IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 11:06AM
I was looking for a price from Manufactures/vendors or someone who knows where to get an IH 525 drop in kit.

I saw wipeout and McCormick .,, they seem to be around 4300.00 . These were on the web.,, called McCormick diesel.

Are there any others out there that are less expensive.,, seems a little high... But I don't know what theses kits cost as
My dt466 kit was always roughly 1000.00 for everything . I'm trying to keep up with the competition.,, we have fallen off over the past few years.

Any replies would be welcomed,, thanks.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 12:38PM
I'm going to tell you spend your money else ware a good 466 will run with some 540s
Do all your home work again and recheck it make sure you got all your ducks in a row
Traction,timing enough fuel plenty of air flow of you still have to go more cubes start at 540
No less

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 01:00PM
I have
Dt466. 13mm ppump. Timing 40 D BTDC Injectors 4 hole .028 Single feed. Hyper 00 cam. Set 99-100 hyper gt42 3x3. Slotted cover 115 exhaust housing
Open rpm Old style Pistons cut 1/4" reliefs. Stock valves ., head cleaned up no polishing. Heavy hyper valve springs. Valves set at .015 exhaust intake
No water, found it hurt us . Do valves before every season, and check . No TA ,

Problem, goes under charger fairly quickly , doesn't seem to have the torque. Off the line ,, the best of the best

Any ideas ., help. My theory was 525 to help drive charger harder, a few more horses .,

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 02:14PM
cam is wrong use a smooth bore intake cover time for new injectors head work on the intake side only ur p-pump needs to be updated
can explain more leave a contact number

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 02:28PM
Well there's hundreds of hp to be gained on your setup before you need to worry about more cubic inch.
Try this,
Timing at 33-34
Fuel at 775cc
High psi water injection 40 oz per pass (10 sec)

The above numbers might sound a bit odd to you but just just try it.
water is an absolute must and it makes it all work

Updated fuel system and turbo will do the most to gain you power

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 03:17PM
I agree with dairyblend on timing, maybe try dual feed 5 hole .024 and nothing wrong with the p pump, water is a must

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 03:33PM
How much horse power will stock 466 rods hold

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 01:04AM
Dairy Blend has given you the best advice so far. You will need to update your injectors and add the high pressure water for sure. Lots of potential left in the 466, and you should be able to gain another 10-15 feet pretty easily. However if you are allowed some of the things I think you are a well prepared 525 or 540 will be more than a 466 can handle.

PS the engine kits you priced include forged pistons, good rings and retainers and high performance sleeves. Not the average everyday parts you get in an oem/aftermarket kit.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 04:32PM
lost cuase with out running high presure water the easyist way and by far the cheapest way is go to the dyno

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits May 31, 2016 11:17PM
Sorry guys,.

There is some interesting feed back, thanks. I guess what is alarming to me is that the class has no cubic inch limit and 3x4 charger you can run inter coolers .

There is a lot of 42 " tires.. I run 20.8x38 The ring and pinion is 706. 13/49. On clay we use 29/44 gear some times 31/42 if really sticky .
Here is what's weird, or what I take from this., sounds like our set up is outdated or from some ,,pretty ridiculous .. That it will even work .We pull against
IH 640 cubes,. Big Deere cubes 680 up all with inter coolers and big turbos some sluggeged . What's alarming is they have big money in them ,
I've seen harts chargers , hypermax stuff., aluminum oil pans with pumps belts., looks like sophisticated water systems ., guys running all night with ice in the front.
The long and short of it. There are 20-22 good tractors that show up . We are 7-10 out of 20-22. Usually get beat by 20-40 ' feet.
I would assume big cubes and fuel systems 20-30k charger5-6k inter cooler??? Water system 3-4K .
My theory was gain 15 feet to get top 5 ,, just confused why they spent so much and arnt putting 100plus feet on us .... With a poor set up 466. I might be a bit sick if that's
All I was capable of.. But maybe not. I'm not experienced enough to figure this out yet.
This is why I thought the 525 may put us up a bit more .,, rather than new pump, injectors, turbo water system ect. Or as I understand on some comments. It might be cheaper than 4300
I did try water spraying before turbo inlet., didn't seem to help.. As this is not proper way as I gather. We found to put flame out turn fuel screw in more to flood engine a bit .. Honestly Hyper has been a bit helpful with this set up,. The cam in my P Pump is outdated, as I understand , there parts are expensive a bit I think,

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 12:41AM
A good 466 will whip up on ALOT of big engines. People are pushing 1300+ horse out of them little things with a p pump and 3x3.
Don't get discouraged with the 466. Update that pump and charger. And yes get some water to it. Save the money on the 525 kit. I am sure on its best day a good 466 will out perform it.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 12:59AM
If you can run a cooler. DO IT!!!!!! Run 1-1/2 line get one from eBay that best fits your needs.
Then get a "rule" pump they flow really great weld 1-1/2 bungs in your inner cooler .
I run a similar set up on a 3000rpm tractor with a 3LM turbo and you would be shocked the difference
Running a706 R&p with 12%over direct double cuts and frying the tires on clay tracks.
If you want more help would be glad to talk just leave your #

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 02:54AM
Put an intercooler on it. We have used a lot of units from frozen boost. Weld 1.5" water inlets and run the rule pumps and you will see a huge difference on the engines ability to lug down.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 03:57AM
A cooler is a no brainer...I was told several years ago to pull that OO hyper cam out and find something else. It's designed to turn high rpms all the way down the track, and that isn't the case with a 3x3 tractor. Your injectors could be updated as well. It's like down in interstate country A 466 won't hang with a well equipped 510/525/540 set up in the Pro Farm class.

With some upgrades, I think you've got some possibilities.

Good luck!

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 07:26AM
Thanks,

I think I have some good advice .

Here is what I conclude I should do. It looks like the general concensis is inter cooler ., probably frozen boost has one... Not sure what size .. But maybe someone could help on this site with sizing... Water tank ect. I will also figure out a high pressure water system. Sounds like from conversations I've heard in the past ..
The water has to atamize in the crossover pipe.
I know there was a lot about updating injectors turbo and some on pump,, think I'm going to stay the same for now and add inter cooler and high pressure water to see how it works. Looks like I'm going to flush the 525 kit idea., sounds like everything I have for that kit isn't too compatible.
Would a 100hp gain be wishful thinking? I hope the inter cooler will help with torque.

Any more advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 08:29AM
With a intercooler you won't need the 40oz of water I suggested in my earlier post 20oz would be a good starting point. you might be more like 800cc of fuel. I'd still drop timing below 36 to start with

Also (if you don't already) your going to need hardened rods at minimum, steels sleves and billet Pistons might be unavoidable in the future

If your gt42 is a ball bearing turbo there is a number of used billet wheels out there that would gain you lots of power for very little cost.

[www.siliconeintakes.com]

^link to some reasonablely price intercoolers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 11:50AM by Dairy blend.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 09:11AM
Thanks dairy blend

Forgot to ask.,, will slotted cover turbo work with the inter cooler .

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 11:59AM
Yes, you gotta have your ducks in a row tho, slotted cover turbos will make more top end power BUT a 'smooth' or 'slick face' cover is more forgiving and will stay on top of it better.

I know there is lots of used harts 6 blade and 7 blade billet compressor wheels out there for sale.

I myself have a 6 blade (hot farm wheel) that I'd sell for $350 would be a huge improvement over your current wheel

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 01, 2016 12:42PM
Thanks ,
I'll have to check and see if it's ball bearing,, unfortunately I never asked. " pretty sad"
How can you tell.? I don't believe I've ever seen one up close to know what they look like. Nor do I have any idea what wheels are on it blade count ect.

I have an H2 I believe I think it's 3x3..... Something. It's a hair bigger on the exhaust side of the wheel. It has been completely rebuilt no passes, slotted cover
I think the exhaust housings were 19 and 22 . I took it off because I think gt or was told it was better

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 02, 2016 03:55AM
The gt is better then the h2.

A journal bearing turbo will have a large cap nut looking thing on the compressor wheel,

A ball bearing SHOULD have a one piece wheel and nut, allowing your to see the end of the shaft when looking into the compressor/intake side of the turbo

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 02, 2016 08:21AM
I know you don't want to hear this but throw that h2 away and get a gt42. A stock smooth gt will gain you huge over that h2. Trust me been in your shoes. You will be amazed at the difference

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 02, 2016 11:54AM
I have a water system and injectors that work great for your setup. If interested 715-773-2697.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 02, 2016 03:01PM
Are you allowed to use air to water inner coolers

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 03, 2016 04:01AM
Just curious how you guys that don't run water keep your chargers from burning up ? I tried not running water because of no water rule but could not keep a charger from burning/destroying the exhaust wheel. Was not running over 350cc of fuel out of a small rotary pump.

Re: IH Engine 525 Drop in kits June 03, 2016 05:06AM
Put more fuel to it, not so much that you snuff it, but enough to bring down the exhaust temp. Makes for lots of smoke.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520