alexander ny June 19, 2016 01:20PM
Last night I attended my 1st pull of the year in Alexander ny. I have a question as I am no genius on pulling. In the light weight super stock class why was Evermans tractors making like a poping noise off the starting line? In the heavy weight class the black 1 did it real bad at start and the red one kinda did it all the way down the track seemed like when they did a wheelie it stopped poping then when came back down it started again. Thanks

Re: alexander ny June 19, 2016 11:57PM
Those engines are equipped with a rev limiter in the ignition system. Should it hit a preset rpm it will cut spark to the cylinders until the rpms come back down. Unfortunately as hard as the steamshow group try's the starting line there is terrible

Re: alexander ny June 20, 2016 12:45AM
Rev limiter maybe but why didn't Hootmans Tractor make that same poping noise ? And another international in the light weight class that sounded like it was running more rpms than everyone?

Re: alexander ny June 20, 2016 12:35AM
Exactly what was going . they were hitting the Rev limiter. The track really went away in the HSS class, that's why it seemed worse

Re: alexander ny June 20, 2016 04:44AM
If you listened closely you would have heard Mark back off the throttle a little until he felt the tractor hook to the track. Same idea just different driving styles. Yes Justin's tractor does have a mean sound. Happy for him that he is starting to get things figured out.

Re: alexander ny June 20, 2016 05:57AM
What is the story with the East Eden sled? No brakes on that box or what during Justin Weaver's run in LSS? I've never seen a box go run away like that, it's a wonder someone wasn't hurt.

Also, are they babying the new Ripper tractor? Seems like they need to push the throttle a little harder, unless they're just data gathering.

Re: alexander ny June 21, 2016 11:59PM
I guess instead of worrying a out Ripper you should be worried about the traction control on 2 of the tractors

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 01:24AM
There is a thing called a rule book. in it are things called words and I commend you for being intelligent enough to spell "traction control" but it appears that is where your knowledge on the subject ends. If you read the thing called the rule book with the "words" you will see that there is a paragraph that says "protest"
If you feel confident enough that an issue exists follow the "words" under that section of the rule book rather than make useless statements on a forum.

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 02:07AM
I've had my hands under the hood on both tractors, at most pulls the hoods are open at some point come on over and shoe us said traction control,
Joel

Re: alexander ny June 24, 2016 07:51PM
So either overruled dont know how many waste gates his tractor has or fan hit the nail on the head I'm guessing fan did.

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 02:56AM
If I had traction control wouldn't i go straight? I wish someone would come over and point it out to me because I need to adjust it

Re: alexander ny June 23, 2016 12:37AM
How many wastegates do you use ? 3 turn is 3 wasregates?

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 08:16AM
I didn't hear rev limiter popping off the line really, but I do remember both tractors having a fat burble off the bottom and then cleaning up in the first 50 feet. I think they have those tractors set to kill and I wouldn't doubt if they're a little fat on the bottom. Those tractors both run hard. I'd say they push a ton of air through, so plenty of fuel needed to keep them together. Just my observation, but sounded rich off the line which I don't blame them. They're putting some ponies down to the track for sure.

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 08:41AM
We were at the show and for the price to get in you get your money worth seemed a little slow at times between hooks just gives more time to eat the chicken well done keep it up thanks for the show

Re: alexander ny June 22, 2016 08:50AM
I agree. Great show! Most tractors I've seen at an ESP pull other than Langford in awhile. Great weather, great pull. And no 2wd! No offense, but not a fan. I'm there for the tractor classes. We usually just use the 2wd class as a chance to grab food and use the bathroom. I was very impressed with Justin's tractor. Looking forward to seeing it in 2 weeks.

Re: alexander ny June 23, 2016 12:51AM
Attended both Dansville and Alexander ESP shows this year. Both shows started at their advertised start times (4pm & 7pm) and finished up at a respectable hour. I agree with gonh that they were a little slow between hooks. Otherwise I thought both shows were very entertaining, keep up the good work!

Re: alexander ny June 24, 2016 11:16PM
Was my first time at Dansville and it was a good show. I've seen this club pull at Troy Pa. for years and they always start on time and put on a good show. Went to a local brush pull last night South/East of Troy and saw some EPS Super Farm guys from this area pull. Brent Naylor and Elwood Sickler matched up with two Mod. Turbos of Bill Davis and Marshall Watkins. Davis's tractor won with a grandkid in the seat and ran real strong. Sure is neat to see the 3rd generation pulling ! Brent got beat by two tractors he works on and he drove the one. He is doing too good of a job on them. Wish he liked green Deere paint.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason