Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 05:02AM
I was wondering what is the most recognized tractor/truck name in the sport today? I have some in mind and I’m wondering who you would put on a list of 5 trucks or tractors that if you mentioned the name of the vehicle everyone would know whom you are talking about.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2009 05:03AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 05:47AM
easy, Red Line Fever

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 05:50AM
First off, not really a tractor name, but, Banter would easily be on the list. Others would be:
4 Play--Holman's
Wild Child--Bob Jostock
Rooster--Danny Dean
Mission Impossible--Tim Engler
Red Line Fever--Esdon Lehn
There are more that should evoke the sport of truck and tractor pulling, but you said five.
JW

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 06:10AM
#1 The Silver Bullet, then maybe Footloose and then Shotgun Red or maybe Rooster

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 06:37AM
Fuelish Pleasure, T-Bone, New Generation Plus....are all tractors that everybody knows, from the older generations to the younger generations.....you know these tractors when the driver/owner or the names are mentioned.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 07:18AM
The Boyds with the Greenstreak tractors
Homan Bros with 4 Play
Don Slama with Fast and Furious
Hans Boxler with the Special
Bill Vories with American Thunder

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 07:57AM
Stray Horse

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 08:08AM
here is my list of 5 most notable red line fever 4 play green monster iron dragon slow ride

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 08:14AM
This is a good topic but I think everyone's answers will depend on whether they have only been exposed to only local & state competition, regional, or grand national level competitors. For myself, up until early 2000, I had never been to anything beyond a county and the IL state fair. With that being said, the names that stuck out to me were "Black Savage" from the D&R stable in Hoyleton and then also "Gang Green" from Tantrum Enterprises out of Tuscola. I remember as a kid being in the pits of the IL State Fair (early/mid 80s) and the guys would pull and as soon as they could leave they would. They always talked about going to Bowling Green and I had no idea whatsoever they were talking about. Once exposed to it, wholely mackrel, now I know many more. I made it to Henry for the first time in 2001 and was opened to a whole new world of truck and tractor pulling. Since then, I have gotten a couple city slicker co-workers to go with me, got them hooked; now got my wife wanting to plan a family weekend at Henry. She thinks the Joker is a stud tractor and is in love with the new paint job.

I have enjoyed everyone's responses so far, but I really think it has a lot to do with what you are exposed to.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 08:37AM
world famous johnny kutz with the diggin deere

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 10:31AM
Red Line Fever
Silver Bullet
4-Play
Dirtslinger
and of course
American Thunder

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 12:04PM
the general , sassy massy, silver bullet, red line fever, 4play

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 12:59PM
bad medicine. revolutionized the alky burner. mission impossible. tinker toy. redline fever. work horse

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 01:33PM
We can't forget the ever populaur "Snaky Snake"

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 01:56PM
I'm surprised no one has said Carl Smith and Night Moves

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 02:14PM
If Carl was still pulling today Night Moves would have definitely made my list.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 02:12PM
Those are all great names, but I think my father was asking (based on the title of his post) for the most recognized names of today. This means the names that people in any pulling state and any pulling club have heard of. There are some great historic names, but who pulling today is the most recognizable.

My Top 5:

• Silver Bullet – hands down winner, nothing else needs to be said, everyone knows the team and the tractor. It doesn’t matter what level of pulling you go to… you can go to just about any pull and people know the Bullet tractor, I’ve been to stock pulls and garden tractor pull and I’ve seen a fair share of Silver Bullet tee-shirts in the pits and the stands.

• The rest of the top 5 in no particular order:
  • Green Streak – the face of the defunct ATPA, the face of PPL, and a team that quickly raised the bar in the Pro Stock class.

• Redline Fever – an NTPA legend, nobody needs to ask who Esdon is or what he drives. Esdon’s stuck with the same 86 series tin for a few decades now and is easily the most recognizable Diesel Super

• 4 Play – another legendary NTPA team, when I think of a Fwd truck, I think of the red Steve Schmidt powered 4 Play Chevrolet.

• The General – Though last season was the last season for Gardner in the seat, the tractor is For Sale and there is no more recognized mod in all of pulling than the 4 turbine powered General. Somebody could own a legendary tractor.

• I know some people have suggested other names, but these are my top five. You mention any of these names and you can picture the vehicle and the class.

My honorable mention goes to American Thunder. It has dominated the mod class recently, but Bill V. is more of a legend than the tractor. More people probably know Bill’s name than his tractor’s name. The main reason more people know Bill’s name than his tractor’s name is the change from Orient Express to American Thunder.

When I think of the SF, TWD, and Mini Mod classes there are a handful of names, but no clear winners that are the face of the class, or the face of the sport.

Jake Morgan
    Owner, PULLOFF.COM
    Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 02:57PM
    Well of the 3 classes you mention Jake, Tony Sietsma's Wolverine Deere Super Farm, Ricky Long's Willie Makit 2WD and Denny Horst's Red Fox Mini are the ones that come to my mind immediately. Very well known names in their classes over the years.

J R
    Eastern Extreme Pulling
    www.easternextremepulling.com
    EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
    Hook Magazine

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 03:00PM
    Ken veney hands down

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 01, 2009 03:29PM
    young blood, upnatom, wampuscat, buckeye bulldog, prohibbed

MY PICKS ALL 12 NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED DIVISIONS June 02, 2009 01:11AM
    Mods- Ken Veney- Funny Farmall
    Unlimited- Bill Voreis- American Thunder
    Semis- JR. Collins- Buckeye Bulldog
    Pro-Stocks- Larry Shope- Iron Dragon
    Mini- Koesters- Footloose and Double Play
    FWD- Scott Phillips- Yankee Blue
    TWD- Chuck Knapp- 80 Acres
    DSS- Brian Shramek- Young Blood
    Open SS- Jordan Lustik- Silver Bullet
    SF- Palmer's- Country Classic
    SMFWD- O'dell/Lucas- Fantasy
    LSS- Mark Peissig- The Bomb

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 03:10AM
    Linder Bros.
    Tim Engler/ mission impossible
    Esdon Lehn
    Lyle Hull
    Holman bros.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 04:34AM
    Here's my useless 2 cents for this topic, try to keep it to current pullers even though most of the truly well known have since retired.

1. Jordan Lustic---Silver Bullet
    2. Dan Walsh---Irish Challenger
    3. L.D. Nation----Double Down
    4. Randy Petro---Kathy's Complaint, Multi Chaos
    5. Joe Eder-----what ever he is driving now

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 11:03AM
    Forgot Bruce Hutcherson Makin Bacon Special

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 11:47AM
    4 Play-Holman's. Three Bears-Scott Smith, Mean Green-Glenn Davis, Oklahoman and Black Gold- Ken and Paula Guine for 4x4.

Midnight Express-Ken Lamont, The Driller-Leo Kay. Stiches-Jim Lyons, Florida Cracker-Chris Holdorff, Bad Dawg-Mike Stowe 2WD.

Mission Impossable-Tim Engler, Mean Mistreater-Fred Freeman, The Banner Brothers, Makin' Bacon-Bruce Hutcherson, General-Gardner Stone mod tractor.

Oklahoma Showdown 4x4
    Tennesseean 4x4
    Virginian 4x4
    Misterbrau Blazin Bisson mod@ Golden Ox 4x4.
    Orange Blossom Special 2wd.
    Dirt Slinger mod
    Irish Challenger mod @ 2wd
    Inlaws @ Outlaws 2wd's
    Art Arfons Green monster.
    Gene Fannie, Gone AWOL
    and on and on and on....................................................................................................................................................................................

What great memories!

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 11:51AM
    Still active top 5 names for recognition in my opinion...

Silver Bullet
    Red Line Fever
    Irish Challenger
    Green Streak I & II
    American Thunder

CPR

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 02, 2009 12:41PM
    Yea I guess I didn't realy name alot of active names which is wat the question realy was.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 03, 2009 04:50AM
    Going by what the people at the Pulls know over here:

The General - hands down - and then a BIG gap of nothing.
    Then the Silver Bullet and probably Red Line Fever

The Name Green Monster would probably be mentioned all over the world - even though people would have different tractors in mind Winking

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 03, 2009 06:33AM
    I would have to say my most recognized list would be:

4WD- Who else but the 3 BEARS pulling team. No other 4WD has been around longer. Hailing from a hot bed of 4WD pulling, Winchester, VA which at one time had like half the class from there........Omps x 2, 3 Bears, Bob Minnick, Hylton Clark, Diehl Wilson, etc.

2WD- I would say the YELLOW MODEL T of Wayne Rausch. Now owned by Raplh Hunt from Ohio. Was the first bucket T and boy did that change the class forever. Before that the class had all kinds of variety.....funny cars, c cabs, mini vans, etc. Now they are all mostly buckets or pickups.

MOD- No doubt would be the four star GENERAL. I remember seeing it for the first time at BG in 1989 and thinking when he gets it right it will be awesome. And he did, 5 NTPA Championships later, its kinda sad to see it retired.

SS- Another no brainer, the SILVER BULLET. A class act everywhere team Lustik goes, either for competition or exhibition the Bullet always looks awesome.

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 03, 2009 07:46AM
    What about Jammie Morrow's Yes Deere Super Farm

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 03, 2009 10:10AM
    1- Big Toy
    2- Larrys Toy
    3- Ryans Toy
    4- Intimate Toy
    5- Double Toy

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 03, 2009 10:38AM
    I thought about them, but the trouble is that there are so many "Toys" now, it's not possible to say "Ultimate Toy" and have everyone in the room instantly know which one you mean.

CPR

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 10, 2009 03:02AM
    Kevin Lynn's 504 Rocket

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 10, 2009 11:57AM
    Steve Burge-Lock n Load
    Bill Miller-Crusin Mule
    Jerry VanDorpe-Sceamin Deamin
    Dennis&Brent Payne-Coulor of Money
    Mike Chizek-Armed n Dangerous

Can't forget Max Simpson & The Mean Ol Allis

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 10, 2009 01:34PM
    yeah, what about Rex Kuhn Git-R-Don / Larry Phillips Insanity / Danny Dean Rooster / Longs Willy Makit / Terry Blackburn Slow-Ride

Re: Eye PoppingMy Question--What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport todayConfused June 10, 2009 03:15PM
    Most of the responses to this thread aren't really answering the original question: What vehicle is the most recognized name in the sport today?

The following are my opinions on the tractor divisions (sorry I'm not much of a truck guy)

Light Super Stock - the most dominant tractor since the divisions resurection: the Bomb

Prostock - probably the cleanest overall operation in the division, the Green Streak

Diesel Superstock - the most legendary tractor in its division: Red Line Fever

Modifieds - again the most dominant tractor in its division: American Thunder

Alcohol Superstock - the most well known tractor on the planet: the Silver Bullet

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
    Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
    Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
    This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009