Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 12:01AM
Attended the pull this past weekend Food was great, weather good, lots of iron there. The Light Limited Super stock class once again stole the show with great running tractors and how fast that group puts equipment down the track. The only down side of the day is that it is painfully slow to watch some of the other classes through out the day. I hope the fire department can get a handle on the other groups or find new ones for next year.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 12:51AM
10 tractor pull off in a field of 18 LLSS made a lot of sense. 28 superfarms in an hour and a half was too slow for you?

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 01:41AM
Super farm was a good class, mods was terrible 11 in about 2 hours really send them home.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 02:02AM
I'm curious how they decided which classes to have finals for. I'd rather see a final in the Lights than the 2wd class any day. Way more exciting class.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 04:27AM
I agree with Fan, LLSS was best class. They had the sled set perfect for a good show. Maybe could have set the full pull at 320 instead of 310, wouldn't have had so many out the gate but it went quickly. It was good to watch and I am sure the guys who traveled many miles to pull enjoyed the opportunity in a pull off. Lots of good iron in a wide variety of color.
Superfarm was a good class also but they should have run a "track conditioning" class before the big show, track conditions really changed from #1 to #28. Everything moved along well and was pretty close to the posted schedule. Food was awesome as always!!

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 06:15AM
It's time to dump NYTPA
They just don't support any show but there own local fair. Gota save the tractor for the home town hero moment. The best part of the show was LLSS class.. everything else went toooooo slow

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 12:18PM
Are you talking about anybody in particular. Sounds like you are speaking of someone in general. Just spill it doc.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 02:36PM
Jason made the most impressive pass of the day, bar none. TWD are and will always be my least favorite and what I consider the least exciting. No offense to those guys. I know they put their time in, but I don't find them interesting or exciting.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 10:35AM
I am a little biased but i would say the twd never say never again made two of the most exciting and powerful passes of the day! 295 in the sun and 339 at night.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 10:45AM
By the way, hats off to the langford volunteers, i heard they were real short on help. i dont know how many people attended but it looked like the most i ever saw

Re: Langford Tractor pull LLSS video August 10, 2016 06:13AM
Check out the live videos of the two LLSS classes last weekend in New York. I got to meet some great people that do not normally come to pull in New York......I think they will be regulars for the future.Smiling. During the down time at Little Valley they had driver interviews of most of the LLSS drivers. I thought that was very nice and seemed to help keep the spectators interested.

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 10, 2016 02:56PM
On behalf of the Pull Committee of the Langford New Oregon Vol. Fire Dept. a huge THANK YOU to the Pullers, Fans and Volunteers that made our Weekend a Success. We could not do it with out all of you. While we do this out of necessity, as an independent Fire Company, to buy equipment, provide services and to keep our community safe in their time of need, this event has taken on a life of it's own, much more than our little hamlet ever imagined. This is taken very seriously by those of us who plan the event. Hundreds of hours are spent planning the event and I can tell you that we were talking about what we can do better next year while the pull was still going on.
We could not have done it without the cooperation of the ESP, NYTPA and WNYPPS as they make our show. While the fans in the stands saw what appeared to be single classes of SFS, TWD, MOD and HSS during the afternoon. It was actually 2 separate organizations working together seamlessly at our request. Kudo's to the leadership of ESP and NYTPA for making this happen, only at Langford. Thanks to the Leadership at WNYPPS and Faron Reding Jr. for the Great LLSS show. The Langford Pull Off was a Great Show! The Pullers who came back put on a heck of a display. Unfortunately we ran a little late, but in Langford you ALWAYS get your moneys worth.
Your comments are appreciated as we try to do better each year, as not only do our fans expect it, we demand it of ourselves. Check out the pages of our groups photographers and videographers for a recap of all the action, they did a great job and Mad Pulling Pics caught some of the Saturday night concert action too.
Thanks to all of You! See you in Langford August 5th & 6th, 2017!

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 02:36AM
I want to add another big thanks to Logan Thomas and crew with Richard Love's Decision Maker Sleds. The Genral Tire sled was spot on making exciting consistent classes. The sled made the show, even the light classes were able to holeshot and get some major ground speed down the track but stop them dead! In my opinion it was better than the years using the Carlyle sled that comes out of the hole harder and really tears up the starting line.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 02:50AM
New life-long fan here, too. I thought it was a good show. I can't say I really noticed it going all that slowly.

The crew had to decide fairly early in the LLSS class where to set the FP. I think if we had gone to 320, there would have been 3 in the pull-off instead of 7, but that's how it goes. We had a blast there and at Little Valley.

Special thanks to Faron Redding, Jr. for taking a flyer on me and Drew. It was the most fun we have had working a weekend in quite a while. I hope we did the LLSS guys justice and can come play again.

Charles Poosch

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 11:23AM
"CPR", I do not understand what you really mean by your post. What was your involvment?

I have 'googled' different topics, but cannot find anywheres the full LLSS Langford results. Where are they posted?

Jake, did you have an enjoyable and memorable time with introducing your son to pulling and making memories?

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 12:16PM
Thank you to Langford New Oregon Fire Company and Little Valley Fair for hosting the Northern LLSS Series and WNY Pro Pulling Series. Thank you also to Sidetracked with Armstead and Poosch for announcing both events. The fans seemed to enjoy the class and the variation in equipment that traveled great distance to join in on the fun. Finally, a thank you to the pullers from near and far who put on two great shows! We hope to be able to offer this class again in the future.

The results are posted on the WNYPPS website:
[www.wnypropullingseries.com]

Photos can be viewed/purchased at:

jeffluckeyphoto.com

madpullingpics.com

Video coverage of both nights can be found on Facebook by searching "Sidetracked with Armstead and Poosch"

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 03:53PM
I had intentions of posting this Monday morning but I haven't had much spare time to sit and write. Here are a few of my Langford notes:

Light Limited Super Class:
The LLSS class was great. It's one of the main reasons I went to this pull. I like all the other classes, but the idea of seeing some of the tractors from Kentucky and Michigan made the pull a little more interesting. Thanks to Ed Shoobridge, Faron Reding Jr. and the entire WNY Pro Pulling group for making this happen. I really appreciate that WNYPPS flex their rules and allow the out-of-state tractors to run for a weekend. This class just gets better and better each year and there's nothing that can come close to it in terms of variety and color. There were some great runs by both the diesels and alcohol tractors and after the first round I thought it was going to be Mark Gabels A-C Father's Pride for the win after a monster pass out to almost 350'. However track conditions change and that's why a pulloff make's things much more interesting than a floating finish, but it was great to see a local tractor get second. As for the size of the pulloff, yes it was a little large, but they pulled them so fast that it didn't seem to last too long.

Announcing:
I can't say enough about Dan Mayer, he does a great job and he's as good as anyone on the mic so I won't review him, but this was the the first time I've heard Andrew Armstead & Charles Poosch announce a pull/class (check out their podcasts at www.sidetrackedpulling.com or on Pulling Radio Network); they are first-class announcers individually and I'd be happy to listen to either one of them at any event. However this is one of those circumstances where "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts", and the dynamic between the two of them is excellent. I thought they did an absolutely outstanding job. I've heard lots of duos in my life and these two just have that special chemistry and camaraderie that comes through on the mic. I'm looking forward to hearing them announce a pull again.

Memories with my son William:
I wasn't sure how my son would handle the pull since he's only 2 ½ years old and he's not a huge fan of loud noises but he did great. He's probably too young to remember any of the show but he still made some great memories for me. We sat on the second-from-the-top row for most of the show and had great seats. It got even better for the night session as we found a top row spot for the SF and LSS classes as the sun ducked below the horizon. William spent a fair amount of time just looking out the back of the bleachers into the pits and pointing out different things that caught his attention. I think he had as much fun in the pits as he did watching the pull. It was pretty surreal at times as I remembered sitting in the same stands with my father as a wide-eyed kid. I felt pretty nostalgic, at times... old, and at times I couldn't have been happier watching the joy on his face. We spent plenty of time at the Weaver's hauler getting free cookies and playing on their side-by-side and he also ran laps around/through the Hooter Scooter hauler while I caught up with old friends. It was that sense of family from those two teams/families that makes this such a great sport. I only wish I had more time to visit with a few other teams. We did walk the pits for most of the Mods and the Twd truck class since he's not a huge fan of loud noises, but I found out that if he's trackside he didn't seem to care how loud it got. This became especially evident when I walked down to say hello to the photographers at the event, this was during the tribute to Han's Boxler Sr. and an exhibition pass by Joe Eder's Geico Mod. I put the headphones on William, held him so he could see over the fence and I expected tears or a fearful hug but instead he craned up as high as he could and looked as wide-eyed as he could with a huge smile on his face. It was a huge surprise/blessing. (on a side note, the Boxler Family has had a very difficult year with Han's Jr.'s wife's passing and Hans Sr.'s passing and it was really nice to see Langford pay tribute to the man and his family. I encourage everyone to continue to hold that family up in prayer.)

ESP/NYTPA portion of the show:
The LLSS class (run by the WNY Pro Pulling Series) seemed to run fast enough to keep my sons attention but he struggle at times to stay interested in the rest of the show. I was going to look at some of the time stamps on photos to see what the true show speed was like but the other classes seemed to run slower. Let me preface this by saying that I didn't see the SF class in the afternoon, and as I previously mentioned I didn't watch any loud class because of my son. That said, there were times when the track prep was done, the sled was ready and there wasn't a tractor ready, or even fired up yet. ESP/NYTPA have some great iron, excellent competitors, and excellent officials, but they didn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency. Getting tractors staged and hooked quicker need to be a priority to keep the show running quicker. They need a starting line coordinator who keeps the show running ultra efficiently.

It would also be nice to see a few more NYTPA Super Stocks make the trip. I know the Horton brothers ankle bracelets won't let them run on this side of the state (kidding, only Richie has an ankle bracelet) but I know the Sunday event makes it a tough trip back home. The other classes seemed to have pretty good support from NYTPA but it will be interesting to see what Langford does with sanctioning moving forward.

The weirdest hook of the night...
This was one of the oddest scenarios I've seen in a while. Near the end of the Heavy Super class Chris Cole hooked his Reborn Binder IH to the sled and tightened the chain. The green light didn't come on and they had Chris shut off the tractor while they made a quick repair to the Decision Maker sled. After the sled was fixed Chris Couldn't get the V-8 IH fired back up. They called to a tow tractor to tow start Chris. A Kubota eased down the track, hooked on to Chris and towed him down the track as Chris tried to start the tractor. Finishline flagman Craig Hardie signaled the Kubota driver to speed up but he just kept plugging along. The Reborn Binder finally came to life at the end of the track but the Kubota driver wasn't paying attention and pulled Chris right out of the arena. They finally unhooked Chris behind the end of the Grandstands and he quickly drove back to the sled and got hooked back up. In pure comedic fashion Chris goes to tighten the chain and... STALLS! I'm not sure who made the call but the track officials called for a tow tractor and Chris's night was over. They ruling was that he exceeded 4 minutes. So my question is when does the 4 minutes start? Is it when the tow tractor lumbers down the track to get him? Does it include the tow tractor taking him out of the arena even though he didn't need to? I'm a firm believer that Chris got shafted. There was only one tractor left in the class and they should have given Chris the option to drop to last to go get it started, and if he stalled it again then that was his second attempt. I've seen ESP/NYTPA officials make excellent decisions and the do a great job, but they really blew the call on this one. If the rest of the show was running a little faster they would have had a greater margin of error for freak instances like this.

Overall I had a great time with my son. Thanks to Bill Schmitz for the hospitality and the rest of the volunteers for putting on one of the best shows in New York State. It's always a great show in Langford and I really only have one real regret, I packed Peanut Butter Sandwiches for my son and I, but next year he can eat the Peanut Butter because I really missed the Chicken BBQ.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 11, 2016 11:27PM
Jake Morgan
It got even better for the night session as we found a top row spot for the SF and LSS classes as the sun ducked below the horizon. William spent a fair amount of time just looking out the back of the bleachers into the pits and pointing out different things that caught his attention. I think he had as much fun in the pits as he did watching the pull.

Jake, I think you and your son were sitting next to me. I asked him if it was way past his bedtime. I thought you looked familiar but couldn't put a name to the face.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 12, 2016 01:08AM
Thanks for the kind words Jake. We've both been at several events, but after hanging out on here for 15 years, our paths have still to cross. One of these days, lol!

CPR

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 12, 2016 09:45AM
Jake thanks for the review! As far as Chris Cole's situation it was goofy. An air line broke on the sled, they got it fixed quickly but they shut Chris down not knowing how long it would be. They were about to call the last tractor to the track when the team advised officials he was running so they brought him back out, I got him hooked and when he was trying to idle down into gear to pull it stalled again. Didn't have enough battery to crank it over. Officials gave Chris the option to take a mechanical drop so they had time to restart with only one tractor left but declined and ended up timing out. It sucks cause the Cole family is one of the nicest in pulling and the Reborn Binder is badass when it runs.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 12, 2016 02:36PM
Scooter Fan, yes, that was us. William was struggling to pay attention at that point, it was a late night and a long day in the sun for him. Thanks for letting him play with your cooler handle.

Charles, I was going to introduce myself when I was trackside talking with Harold Card and family along the fence but you and Drew looked like you were in a hurry to get back to the pits. I didn't know if you guys were hitting the road right after the class so I didn't want to hold you up. I did speak with Andrew for a minute or two but we didn't get a chance to talk very long. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet sometime down the road.

JSchmitz, The Reborn Binder hook was one of the weirdest situations I've seen. I guess the thing that bothered me was the "timing out" part, I've seen plenty of instances where they've given plenty of time for a guy to get things in working order. Also, much of the time wasted was well beyond Chris's control. I really wish they had given him the option to drop to last after he stalled. Definitely one of the oddest circumstances I've seen, and a agree, a goofy situation for one of the nicest families around (one of my regrets on the day was not having time to get over to the Cole's hauler and say hello). Thanks again for putting on such a great show year after year after year. Lord willing I'll be able to make some great memories with my son at Langford for plenty of years to come and hopefully my father can join us next year.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Langford Tractor pull August 13, 2016 02:46AM
And Jake, introduce William next year to Langford Chicken BBQ.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,747, Posts: 229,890, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,994.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM