Cummins 6.7 odd noises May 25, 2016 08:05PM
Hey guys,

Looking for some knowledge about the bottom end of a 5.9/6.7 common rail, thought I'd try here with the amount of them in the pulling world.

I have a 6.7 Cummins in my '12 Ram that has a weird inconsistent ticking sound coming from the bottom end. The best way to describe it is it sounds like a typewriter. Truck has about 40k on it and I've noticed this noise since around 25k, I bought it new and it's had fresh air Winking since 2k miles . I'm familiar with the three piece thrust bearing that is used in them, there is quite a discussion on the Cummins Forum about it, otherwise there isn't much on the web about it. Have any of you ran into this thrust bearing separating/failing? Truck is an automatic so it isn't anything caused by clutching. I see that Clevite offers the thrust bearing in a one piece design like every other one I've seen. I just find it odd, all the 5.9/6.7's I've been around aren't like this one, the Cummins was my last concern going with the Ram. Any knowledge on this subject would be appreciated, not looking forward to rolling main bearings in such a young engine. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cummins 6.7 odd noises October 25, 2017 04:05PM
Hello

Re: Cummins 6.7 odd noises October 26, 2017 07:05PM
Go to one of the Cummins or Dodge diesel message boards , probly be able to help you more.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520