JD 3020 Farm Tractor ? for JD Folks June 17, 2016 03:27PM
Sorry for the low performance question, but am sure someone here knows the right answer. I'm doing a reman to a "late" 270 and the rod bolt torque spec. is about 15 lb. ft. less than the "early" engines. My reference is an I&T manual and JD is not my specialty. Does anyone know if this is indeed correct or perhaps a misprint? Thanks!

Re: JD 3020 Farm Tractor ? for JD Folks June 17, 2016 11:06PM
Deere changes their rod bolts and the torque procedure on that style engine quite a few years back, new torque is 55 ft. lbs. + 1/4 turn. Rod bolts can be torqued 1 time only, cannot be reused. When you recondition the rods, use the old bolts, new torque, have the big end done that way, then use you new bolts when you go together. New torque is tighter than the old way, if you don't recon. your rods that way, you bearing clearance will be tight.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009