PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 02:57PM
PPL WESTERN SERIES is heating up right along with the temperatures. We have a full weekend of events that will cover Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri this week.
Below is the up coming schedule for the week. We have a lot of first time things happening this week. We will for the first time in our series history be making stops in GreenField, IA, and Montgomery City, MO. These venues I am certain most have heard of and possibly attended in the past as either pullers or fans from across the area. We are very excited about having the opportunity to to be a part of these great events this weekend. On Friday night the Western Series will be hosting two events in two different towns in two different states. Both events start at 7:00 pm. COLFAX County Fair in LEIGH, NE we will have three WESTERN SERIES classes plus several Nebraska Bush classes. If you haven't made the trip to see the Colfax County fair in Leigh and you are within a couple of hours then you might consider loading up the entire family and making this trip. It's not very often that you will get to see a PPL tractor pull for "FREE". Yes that is right "FREE". So bring the entire family to the tractor pull Friday evening in LEIGH, NE. Some of the feature classes are the WESTERN SERIES 4.1 LP's, Unlimited Light Super Stock tractors and for the first time ever in LEIGH the 2wd Modified trucks. Montgomery City, MO - will host the PPL WESTERN SERIES and the PPL CHAMPIONS tour this Friday evening as well. This will be the first time the CHAMPIONS TOUR SUPER FARM TRACTORS will be in Montgomery City, MO and PLATTE CITY, MO. Both shows are two track shows. On SATURDAY night the WESTERN SERIES and PPL CHAMPIONS Tour will all converge on PLATTE CITY, MO for the annual PLATTE COUNTY FAIR. This is always one of our favorite venues every year. Platte county fair does an excellent job with there pull. You will want to get there early as they fill up fast. Lots of people come every year to see the DIESEL trucks at the Platte County fair. This year fans will see the all new Limited Pro Stock DIESEL truck class as well as the up and coming 2.5 Diesel truck class. Don't forget about the the CHAMPIONS TOUR Pro Modified 4wd trucks and those SUPER FARM tractors as well that night. We are certainly fortunate to be a part of these weekends great events and certainly encourage all pullers and spectators to come and check these events out this weekend. Below is the venues and the classes that will be at those events.

GREENFIELD, IA
Thursday Night 7:00 pm
PPL WESTERN SERIES CLASSES
PRO STOCK 4x4 Purse has been increased to $3,500.00 for that night
PRO STOCK TRACTORS (NEW CLASS for 2016 on the WESTERN SERIES)
4.1 LIMITED PROS
85 LIMITED PROS

LEIGH, NE
Friday Night 7:00 pm
PPL WESTERN SERIES
4.1 Limited PROS
Unlimited Light Supers
2wd modified trucks

NE BUSH SERIES
Cast Light Supers
Light Limited Modifieds
Super Farms

Montgomery City, MO
Friday Night 7:00 pm
Champions Tour
Super Farm
Pro Modified 4wd trucks
WESTERN SERIES
Pro Stock Tractors
Pro Stock 4x4 trucks
85 Limited Pros
Modified Tractors
Limited Pro Diesel Trucks

Platte City, MO
Saturday Night 7:00 pm
Champions Tour
Super Farm
Pro Modified 4wd trucks
WESTERN SERIES
Pro Stock Tractors
Pro Stock 4x4 trucks
85 Limited Pros
Modified Tractors
Limited Pro Diesel Trucks
9000 Pro Farms

2.5 Diesel Trucks

If you are a fan of tractor pulling and live in Missouri. This weekend has a whole host of excellent options for spectators to watch and pullers to participate in this great sport. If you can't make it to one of our fine PPL WESTERN SERIES events this weekend and are in the central Missouri area. Please make the drive down to Warrensburg, MO and check out some of my old friends two day show in Warrensburg, MO. The Shackelfords are hosting their first ever two day event. They have a great facility and a great track. I have been there many times in the past and they do a fantastic job with this event. If you can't make the drive to see one of our PPL WESTERN SERIES events this weekend, be sure and check their event out in WARRENSBURG, MO. It will be a great truck and tractor pull as well. MISSOURI if you love Pulling which I know that you do, there are several great tractor pulls across the state this weekend. As another friend of mine loves to say. "LET'S GROW PULLING"!

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 03:37PM
I think most will be going to the Show Me Shootout this weekend in Warrensburg. Hard to believe Outlaws not going to be at Montgomery City after the awesome pull last year and the big screen. Replacing Pro Stocks, Limited Pro Stocks and Modified Tractors with Super Farm and 466 Tractors not going to cut it for us.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 04:11PM
I can tell you I have pulled with both groups and all of the pullers are respectable and a good time from both groups. But I will be pulling in Montgomery city and platte city due to the awesome crew that ppl has. Say what you want and bash ppl cause that's what you are gonna do, but I can assure you both ppl hooks will put on a amazing show.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 04:36PM
It will be a great show no matter where you go this weekend. Lots of good pulling going on all across the midwest. Look forward to seeing all the action and reading about all the action that we miss from the pulling world this weekend. Don't make it about who is going where. Just support the sport!

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 10:30PM
Are the 4.1s not in Platte City?

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 19, 2016 10:47PM
Yes the 4.1's are at Platte City

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 07:25AM
wish there was a like button on that. although I pull ppl the outlaw tractors still run pretty darn good for having to have an implemented turbo. there will for sure be more than 4- 4.1s in Montgomery and I would bet there is close to 20- 85 limited pros.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 07:33AM
I didn't know Monday was closed ? I'm sure your more than welcome to pull as long you meet there rules..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 01:57AM
To SMSO, there is going to be modified tractors, pro stocks, and 4.1's at Montgomery. Outlaws put a fine show on there, and this looks to be better with the champions series super farm class, and modified 4x4 class also.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 06:24AM
Just to set the record straight, there are NO ppl members on the Montgomery county fair board. There are several ppl members in Montgomery county that approached us and brought a proposal to the fair board, we then started looking at classes and prices for the 2016 fair and after much deliberation decided to go with ppl due to the fact that outlaw had the exact same classes scheduled for the Lincoln county fair the week prior to ours and it is 30 miles away from us. That being said the Montgomery county fair board has no ill feelings toward outlaw or anybody associated with them we just thought it was time to change the pull a little from the past several years.

Good luck and stay safe to all the pullers this weekend wherever you decide to pull

Buckie Coleman, Montgomery county fair pull chairman

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 06:59AM
After reading letter, my bad to Roberts on comment. Looks like they had the choice and knew what was coming. Outlaws has been at Troy for years and did bring in 3 more classes. Troy pull was great this year and an improvement over last year and the big screen was awesome for the first time just like Montgomery City last year. They sure didn't have all the same classes though as neither the mod tractors or 2wd trucks were not at Troy like Montgomery City had last year. Just why would Montgomery City make a change after having the best pull ever last year? Co - sanctioned with Xcaliber last year and now this year MSTTPA 4.1 class that has maybe 1 to 4 tractors on a good day. How can you replace 10 pro stocks, 18 limited 4.1 pro stocks, 16 Light Super Stocks, 16 2wd trucks, 8 Modified tractors, big 4wd trucks from both Outlaws and Xcaliber with Super Farms and Western Series pro stocks that might have 3 or 4. What were they thinking, was Outlaws that much higher or were they cheaper and makes you wonder more about this decision. Looks like they will have to live with this decision for a long time or maybe move to a Thursday and get Outlaws back.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 07:08AM
Outlaws has better quality of vechiles than ppl? Our 8500,4.1,and Prostocks run circles around outlaws and any true pulling fans knows this go be true. Open up the Monday show at Mo. State Fair to all 85s,4.1s,and Pro put your money where your mouth is

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 07:47AM
I didn't see where it was an invitation pull and never heard Outlaws not letting anyone pull as long as the meet the rules..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 06:55PM
The only place you can pull a 3x4 slotted charger (that's a turbo so you know what Im talking about) is outlaws. So yes it is a invitational pull unless you want to spend 5k or buy a used turbo for less. Its a joke for the 8500 class.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 07:52AM
Better quality I think you are mistaken on the 85s and 4.1 running circles around the outlaw counterparts. When the outlaw 4.1 have pulled with the ppl 4.1s they have been right in the mix with them. And as for the 85 lim pro the results speak for themselves 2 of the last 3 winners of the 85lp class at gordyville were running outlaw turbos. We are very competeive with each other when we are allowed to run together with our respective associations legal turbo.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 08:04AM
The main difference is Outlaws has more vehicles from many states that we do not get to see very often. About 30 tractors in the 466 class now and some used to pull PPL the last couple of years. More 4.1 tractors and rules that keep them coming. 2 years ago PPL had pro stocks at Missouri state fair and only 4 showed up and 2 of them were outlaw tractors that had day off and liked a foot from winning. Couldn't tell any difference. That comparison of Montgomery City and Platte City says it all. Same day, 100 miles apart and Outlaws had much better pull. There will even be a bigger difference this year as Outlaws classes growing and now getting Diesel pickups.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 04:24PM
If you want to discuss pulls I would highly suggest you know your facts before becoming a keyboard hero
This thread was merely a discussion on pulls this weekend no bashing, no @#$%& starting. It's people like you who block their email and want to hide behind the keyboard that starts issues between different organizations
So if you want to discuss Platte City Pull with PPL
Here's my number 816-215-3237

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 12:53PM
Who was the top 5 8500 tractors at the State fair last year?

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 08:05AM
I would hope you would be able to be competitive running a bigger turbo.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 08:24AM
First ppl tractors run circles around us now we are only competitive because we run bigger turbos? FYI we run a 3" charger just like ppl unless a map enhancement makes a turbo wheel bigger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2016 08:27AM by bclark.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 10:49PM
I'm not speaking for Doug but from my experience, I have been seen both and there is no comparison to the way Outlaws run there pulls, they start on time and fast paced action, I just wish they had 5 or 6 more DSS and do away with these county fair classes that both Outlaws and PPL think they need to have..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 02:38AM
25 hooks last night in west liberty wasnt worth the 15 dollars to get in.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 03:27AM
Not all pulls work out the greatest and West Liberty is one of them that is almost out of Outlaw territory and on a Wednesday by itself. Numbers have always been in the mid 20's to 30's but the pull has been good with a covered grandstand for this hot weather. The addition of the big screen made for the best pull ever and we will be back. If you want to cast stones I am sure Greenfield is worried about there pull tonight as Corydon less than 100 miles away last Friday had 4 - 2wd trucks, 7 pro farm tractors, 1 pro stock pickup and 10 - 8.5 466 tractors. I bet they were real proud of that 22 vehicle pull with no big screen. I'm sure PPL had more banners than rigs at that event.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 04:06AM
Corydon was very pleased with the show and already has PPL booking it for next year again. Not every promotor expects a 100 vehicle show. A facility like Corydon could not support a pull of that size for a lot of reasons.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 01:11PM
Montgomery city need to go back to the good days with east central/xcaliber when they packed the stands. As a fan it's nice to see the guys from the area pull. I don't care to see some guy from 150 miles away pull.But what do I know I'm just the guy in the stands paying $20 to watch..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 02:20PM
They had the best of both worlds last year. Outlaws and XCaliber pulled together in about 4 classes as they have the same rules and insurance. Then Outlaws had some classes that Xcaliber don't offer and XCaliber had some classes that Outlaws didn't offer. Heck of a pull last year and to screw that up. I feel for some of the XCaliber pullers that have pulled there for close to 30 years, but not this year and many live close. Somebody on the fair board wasn't paying attention to what was going on. Probably no big screen this year too. Sad!

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 11:16AM
As far as the 4.1 class it is very balanced across the country. I don't see where any group or organization has an leg up on another one. Just my two

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 04:37PM
I just want Doug to explain where he comes from saying they have better QUALITY than PPL in the 8500 Limited Pros AND 4.1 Limited Pros. I just want some justification for his statement lets find out PLEASE open up Mo State Fair I dare you Doug outlaws are more than welcome to hook on Sunday evening lets make a show. Everyone knows the PPL Prostocks are not restricted so that's a no brainer but lets put on a SHOW. Doug Please explain your COMMENT Im willing to run your fuel and water.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 05:51PM
Why not do a double dog dare?? I dare you to!!

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 06:12PM
I have always enjoyed watching outlaw pulls and never worried about the QUALITY of equipment at these pulls. Doug stated ppl equipment is not quality say what you will he said it I didnt

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 20, 2016 10:02PM
to better quality

if you knew anything about ppl 8500 limited pro you would know they run the same water and fuel as outlaws do

as a outlaw puller I perfer to pull outlaws and I have pulled with both and I am not saying one is better than the other but if your going to post something you should know what your talking about first

and both series have great tractors

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 07:25AM
This might very well be one of the most disappointing threads on here in a long time. It started off with a seemingly harmless post about a great weekend of pulling in Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. On top of that it included the two premier pulling organisations in this area, no negativity, just a get out and enjoy some pulling whatever your flavor may be as there are some great events to attend over the next 3 days.

The unfortunate part is there are some people that just can't be satisfied, regardless of which side they are on. Each group has a prerogative to book events to fill their open dates. Promoters have the right to decide who to book for their show. Fans have a right to attend the shows they so choose and pullers can choose to fit one set of rules or multiple sets and pull with multiple orgs. NONE of these people are wrong for making their choices because some keyboard psuedoname comes on here and says they are. NO keyboard psuedoname deserves an explanation of any type from anyone about anything because they simply don't exist.

Personally "better quality" you seem to be arguing favorably towards ppl. I would consider myself a ppl guy for the most part and you are embarrassing as heck to me. Your argument is petty and insecure and it makes our area look like we can't even try to coexist and that is simply not the case.

There are some great pulls coming up, most likely some will be better than others, get over it and enjoy some.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 21, 2016 10:48AM
There will be some great pulls in Missouri this weekend.....Lets all get out and support them so that they come back again.....I don't care whom puts them on....Because I'm closer I'll attend the Outlaw pull at Warrensburg on Friday evening...On Saturday evening I'll be at a MSTPA pull at Ft Scott,KS because I follow some of the pullers....I sure do wish that I could be at the Platte City PPL pull......Its going to be hot this weekend so the crowds may be down some...These pulls all need our support...

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 22, 2016 04:54PM
I feel bad for Montgomery Fair. Not a good turn out of machines and the track wasn't good. Hopefully next year a different show and better track... As a long time fan of that pull I hate to see it go down hill
Sad day.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 12:45AM
Everyone saw this train wreck coming except the fair board. After one of the best pulls last year they go to this. That good pull from last year is now in Warrensburg

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 01:30AM
Any results? What kind of numbers did they end up with?

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 02:57AM
according to power and noise website montgomery city had 69 hooks and warrensburg had 129 hooks to many classes and to much typing for me to list all the winners

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 03:23AM
fan
I feel bad for Montgomery Fair. Not a good turn out of machines and the track wasn't good. Hopefully next year a different show and better track... As a long time fan of that pull I hate to see it go down hill
Sad day.

How bad was the track? too dry or what??

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 07:15AM
I just want to take this time to thank both Buckie Coleman from Montgomery City and Justin Hill from Platte City for bring us the Show Me Shootout in Warrensburg, MO. Without your great decision to not have the Outlaws we now can enjoy the biggest pull in Missouri. Heck of a pull and facility last night and a great job by Outlaws to bring us lots of iron.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 05:58AM
Glad you enjoyed your outlaw show

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 06:44AM
Half the website monitors work for PPL so anything positive for Outlaws or negative for PPL gets cut. Been that way for years!

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 07:34AM
I was at Warrensburg Friday evening and it was a great pull...I'll sure be back next year...They have a fantastic place for a pull...I'm sure that the promoters were disappointed by the crowd size Friday evening but people just won't come out in the heat like they used to..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 23, 2016 11:07PM
Track was wet due to 3" of rain Friday morning. They did the best they could with what Mother Nature dealt them.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 03:04AM
Dang that rain must have been spotty. Only .8" a half mile from the track.

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 03:31AM
How come Doug Roberts post got deleted?

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 05:31AM
Yeah, what's up with that?

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 07:36AM
What's up
How come Doug Roberts post got deleted?

Yes,I would like to see an explanation about that..

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 24, 2016 12:00PM
I am not sure why or how Doug's post got deleted, however I wish that it had not been removed. I always value the information that Doug posts on the page and always find his approach very professional. I certainly hope this does not discourage Doug or anyone else that uses the forum from posting in the future.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: PPL Western Series Weekend Events July 25, 2016 01:53AM
As a puller with PPL, I would like to also thank the fair boards in Montgomery County and Platte County for having us over the weekend! Montgomery City was the best it could be, given the curveball that Mother Nature threw at them that morning. Hope to be back next year, minus the rain, humidity and the sweat bees, lol!!! Platte City was a great facility with a really good track with a great showing of spectators and pullers! Can't wait to be back next year!

My $.02 on all the negativity..... Knock it the hell off. Everyone here likes pulling. Stop bitching about it being NTPA or PPL or Outlaws or any other sanctioning body over any other sanctioning body. They all go where they are booked, they bring the classes that each respective pull books. I'm also a promoter, it's not easy. If any of you keyboard warriors would like a chance to follow me or any other promoter around, give me or any of them a call... We would all love to give you some of the stress that we face when trying to bring the best show possible for the fans and pullers alike. We aren't miracle workers, just normal people that step up... Have a great week and hope to see some of you this week in Goshen, In, Evansville, In or Altamont, IL!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009