New York Times September 05, 2016 04:38PM
I hope everyone reads this whole article. We were there at the McHenry County fair in Woodstock, Illinois when we were told that a reporter from the New York Times was there to do a story on truck and tractor pulling. Everyone thought it would be a positive article for the sport. Please read the whole article. It is NOT about the sport, but it will be perceived by the public that the sport is the cause of "rolling coal". I don't subscribe to the NYT, and I suggest that any puller that does to cancel theirs immediately.

[www.nytimes.com]

Re: New York Times September 06, 2016 04:46AM
Thanks Clark for posting.

Smoke on the track is COOL!!!
on the street is for WANNABEE'S

Re: New York Times September 06, 2016 04:57AM
I agree. Blowing smoke on innocent bystanders might look cool on YouTube but you're really nailing your own coffin shut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 04:58AM by Deerefever.

Re: New York Times September 06, 2016 02:40PM
Rolling coal on the street is just plain stupid!!! I've had it done to me and don't like it... As for pulling thats why we go there..We are there because we chose to be..

Re: New York Times September 07, 2016 05:21AM
At least the article said that most puller are firmly against rolling coal. I have no issue with anyone spewing smoke, but point that exhaust UP!

Re: New York Times September 07, 2016 11:37AM
Personally I'm against having fines if u take emissions off ur diesel. If u can get almost double mpg and make u motor run better and last longer then why not. If I can do the same job or drive the same distance on half the amount of fuel. By spending a lil time and money then I'm going to do it. Rather then twice as much fuel and half the motor life. yes I understand that the motors not lasting is poor manufacturing and not enough testing. No I don't think blacking out a street is fine but a lil haiz don't bother me. Hell any first gen even second gen trucks they all smoke from the factory.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro