Missouri State Fair August 15, 2016 02:37PM
I went to the Missouri State Fair pull Sunday and what a great show that was put on by the Lucas Oil group, those 85 limited pros were great to watch and the"good 4.1's" were awesome as usual. We decided to stay and give the outlaw folks a try again this week to see if the show improved and we were greatly disappointed once again. The classes that you really wanted to see only had just a couple vehicles in them, why have the class.. Outlaw needs to just stick to having those small shows at the small county fairs, they just can't hack it.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 15, 2016 03:14PM
How did the 9000 mstpa class do?

Re: Missouri State Fair August 15, 2016 03:59PM
Mo pull fan you're a idiot trying to cause trouble when both groups have pluses and minuses! You put your name on that dumb post and I'll put mine on this one...

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 02:42PM
Why has the Mo State fair pull been criticized? I always enjoyed the pull there even before the ppl and outlaws. I always thought it was a great show compared to the Illinois State Fair!

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 05:40AM
Enjoyed watching both shows can't complain about either of them. I know alot of people enjoyed watching the pull for free on the big screen at south end of grandstands
Dont know how favorable that is for the promoters. Great Shows look forward to next year.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 15, 2016 04:40PM
I went to both pulls and by far the Outlaws are the most profession pull. Start on time, opening ceremony on big screen, run the show fast, big screen is just awesome during the event. About 100 hooks this evening and done by 10:00. You don't realize how much you miss good pulling until it's gone and comes back. Great to have Outlaws back at the fair.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 09:33AM
Both put on great show.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 15, 2016 06:07PM
Mo pull fan is a liar and probably wasn't even at the pul.......I just got back from the Outlaw pull and they put on a great show...I'll be back next year...The only class low on numbers was Diesel Super Stock with 5 entries with several tractors being broke..Even the NPTA Diesel Super Stock is low on numbers..

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 01:01AM
Mo Pull Fan

What classes had just a couple of tractors in them? The smallest class was the diesel supers. New they were going to be short before the pull. I believe I got my monies worth, paying $25 for an all day ticket and getting to see 150 + hooks. The Outlaws coming back to the Missouri State Fair is the best thing that has happened to the fair.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 03:32AM
Were we even at the same pulls?? What a dipshit statement, that couldn't be any further off... The ppl pull was a joke... The one class had 20 tractors and took 3 hours to finish... I know you're from Missouri so I'll do the math for you, that's 9 minutes per tractor. If I had to compare the 2 shows I'd say the ppl pull was snakes and sparklers compared to the outlaws 3 1/2 hour grand finale. The outlaws did over 100 hooks in 210 minutes! (Ps; that's 2minutes and ten seconds per hook). Great job by the outlaw crew, every one of them, and a huge thumbs up to the shackle fords! That was an impressive show!!! Both sessions! Lucas, better luck next time!, and in the meanwhile try to find a big screen bigger than the tv in my camper and a decent announcer! That was pathetic!

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 03:57AM
I was at the Sunday pull and I'll have to say that it wasn't PPL fault that the show got drug out. That track crew was the slowest most unorganized group I have seen in a long time. One scraper and one packer doesn't cut it on a two track show like that. Ppl always had a vehicle hooked to the sled and ready but always had to wait for the crew to get out of the road. Also keep in mind that Xcalibur also had two classes running with PPL that night so it wasn't a total PPL show. Given the chance to have the big show like Outlaws had I'm sure PPL would not disappoint. They have proved them self at many pulls long before the Missouri State Fair. Hopefully the fair board works with PPL more in the future.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 06:41AM
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really getting sick and tired of all the comments about which pulling organization is the best, PPL or Outlaws.It's really simple folks, if you don't like the PPL shows stay home! If you don't like the Outlaw shows then stay home! But don't go to one of the shows and then get behind your computer and bad mouth that organization, NOBODY wants to hear that crap! There is more to putting on a tractor pull than most people can imagine and most wouldn't have a clue! Both organizations has both good and bad qualities as most do, but nobody is perfect! I'm just glad that here in the Midwest we have two organizations that are willing to provide us with quality entertainment at a fair admission price. JMO

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 06:13AM
Your math is wrong ! 210 minutes for 100 hooks is not 2 mins 10 secs per.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 07:51AM
Oops, you're right

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 07:45PM
I attended the PPL and the Outlaw show with some pulling friiends I am from out of state so I am fairly neutral with both groups and the Missouri State Fair. One in the group is an " Insider " with the fair association and a long time puller, therefore if we had a question we could get the facts and a correct answer. Here is our take on both shows.
1- Both shows were good. Different tractors and trucks in both.
2-PPL show was hindered by a terrible track prep crew who were always either in the wrong place or not aware which track was ready. Shafted is right about them having a vehicle hooked and ready but waiting on scraper and roller. As for upsidedown00, it was not 9 minutes between hooks. I would average them to about 3 - 4 minutes.
3- My opinion on the big screen. Yes it is nice, but a lot of people did watch for free. Not good for the fair association. I was told the fair hired the little screen from a small Missouri association that pulled the Sunday morning show. It was not PPL's. Yes the announcer was not the best, but again was hired by fair assoc. Outlaws announcer is far better. So to upsidedown00, you were not comparing apples to apples in your PPL bashing. You should bash the fair association. As shafted stated, PPL got shafted.
4-

Re: Missouri State Fair August 16, 2016 08:09PM
Sorry, hit wrong button before I was done.
4-To AC Fan----ditto you hit the nail on the head.
5- I thought both pulls were very professionally ran and organized. By the way, I really think the PPL crew rocks in their uniforms. Lucas Oil wins that one. Just my opinion.
6- And as far as a crowd, I was told the attendance was larger at the PPL show than the Outlaw show.
7- Finally, our opinion on best show is, ( drum roll please)-------------------------We liked them both! Be glad you could watch either or both. And last but not least, let's quit bashing. There is a need for every pulling association.

Re: Missouri State Fair August 17, 2016 03:07AM
UpsideDown00
Were we even at the same pulls?? What a dipshit statement, that couldn't be any further off... The ppl pull was a joke... The one class had 20 tractors and took 3 hours to finish... I know you're from Missouri so I'll do the math for you, that's 9 minutes per tractor. If I had to compare the 2 shows I'd say the ppl pull was snakes and sparklers compared to the outlaws 3 1/2 hour grand finale. The outlaws did over 100 hooks in 210 minutes! (Ps; that's 2minutes and ten seconds per hook). Great job by the outlaw crew, every one of them, and a huge thumbs up to the shackle fords! That was an impressive show!!! Both sessions! Lucas, better luck next time!, and in the meanwhile try to find a big screen bigger than the tv in my camper and a decent announcer! That was pathetic!

Actually, that's less than 2 minutes and 6 seconds per hook, but you evidentially aren't from Missouri!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009