Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 05, 2016 06:38AM
Just curious if these low corn prices will hurt the pullers, or do most rely on DAADDIES MONEY to make it work ; good thing for the taxpayers with REAL JOBS that do contribute other wise these BTO,S wouldn't have nothing to take in ; just curious as the losers are losing again

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 05, 2016 06:47AM
Dear Doug Gr. Don't worry your simple mind about something that is way over your head.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 05, 2016 09:09AM
Get a life

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 01:53AM
Jake, of course low prices, especially when prices are below the cost of production hurt everyone. Maybe you haven't read about all the layoffs in manufacturing of farm equipment, pickup truck sales are down. That means they aren't employing as many suppliers either. Fertilizer sales will be lower, fuel sales will be lower, rents paid will be lower all to try to keep up with the pace of property taxes going up, and this great Obama care cost increases of 50% or more. Yah Jake low prices will affect pulling a little, but most pullers aren't farmers either. Hopefully you have a great job and pay a lot of taxes so the rest of us can keep pulling. Have a great day.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 04:09AM
Wow... Jake from Ky...... Jealous much?????? You obviously are no more than a keyboard warrior thats out to try to start problems.... The sport of pulling has definitely taken a hit due to commodity prices, however as was stated above, there are many pullers that have nothing to do with farming. So before you go pointing fingers about other people paying for pulling vehicles, maybe you should show up at a pull and run your mouth and see where that gets you. You'll be pleasantly surprised that someone will quickly set you straight by teaching you about the sport of pulling and the competitors involved. Also, when you feel the need to shoot your mouth off, have a profile that someone can click on and see who you really are.... Have a great day!

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 04:30AM
Evidently jake doesn't think he needs food......

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 08:26AM
Wow Jake from Missouri ,,,,,,,, I mean Kentucky,

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 10:19AM
Farmers never run out of money. They always get more. Can go under one year come back the next with a new Prostock.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 09:57PM
How in the heck did we know in early June we were gonna have a record crop

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 07, 2016 10:19AM
I was just being facetious with the original poster. I'm a STO and my hindsight marketing plan says I should have contracted a lot more than I did. Back in June, the crops could have gone either way.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 07, 2016 01:06PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think this year it was all luck.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 06, 2016 04:08PM
Naw, the BTO's probably contracted corn back in June when it was well over $4 and are expecting record yields according to the USDA. Most of the large farmers don't acquire land because they're dumb.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 07, 2016 02:39PM
your big crop is not in the bin yet

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 07, 2016 03:01PM
plum krazy
your big crop is not in the bin yet

You have that right! But yet that's something that no one wants to see or admit to.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 07, 2016 11:14PM
Not many like or want truth anymore,--in any area or situation.Oh Well,Nature always wins,Karma Rules !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 08, 2016 06:38AM
...the real question is how much is drying and storage going to cost everyone. Then taking that into consideration, how much of it is going to be left in the field to dry versus picking it in the mid to upper 20s. But as always, we won't see any price decrease in the grocery store isles or the meat counter for another year from now.

Re: Low corn prices, will it hurt ? September 08, 2016 04:09PM
mmztu
. But as always, we won't see any price decrease in the grocery store isles or the meat counter for another year from now.

If then!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro