BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 12:26AM
Highlights
LSS Class - Rex Kuhn 1st, Kyle Karlen 2nd, Jason Hootman 3rd, Korth/Chizek 4th... wow!
Great Semi class
Great Mod class

Lowlights
Rough night in Open Super. Jordan Lustik had the worst luck on the freshly rebuilt Reloaded with a rod through the block.

Wow moment of the night
Lock and Load made a test pass after the Open Super class with the same sled setting... he made a great pass and would have gotten second place just a few feet behind Terry B.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Bowling Green August 18, 2016 02:50PM
I'm guessing Thursday night is a rain out since there's no live results?

Re: Bowling Green August 18, 2016 08:06PM
My bad I was looking for the live results after the pulls were done.

Re: Bowling Green August 18, 2016 09:50PM
For a SN pull it went pretty quick. Could have had the 4WD, SF, or TWD pull on one track and the rest of the classes last night on the other track. The number of entries seemed a little week compared to all the hype of it being the 50th year. But with 2 other big pulls this weekend not everybody could be there.

Did Lock and Load really look that strong August 19, 2016 12:27AM
I was amazed that in Lock and Load would have finished 2nd in the Open SS class if his hook was not a test run.
What does that say about both the DSS and Open SS class?

Re: Did Lock and Load really look that strong August 19, 2016 12:54AM
Did anyone notice if they changed sled settings? If not, what was his distance, cause that is impressive.

Lock n Load or Get A Load of That? August 19, 2016 02:25AM
Lock n Load didn't pull last night.

Re: Lock n Load or Get A Load of That? August 19, 2016 02:28AM
He made a test hook after the open supers at the same sled setting and was only few feet behind winner

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 01:33AM
Thanks for the update Jake

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 02:33AM
I was told the sled was not changed. Lock and Load was 310+ (no measurement since it was a test pass).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 03:35AM
I don't care if he pulled it 400 ft on a test hook

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 04:05AM
You must be a fan of one of the Open Supers he would have beat...Tougue Out

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 07:04AM
I'm a fan of both classes but what was he weighing was he at his 8200 pound class weight or did he weight 6500 like the rest.

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 07:26AM
If he did indeed pull with the open supers, They wouldn't be weighing 6500# either.

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 10:03AM
He was 8000lbs and the class was 8000 lbs. He was 100% legal for the class, but didn't hook in it. His hook would have been good for second place. Incidentally he got third in the DSS today.

Those who don't understand the significance of the hook must not know the history of the class and the split in the class. This was also against a 903 powered Alky tractor (which didn't exist when the class split). It shows how much the DSS has advanced in the past few years and it's absolutely amazing.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 03:06AM
I am sure it was a heck of a pass.

But very small sample size to make any assumptions.

Keep in mind sf and lim pros have won region dss hooks before.

Sometimes things just line up right and a tractor gets hooked.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 11:49AM
The alky V8 motors started out as a 903 but are decubed for the 650 max cube limit. It is my time at BG. One thing I thought was bad was some drivers names weren't announced till after they pulled.

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 07:29PM
Yes, I know they are decubed, however they are a completely different beast of an engine. The DSS class is still all 2wd tractor engines (or recast versions of 2wd engines). The alcohol class is a mix of 2wd and 4wx engines and Lock and Loads pass was only a few feet off the pace of a 4wd engine in one of the strongest an alcohol tractors in the world. That's how far the DSS has advanced.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: BG Thursday... August 21, 2016 02:04AM
Your post stated that the V8 is a 903 not was, I know you know it's 650. This was for others that may take it as they are still 903. Boy wouldn't that be a runner though a triple charged alky @903

Re: BG Thursday... August 19, 2016 02:07PM
What tires was Lock and Load running?

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 12:49AM
Jake I like your post alot

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 01:28AM
Well put Jake! Unfortunately the way they run is why the class numbers are what they are too, with the breakage and what it takes to run at the top in the DSS class is just crazy! I love the class just wish there was more of them

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 02:13AM
Just goes to show the split should never have happened, considering the fairly low numbers in both classes it is time to combine the class again. It would make for a great rivalry and a better show.

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 04:06AM
At the time the split happened the alky burners were putting 30 plus feet on the top diesel tractors...Today most of the time a top alky tractor will still put 30 feet on a top diesel....Theres just too much horsepower difference..

Re: BG Thursday... August 20, 2016 03:28PM
Well here is a simple idea. Run the top 5 OSS and top 5 DSS together at the same weight on Sunday at Bowling Green. That would make for a very interesting test to see just how the class ends up. But I'm pretty sure the powers that be would never let that happen. They should at least run the classes back to back with the tractors at the same weight and same sled setting. I would love to see the classes combined at the national level. It would make the show a lot better. The main problem I see is the competitors won't like it because it will increase the number of tractors in the class, but the purse probably won't increase accordingly.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason