin turbo drag cars are making on 50lbs of boost so yes I would say these alkys are making well over 3000hp

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 08, 2016 02:26PM
Dick Morgan

Have the rules evolved to match the increase in HP?

Dick, that's a good question and I could say a lot after being in the seat of a lss for 22+ years, but I better not.

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 09, 2016 12:54AM
I can only say what I know about mini-rods. we are getting as much power from 6-71 small blocks now , as a big block put out 20 years ago. The technology has come a long way! Plus we will hook it 35 times a year with no major issues!

Re: How much of an increase in HP have tractors made in 10 years. April 09, 2016 02:17PM
Stacy
I can only say what I know about mini-rods. we are getting as much power from 6-71 small blocks now , as a big block put out 20 years ago. The technology has come a long way! Plus we will hook it 35 times a year with no major issues!

Stacy, and you are still pulling close to the same weight as you did 20 years ago aren't you?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,855, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,980.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro