diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 09, 2016 08:40AM
watching the ppl diesel super trucks on youtube and almost all of them sound like they are bouncing off a governor or it has something to do with fuel and cam timing not sure but seems like mid throttle they encounter that butyou really never hear that out of a tractor, why is that? i would assume they are both built similar but i could be wrong, im just a fan and was wondering what caused that sexy spool up

Re: diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 10, 2016 06:15AM
No they are trying to hook there trucks up they are on an off the throttle in those trucks with small tires its harder to hook up on the tractors the tires are so large they hook up better but the tractor guys still have to drive them out of the hole. switch one of those little cummins into a tractor chassis an they wouldn't be close to the field. switch the tractor engine into a truck chassis an it would more then likely blow most of the drive train out so much more tq an hp on the tractors

Re: diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 10, 2016 07:18AM
Lafayette tn pull last Saturday? I thought it was a KTPA pull

Re: diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 10, 2016 09:47AM
depends on who's dyno you use could be real numbers like 2700-2800 hp an they have no comparable tq to the tractors add another 1000 hp on that little cummins an make about 5500+ tq an see where they pair up these cummins guys need to drop one in a 8000 pound 30.5 tire chassis an see what happens

Re: diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 10, 2016 07:19AM
They do have quite a bit of trouble getting them hooked up. One of those little pickup engines just recently put down a little over 3200hp on an engine dyno.

Re: diesel supers: trucks vs tractors May 11, 2016 01:02AM
Would love to see one of those 'little' Cummins with triple turbos, as employed in the SSD4x4, in a LSS tractor. It is amazing the performance those guys obtain from that engine. I really had my eyes opened three years ago when I had a really good look at Atley's and Haisley's trucks with the hoods open at Monroe MI. Plus what they do to build a totally custom built chassis. Lot of technology. FWD class sure has evolved immensly since its founding in '76.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009