Gooseneck August 01, 2016 01:12PM
Looking for information, anybody ever have gooseneck trailer, that it didn't matter where you load the tractor on the trailer it jerks and lunges forward and backward? We have raised and lowered the neck. Did not notice it to bad when we were pulling it with short bed extended cab. Now we have crew can long bed dually. Do we need to try diff trailer or what

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 12:11AM by MH49.

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 01:24PM
Where is the ball or 5th wheel mounted, relative to the rear axle centerline?

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 03:48PM
About 2-3 inches in front of center of axle. It has a cm bed on the truck.

Re: Goosenech August 02, 2016 12:44PM
You are good there! Maybe AV has the fix!
He is in the trailer business, so is a good resource!

Re: Goosenech August 03, 2016 01:44AM
My Corn Pro, and Delta would buck like that if I loaded the tractor a little too far forward, but if moved back it wouldn't buck much at all. I now have a PJ 32ft Hyd Dovetail, and it never does it, but I always load the tractor at the back, and make the trailer carry the weight.

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 03:58PM
What yr make and model truck?

I had a 2009 F250 that it would do it at certain speeds. Certain new trailers empty it would get lunging. Sometimes just setting cruise at a certain speed it would quit. Not sure if there is one thing that would definitely fix your issue but I do know some people who have used this hitch with success for the same issue.

[shockerhitch.com]

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 04:02PM
You need a Shocker Hitch. We went though the same thing for years. Makes a Big difference. Google shocker hitch.

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 04:30PM
2013 f350 cab and chassis. What is the weight ratting for the shocker hitch. Thanks for the responses.

Re: Goosenech August 01, 2016 11:51PM
Save yourself some grief, get a different trailer, the neck is flexing, anything you do to get rid of the surge is only a band aid. There is a night and day difference in trailers.

Re: Goosenech August 02, 2016 12:58PM
Been there what trailer did you have, and what brand did you switch to

Re: Goosenech August 02, 2016 01:03PM
Anybody know if any trailer company will let you test pull a trailer befor you buy it.

Re: Goosenech August 02, 2016 02:18PM
I had same issue till I moved tractor all the way forward on 20 + 5 dual tandem. Truck needs more weight on it.

Re: Goosenech August 03, 2016 01:49AM
Any dealer should let you hook up and pull it down the road if you said you wanted to make sure it pulled straight before you buy.

Guys leave their license and then head down the road for a test run here.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Goosenech August 03, 2016 04:05AM
Hey Adam do you guys sell enclosed goosenecks for pulling tractors?

Re: Goosenech August 03, 2016 01:27PM
Won't say what I had as to not start a war, but went to a Featherlite steel gooseneck, UNBELIEVABLE how different they pull. Also have a BakerBuilt steel. It's 10x better than our original, but the Featherlite is king. Sadly, I don't know if they still make steel trailers.

Re: Gooseneck August 02, 2016 01:16PM
We have a 20+5 tandem dually Big Tex. It pulls great. We also use a 32 foot hydraulic lift Load Max tandem dually. The tandem duals fixed the same problem you had.

Re: Gooseneck August 02, 2016 02:14PM
Our trailer is a dually tandem.

Re: Gooseneck August 02, 2016 03:11PM
your ball should be 6 in.foward of the center of the rear axle on a long wheel base truck 3 in. on a standard wheel base truck will probably solve your problem

Re: Gooseneck August 03, 2016 12:40PM
It is the CM truck bed
I had the same thing happen ... They are not rigid enough the bed is flexing .. The Chinsey cross channel Stella flexes
I drove my self nuts over this for two years

Cut the gooseneck hitch and ball that they put in and put a BW hitch turnover ball hitch right to your frame
This will take care of it .... This is what I did.. We could all finally talk in the cab again

Re: Gooseneck August 03, 2016 03:39PM
Thank you very much (trailer puller) and everybody for the advice.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,776, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member Jason