1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 06:59AM
The 1086 which is our TMR tractor has just now starting to act up. You can shift into all for gears but when you try to go in reverse or park it will bog down am try to die. But you can drive foward but when you do it makes a slight ticking sound but moves foward as normal steering an other Hydraulic's are functioning as normal. My guess is a busted shift fork? Or maybe somehow got stuck in between two gears? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 07:29AM
Sounds to me like it is sticking in forward gear. Put it in neutral and see if it still wants to drive forward

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 08:48AM
Can't put it in neutral the only way is to manually with the 1-4 shift lever put just ahead or behind a gear otherwise she tries to keep moving foward. I have the floor plate out now I'm going to try to set it in neutral on the transmission deck cover.

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 09:46AM
The bolt to the range shifter on top of the deck cover was just about ready to fall out tightend it up after putting it in neutral an still the same problemConfused

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 10:46AM
Got reverse park an neutral back but when it moves a louder ticking comes from below the range cover I have the plate an seat out so I'm jist standing in there an I'm almost certain the noise is coming from there any of this ring a bell to anyone??

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 02:31PM
Sounds like your reverse idler/park gear has a tooth or two missing.

Re: 1086 shifting issues May 31, 2016 04:36PM
if u are doing this on a hill and your shifter is is in park then your parking brake needs to be adjusted if not sorry for the info goood luck anyways

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520