LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 08, 2016 04:42AM
Looks like a strong line-up for 2016!Thumbs Up

[www.ntpapull.com]

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 08, 2016 10:20AM
LS fan
Looks like a strong line-up for 2016!Thumbs Up

[www.ntpapull.com]

Kind of surprised to not see Larry and Brandon on the list, but I can't say that I blame them.

Also interesting to note that out of ten tractors, the Blackbourns have a hand in five of them (I'm assuming that Spiegelberg's tractor is Blackbourn-powered).

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 08, 2016 11:13AM
Where are the Fords from Wisconsin, 8 hooks doesn't give you much chance to makeup for 1 bad hook

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 03:56AM
If you don't like Mike and Brian, build whatever color you think is best and go beat them, if this were a crying contest you would have it won easily, sure they have spent a lot of money but they do know what they are doing and are a well rounded team, so if you can't handle watching them either don't go or take a box of tissues to dry your eyes and maybe someone to hold your hand and console you.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 07:40AM
Billet blocks will do nothing for the lss class You have to RUN first bb when have you add back to back runs an everything be right as long as I've seen you pull you haven't won a hook in years but complain for billet blocks why? If you can make a 426 with 4 chargers an 250-300 pounds of boost stay together without a billet block you can do it to.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 12, 2016 06:27AM
John, i see Adem spiegelbergs name on the list but (scott spiegelberg) claims they are not building ??

Surprised to see Barbee April 08, 2016 03:31PM
I was surprised to see Barbee on the list. If memory serves me right isn't he the one complaining he needs a billet block? He doesn't have the time to wrench, time to change pistons, Ford block isn't strong enough, etc? Just an observation. If Shrameks can make a 426 last I wonder what his issue is? Hootmans, Lynn, Peissig, Wilhite, those guys lived with their choice of motor program and blue was the color to beat for a while. Anyways........ I digress

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 08, 2016 11:13PM
Why commit when you prolly already know who the winner is? Before the pull even starts. Deep pockets gets you a long way. In Every way.

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 12:36AM
There is a great way to grow the sport. Is that what you would do if you owned a LSS? Leave it in the shop because you thought you couldn't beat the top two tractors? No wonder our country is headed the way it is.

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 12:44AM
It's nice to see some new names on the pre-commit, will be fun to see how they do.

I agree with the deep pockets statement. How exciting it will be (yawn) to see a third tractor from the same stable...........but maybe that team will surprise us with a different colored entry? That would make it a little more interesting, lol!!

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 01:12AM
"How exciting it will be (yawn) to see a third tractor from the same stable...........but maybe that team will surprise us with a different colored entry? That would make it a little more interesting, lol!!"

Yeah, especially if it happens to have a blue engine despite what the sheet metal may be. I believe Terry and Josh know how to make any engine perform.

Huge snow flakes coming down right now. What yechhing April weather! Keep building those new tractors, tuning up the old one and get well soon Esdon.
Pulling season will be here before we know it. Might still be planting crops, with as wet as it is right now, when pulling season arrives.

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 02:01AM
Just about the same imagination as Larry Roberts had,,,,they all look the same... armed and [fill in the blank]. How exciting ,,,

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 03:18AM
Thats my point they all run the same and its the same two that win every time. Same with the unlimited supers be nice if there was some diesels in that class but everone seems to wanna take the easy way out. Build a alcohol solves all problems.

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 03:59AM
I don't think that's the attitude to have. No I'm not a puller but I do watch a lot and try to learn as much as I can.. What I notice is that a lot of tractors don't run consistently. It doesn't take big money to have a consistent running tractor.. Another thing I notice is that some tractors always seem to be on the same chassis..I would think that after awhile a chassis wont perform that good. And one last thing Ive noticed is that placement of sled on track, tractor setup, and how the driver drives that tractor are key things to having a successful pass..Im not trying to start anything its just something that ive noticed

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 02:02AM
Maybe... I have a Block and I'm going to put it in anyway and just keep my hood buttoned up like others do! Who is gonna check, the same guys checking for electronics?

BB

Re: Surprised to see Barbee April 09, 2016 02:15AM
those clowns couldn't find an elephant in a tent, not for certain pullers. everybody knows that more than one class has this problem. they are never going to look for it, they don't dare find it,,, will make there pullers and sport look bad.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 02:41AM
Maybe times to come to a outlaw show different color not all money.I'm ready for some black smoke.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 03:19AM
Thats my point they all run the same and its the same two that win every time. Same with the unlimited supers be nice if there was some diesels in that class but everone seems to wanna take the easy way out. Build a alcohol solves all problems.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 04:58AM
BB
Have you ever been an official? It's not an easy job. If I walked up to you and your tractor and asked for your ignition box so I cou inspect would you remove it and let me?Or if I wanted to see how the wheel speed sensors were tied into your data logger and possibly the ignition or fuel system? Would you allow this without protest money in my hand. About the only thing an official can look for is a USB port on the ignition box. I don't know for sure but I ass ntpa has protest rules in place similar to PPL. Try that route if you really want to know

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 06:05AM
CH - You are right if you are anyone except a tech official. However, a tech official can look at whatever he/she needs to in order to satisfy any concerns he/she may have regarding rule compliance. If the competitor refuses, the competitor can be disqualified.

Currently the tech inspectors tend to focus on compliance to safety items, but I think most wish the inspection of items related to performance were subjected to more scrutiny.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 06:20AM
I know that we're talking about traction control devices, how ever I wonder when, if ever a tractor was checked for cubic inches. Is 680 really 740, is 505 really 600 , 540 really whatever. Are we getting tunnel vision when it comes to rule infractions?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2016 10:33AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 03:16PM
Dick Morgan
I know that we're talking about traction control devices, how ever I wonder when, if ever a tractor was checked for cubic inches. Is 680 really 740, is 505 really 600 , 540 really whatever. Are we getting tunnel vision when it comes to rule infractions?

Again you bring up a good question. On a state level(Illinois) I can tell you that the cubes have been checked when someone protests. On the national level, I don't know. Though as a puller I can see that there is tunnel vision and has been for quite some time because it's all about the show and not about the honest puller that wants to follow the rules.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 06:29AM
CH,

I have my ignition system which is an MSD 44 Mag and points box and coil all mounted in plain sight for ease of maintenance but also because I have nothing to hide. In past if anyone wanted to look at anything on my rig they were more than welcome, that may change. What's good for one is good for all! What is being looked for is very simple to find, anything electronic controlling any function of the vehicle, ie wastegates ,timing modules, even solenoids turning on stages of fuel based off computer inputs is not legal. The Davis system could be more difficult but it still has to interface with the ignition. There are systems available now to electronically control a wastegate for under $1000. checkout ProLine Racing Engines web site, they have a controller you can set for boost level, and it can activate the wastegate on time, distance or even rpm. You program it how you want it. So lets say for the first 75 feet the tractor progresses I want 70lbs of boost and then I want 100lbs until say 290ft were I want it to drop to say 85lbs, a guy could figure out with this $1000 unit how to be dang competitive given time and runs. Now here's where I knock your hat in the river, If this stuff is not going to be Policed by the Associations, heck with it LETS RUN IT! Make it all legal and lets get it on! Rules just keep the Honest Guys legal. Especially here going forward the development over the next 5 years in this type stuff will amaze us all.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 07:45AM
My statement was miss placed on the above. But Billet blocks will do nothing for the lss class You have to run first bb. when have you had back to back runs an everything be in one piece? as long as I've seen you pull you haven't won a hook in years but complain for billet blocks why? If the orange ones can make a 426 with 4 chargers an 250-300 pounds of boost stay together without a billet block you can do it to.

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 08:54AM
Give the Fords a block and Your Red ones wont stand out as they do now! You have an advantage and your selfishness wants it to stay that way!

Blue

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 09, 2016 01:54PM
If billet blocks were allowed, but you still had to maintain original bore spacing and head stud locations. How big of a bore could you safely achieve with the Ford spacing and still have good strength? Could you get 4.750? If not you would still be limited to valve sizing and port sizing to make enough to run with the red ones and would still be a less desirable setup.

why April 10, 2016 03:32AM
why is it when the Fords were winning it was ok now they are not and they need a billet block?

Eric has it right April 10, 2016 04:09AM
When the Fords were dominating there were no issues. Look, dollar for dollar not many pullers going to keep up with the red ones from Wisconsin. Whether it's a 426, DT or JD 466, Ford, 8.3 Cummins we have all made our choices. I have seen some guys make Hercules motors run and run hard. You made your motor program choice, live with it!

Re: why April 14, 2016 01:35AM
Smuggler, Did you only hook 2 times last season? I scanned the ESP results as well as NYTPA results and couldn't find you listed anywhere. 2 at BG was all I could find GN

Re: why April 14, 2016 04:15AM
His billet block blew up

Re: why April 14, 2016 11:52AM
My input shaft is bigger than yours.

Re: why April 15, 2016 02:09AM
I wrecked a block last year In London Ohio. So it took a bit to get it back together and no still don't need a billet block.

Re: why April 16, 2016 12:58PM
What is your best finish in GN LtSS. I don't think your tractor would compete with LtLSS. Smuggler

hey well? April 16, 2016 03:04PM
Well
What is your best finish in GN LtSS. I don't think your tractor would compete with LtLSS. Smuggler

What is an LtLSS?

Re: hey well? April 16, 2016 03:34PM
Light limited super stock.

Re: hey well? April 16, 2016 04:31PM
Think
Light limited super stock.

Ah ok, that makes sense but I don't think I have ever seen the Light limited super class abbreviated that way. I have always seen it as LLSS.

Re: why April 17, 2016 12:07AM
I do not think your brain would could compete with a fool

Re: why April 17, 2016 08:16AM
He's bashing BB. Stormy twice the tractor Struggler is. I've never saw him run strong. Maybe he needs to step up his game like the other guys.

Re: why April 17, 2016 12:12PM
To Well if you would like to put your on here we will chat ? Hope your well Eric

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 17, 2016 06:19AM
I see that Jason Hootman is pre committed to ntpa but not PPL. Wonder if that's his plan this summer. I believe there is 5 less hooks with ntpa. Anyone can confirm this?

Re: LS NTPA Pre-Commitment list April 17, 2016 07:33AM
It's also about 5 less trips than PPL. Too many single hooks for the lights in PPL to travel from NY. 26 hours to Missouri for one hook?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro