Big Jack August 20, 2016 09:03AM
Sorry that happened. Cant imagine the force that caused his engine to fly out of the truck. Literally.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 09:28AM
I'm trying to get my camera and my phone to play nice so I can post a few photos.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 09:42AM
This is the aftermath. I'll try to get more photos up when I have spread time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 12:31PM
I'm glad he wasn't in a cab over.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 01:40PM
Fan
I'm glad he wasn't in a cab over.

That is a really good point.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 10:44AM
Lots of carnage on the tracks at BG this year. Are the guys running there motors that hard this year or just happen to be a coincidence? Been a long time since I have seen this much damage at an event.

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 01:50PM
First of all thank God Jack was not hurt. I was there and saw it as it happened. The percussion and carnage was tremendous. I have also watched the video in slow motion several times and I feel the only thing that kept the engine from going backwards into the cab and possibly onto Jack was the force of the sled quickly stopping the semi as it lost power in the 200-250 ft range. If this had happened at 75-150 ft area I think it would have ended differently.
I think some safety issues need to be addressed before someone gets seriously hurt or worse. I really feel they need at least 2 and possibly 3 cables around the engine and attached to the frame to retain the engine to the truck in the event of a block failure. I cannot imagine what the team is going thru right now.
Best of Luck to the "Jacked up" team and hopefully we will see you back on the track at BG next year!

Thoughts....

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 02:17PM
Is there a video out there?or just replay at the track

Re: Big Jack August 20, 2016 02:24PM
Its on BeerMoneys Fbook page scroll down for videos and pics

[www.facebook.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2016 02:27PM by prostockpuller.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 02:04AM
prostockpuller
Its on BeerMoneys Fbook page scroll down for videos and pics

[www.facebook.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Thanks for posting the videos! Glad no one was hurt.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 02:57PM
Try these

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 03:03PM
Heres a couple of Young Blood

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 03:45PM
Do you think the new hitch height change to 18" from 16" and allowing wider tires in the last 2 years we have 3 semis lift their blocks . The heaviest class in pulling has no wheel slip going down the track . With no wheel slip boost
and cylinder pressures get real high and the factory blocks aren't going to stand up and this is going to be hard on the semi class when it costs 40-60 k to fix these each time happens , it might be time to go back to standard tire width and 16" hitch to keep the show going on before all the semis are gone, or lighten up the weight each semi weighs to over come problems in the future , class already has low numbers hate to see more lifted blocks could take away some of the pullers we have in that class.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 04:15PM
Tire width was reduced to max 10" in all groups I believe. Can't run a factory 315/80R22.5 road tire now, I don't see that being the issue.

Both cat blocks split along the cam bore, that can't be a coincidence.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 10:27AM
May want to consider that for all classes. USS and DSS could also have bad circumstances.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 01:33PM
Looked like just the head and the top of the block came off[parting line is the camshaft bore].
The safety cables did their job, just supposed to lay it all out in front of the vehicle.

Re: Big Jack August 21, 2016 10:19PM
I have heard that the Class act Semi now has external rods/studs to try to hold the block together and that might be the answer to the problem. Remember, none of these blocks were ever designed to hold 3000+ HP! It's amazing to me that they lasted as long as they did. I am curious how long the Cat blocks lasted in The CRW and Jacked up trucks. Anyone want to answer this?

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 02:15AM
I have seen the picture going around showing what is still left in the truck and it shows just the rods sticking out and appearing to be still intact with no wrist pins or pistons on them. What could possibly cause the wrist pin and piston to come out and leave the rod intact?

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 04:53AM
pullinfan4255
I have seen the picture going around showing what is still left in the truck and it shows just the rods sticking out and appearing to be still intact with no wrist pins or pistons on them. What could possibly cause the wrist pin and piston to come out and leave the rod intact?

Do you have a link to the pic?

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 06:16AM
[www.facebook.com]

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 05:32AM
I'm assuming he took the pistons off of the rods , maybe a design that he doesn't want prying eyes to see...

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 05:51AM
More than likely since the bottom end is still intact, when the top of the block lifted the crank was still operating as normal causing the pistons to explode in the sleeves. The crank would have still been moving the pistons as usual but the angle it lifted would have destroyed the pistons as they were still going up and down.

Re: Big Jack August 22, 2016 08:25AM
After looking at some of Harold Cards photos, you are correct Brandon you can see pieces of the pistons on the track.

Video of Jacked Up August 22, 2016 12:12PM
Click here

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 22, 2016 01:12PM
What day was that? The stands were only 1/4 full!

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 22, 2016 02:11PM
Overall I thought the crowd was up considerably this year. The beginning of the sessions are always weak, especially early in the day. That was Saturday morning. The show started early (11:00 AM) and the Northside crowd usually doesn't get there too early (some of them may have consumed too many adult beverages the previous evening). It was a pretty full crowd for the rest of the session.

Overall the crowd was great, it was probably one of the highest attended (if not the highest) years ever at BG.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 22, 2016 02:12PM
It was early in the show. The campground crowd was still trying to decide if they were going to live, let alone make it to the stands.

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 22, 2016 03:15PM
Not to mention it was an all noise show besides the semis.. That's hey we were still cooking breakfast at 11am when it started..

---

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 23, 2016 02:02PM

Re: Video of Jacked Up August 23, 2016 02:05PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009