Legend Series August 23, 2016 01:37AM
https://www.facebook.com/NTPLseries/

The Legend Series has a Facebook page, go give them a like. I am working closely with Kevin Dick from Tiffin, OH to help them promote the NTPL and preserve the history of our sport.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Legend Series August 23, 2016 02:31AM
i wont give them a 'like' on facebook and i sure wont do it in real life either. theres a reason there in a museum and they should stay there. i love to look at them an see how things have changed but i dont need to see them run down the track with a empty sled. if i wanted to watch fake and boring id watch wwe! keep restoring them and keep adding them to the museum but dont run them. we dont send appolo 11 to the moon for old times sake but when i saw it at the smithsonian last year it was awesome.

Re: Legend ( in their own mind ) Series August 23, 2016 04:55AM
That show was so bad. What a waste of an hour. They should have run just one tractor and got the show going. How many blue shirts on one of those tractors. Please don't tell me that the whole 50th anniversary was built around that. And what was Mike Odd trying to prove by screaming down the track.

Re: Legend ( in their own mind ) Series August 23, 2016 05:34AM
I like watching an 80yr old former great pitcher throw out the first pitch at the ball game, but watching 20 of them miss the plate for 2 hours is horrible. I think the tractors need to just stay in a museum, bring one a year out to make the "first hook". Pulling old, broke tractors for 2 hours in the hot sun sucks. I also wouldnt have cared if they had just started pulling on the north track. Seemed like the legends were the primary focus, and it led to a horrible show on the north track.

Its not something I want to see again, sorry to all the old timers, just the truth.

Re: Legend ( in their own mind ) Series August 23, 2016 06:51AM
I have to agree. They should have run one old mod before the regular mod class and then talked about how far the sport has come. That would have been interesting. Same with the SS class, just run one. And the sled didn't look much different than the sled of today
I am just glad they didn't bring back the women that where in the stands 50 years ago
O.

Re: Legend ( in their own mind ) Series August 23, 2016 07:46AM
Tractor pulling is the one motorsport that has gotten better with age. Modern day Drag Racing and Stock Car Racing just plain sucks. Its not looking like the 60s and 70s will be the Golden age for Pulling. That being said if these guys continue to restore or replicate the old tractors then I hope there's always a venue somewhere for them to pull. The people who like them can watch and the ones who don't, won't have too.

Re: Legend Series August 23, 2016 02:21PM
I guess I'll be the odd man out here, I enjoyed the heck out of watching them run. I had seen some of them pull in their heyday, and it brought back a lot of memories for me. My two 20 something sons were there and enjoyed seeing equipment they had never seen before run. Gave them some perspective on how far the sport has come.

Re: Legend Series August 23, 2016 03:48PM
I also enjoyed watching them. The empty sled thing was a bit strange though I will admit.

Re: Legend Series August 23, 2016 04:09PM
I ENJOYED THE SHOW,yes it was a show and not competition,There was a lot of pulling history there,after all it was for the 50th anniversary, It wasn't fast paced or flawless, but it still took a tremendous effort to put on the show.And I For one hope they continue in there efforts to restore and safely pull these vehicles. Maybe at the greatest outdoor pull in the world is not the place, I don't know,Still I respect there dedication and find a great value in the historical aspect of it all.Keep up the good work,

Re: Legend Series August 23, 2016 11:40PM
While I respect the amount of work that went into the restoration of the tractors the Sunday ring run was not the time to pull them. And like someone else said did they have to cancel a big ceremony because of the rain on Saturday or was the whole show about the Legends.

Interview with Kevin Dick August 25, 2016 07:22AM
Interview

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms