Pulling advice August 15, 2016 07:15AM
Thinking about starting to pull I have a stock ford 8000 with dual power what's the best class to pull in and what's the best gear to use? Thanks for any advice you guys can give me

Re: Pulling advice August 16, 2016 03:49AM
Depends on what classes are offered in your area and how much money your wanting to spend. Also if you want to use tractor for just pulling or farming to.

Re: Pulling advice August 16, 2016 07:03PM
Would just be a stock farm tractor class as of now I would like to start to build it down the road and keep it useable for farming yet

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 01:38AM
My advice is to only wish you pulled. As soon as you do pull you will think about a clutch, splitter gears, turbos, cams, fuel pumps, injectors and your hitch.

The 2nd year it will be I need a new tractor to farm with because this is too fun and now I'm buying a chassis to put under my ford.

Oh wait I better go to the dyno.

5+ years later your out 100,000 dollars and your tractor is worth 50,000.

There's about 50 other words of advice but take it from someone with this experience!

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 05:58AM
Thanks but I know I won't go that in depth on building just a pulling tractor

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 06:04AM
Sorry to say but Advisor hit the nail on the head. If you want my opinion I would start on the conservative side get your feet wet and see
if it is something you want to keep doing or there might be a diff class or tractor you want to pursue . when you start if you have little input
into the sport you are not out much.

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 06:56AM
You don,the have do much to your Ford to some stock classes, but the farm stock in some areas is like someone else's Superformance. There is a huge difference

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 08:55AM
We run our 8000 in a horsepower limited class in 3rd gear, shifting the duel power down before the RPM's drop too much.

How much does yours weigh? Current horsepower? What size tires?

Just match the above questions to the local classes. Movable weight is your friend!

Re: Pulling advice August 17, 2016 07:09PM
Ok thanks. I know there some fluid in the rear tires and currently only have 4 front weights for it. So until I get to a scale I don't know the weight. Tires are 18.4x38 with 10-15% left. Horse power is completely stock 100ish pump isn't even opened up

Re: Pulling advice August 18, 2016 02:46AM
The best advice I can give you is to have fun. Don't worry about winning per say, if it happens it happens. In this sport you are not getting paid much if anything if you win so just enjoy the ride.

Re: Pulling advice August 18, 2016 06:47AM
aaron606
The best advice I can give you is to have fun. Don't worry about winning per say, if it happens it happens. In this sport you are not getting paid much if anything if you win so just enjoy the ride.

Thanks that's more my goal

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro