Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 09:25AM
I have a fresh big block Deere that is slobbering fuel or oil out of the stack. The pump is a 1100cc p-pump with 4x33 injectors . Timing is set at 28 degrees. It runs great but if it idel's to long let's say five min it will start slobbering. What do you guys think is my problem? Timing.. Rings not seated in or otherwise? Thanks for any help!

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 11:07AM
Are you running bio fuel? If so, thats whats causing it to slobber.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 11:19AM
Not using bio fuel. I'm running BP diesel supreme

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 11:28AM
Try adding a little cetane booster. Stanadyne is a reputable producer with the performance formula. Also to warm it up slowly move the fuel shutoff in while holding it about 2000 rooms, maybe 2-3 minutes. Pump diesel today isn't all that great to start with, and with the amount we are trying to cram in its not that unusual.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 12:08PM
Thank you jrh! I'll try that. I may add that it's a 3000 rpm tractor. We are running 715cid the cam is set at 97 degrees of that helps anything.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 01:04PM
Probably motor oil leaking past valve guide seals some high performance motors don't have any at all turbo pressure keeps it from slobbering accept when idling don't worry about it just check the oil.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 01:54PM
Our tractor slobbered until we hooked it the first time then it quit. Are you confident in the quality of your fuel system? Poor quality injectors will cause this problem. Check exhaust temps on each cylinder and verify that. Don't care who says what, temps should be within 50 to 75 degrees across the board if EVERYTHING is working like it should. Are you sure the injectors are 4 x .033"???

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? July 01, 2019 02:58AM
What should each cylinder temp be at the manifold port? 400? 500? If you are 1400-1500 before the turbo.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 02:19PM
Also make sure ur turbo drain pipe is not plugged or has a high spot causing slight restrictions if the turbo doesn't drain the oil easily it will push it out the exhaust seal. Had this problem on are big block cat.

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 23, 2016 07:58PM
Lost new guy
I have a fresh big block Deere that is slobbering fuel or oil out of the stack. The pump is a 1100cc p-pump with 4x33 injectors . Timing is set at 28 degrees. It runs great but if it idel's to long let's say five min it will start slobbering. What do you guys think is my problem? Timing.. Rings not seated in or otherwise? Thanks for any help!

Not to sound like a smart ass, but why let it idle for 5 min.?

Re: Tractor slobbering out the stack? June 24, 2016 12:11AM
Thanks guys! All useful ideas. I'll do some checking and get back with you

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,725, Posts: 229,857, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,981.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro