1206 timing May 29, 2016 03:24PM
Looking for advice on timing for a Farmall 1206 I'm going to be pulling Farm stock turbo classes I sent the pump out had some work done to it as well as installed a 3lm 466 Turbo I was told I need to advance the timing a little bit when I stick the pump on I was running at 10 degrees before I sent pump out just wanting some information on where I should set it at 1 it once I get the pump back any help would be greatly appreciated also I don't want to get too crazy with it as I still do little bit of farming with it not nothing drastic but still run discbine and some other things now and then

Re: 1206 timing May 30, 2016 03:17AM
put timing at spec, and make small adjustments from there if needed. When turning up a Roosa, the beginning of injection happens earlier anyway, but only when fully loaded.

Re: 1206 timing May 30, 2016 03:20AM
Thanks will do that and play on dyno some. Just wasn't sure where to start because was told that my pump was doing good just that the advance was a little slow

Re: 1206 timing May 30, 2016 12:45PM
The 361/407's don't like much advanced timing nothing like the 400 series motors. I'd have to look at mine on my pulling tractor to tell you what it is because I don't remember what I've got it at (I run a a-pump). Use to run a roosa and I believe we had it set close to stock setting and that was where it run the best.

Re: 1206 timing June 01, 2016 01:06PM
I'll second the stock setting. I too run an inline on a 407, it doesn't like over advanced timing, I think I took stock Roosamaster initial timing, then added the intravance, and set my inline accordingly.

Re: 1206 timing June 02, 2016 01:43AM
We run 46* on our p-pump but under complete different pulling set up. With your stock set up stock timing is all you'll need

Re: 1206 timing June 02, 2016 01:48AM
This is true when really turning one up. Now, on my Roosa 450 builds, I prefer to mark them for start of injection, and then tell you to install it around 40*. There's so many different ways shops build 450 pulling pumps, you'll have to ask them where to time it.

Re: 1206 timing June 01, 2016 03:53AM
Timing on a Roosa pump is checked at the end of the injection cycle, not the beginning like inline pumps. With that said I have found on Deere tractors that if you RETARD, not advance, the timing a couple of degrees you will find some power. I have ask some old JD mechanics, diesel pump guys about this and they all said that was normal, due to the way the timing is set. I know, sounds odd and goes against what is the norm, but the little Roosa pump is a little odd.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,678, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,893.

Our newest member JD_8520