Toter June 22, 2016 08:21AM
Wondering what you guys with, or that have had toter homes, prefer when it comes to trailer styles. With that much of a hauler, do you notice a big difference in how settled it is between a tag type or a gooseneck trailer? I'm not sure I want to give up living space for a flat area to put the hitch. Opinions? Anyone that's run both care to weigh in? Thanks.

Re: Toter June 22, 2016 05:23PM
I went from a tractor/trailer setup to a coach and tag trailer. I wouldn't dream of going back. The tag setup pulls nice and goes around a corner much better. I had my trailer built with 20K axles and 22.5 rubber. It has a 6' dove in the floor that along with the 10' ramp door makes loading nice.

Re: Toter June 23, 2016 04:45AM
Richard,

Who built your trailer if I might ask and how much do you weigh? Been thinking about going the tag hitch route, but was worried about the weight we haul if we were to go to a tag. We are hauling around 13k in tractor and tools etc. without considering what the trailer would weigh. Thanks.

Re: Toter June 27, 2016 03:10PM
Kodiak Trailer in Lockwood, Mo. built it. I weigh mid 70s full of water, fuel, 9500# tractor, Scout, tools and all the other crap I have stuck in the trailer and coach. The coach is really nice to travel in with or without the trailer. I get a little over 6 MPG with the generator off and a little under 6 with it running.The coach itself will get 9 to 10 if I keep my foot out of it. My wife loves it.

Re: Toter June 23, 2016 05:32AM
Thanks for the response Richard. I'm leaning towards the tag set up myself. I just hate to give up living space for hitch space for a gooseneck set up. I know in my pick up the gooseneck makes a big difference in ride quality over a "bumper pull", but my short wheelbase single axle dump hauls my 20 ton tag just fine, so I figured a toter should haul half that just fine. I wouldn't mind the floor space loss if it was just an overnight camper for the pulls, but I'll be using it as an actual camper at times too on off weekends. Happy wife is a happy life is right!

Re: Toter June 27, 2016 07:33AM
So...another question. I know that an RV and trailer combination in my state and a few others is 65 feet max combination length. Now, if it's titled as an RV(toter), but I have a CDL A with over length endorsements, tandems and triples, am I driving out of class if the combination is 75 feet total? Does over length go off the titled vehicle, or the driver's actual license?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM