Question about P-pumps September 11, 2016 05:18AM
I have a cummins, can I use a p pump from a john deere or international? The reason I ask is all 3 motors have a dif stroke, so would I need a diff cam in the pump to keep the timing right on all cylinders. Do pump builders just use a generic cam in all pumps?

Re: Question about P-pumps September 11, 2016 08:30AM
pump turns half the speed of engine regardless of stroke? hence called 4 stroke. only issues I see would be a pump from the right side of engine which some tractors have ? when moved to the left, will have the fuel controls and inlets between the pump and engine? workable but a bit of a pain, could be changed too though...

Re: Question about P-pumps September 12, 2016 01:28AM
So your saying that each cylinder is at the very top at the exact same degree on all 3 engines

Re: Question about P-pumps September 12, 2016 02:32AM
YES,assuming the crankshaft was made correctly and or hasn't twisted in service.
Then ponder timed at begining or end of injection.

Re: Question about P-pumps September 12, 2016 12:37PM
So can i use a pump off of and international on my Cummins? It is a pulling truck so i need tractor goveners? Who has the best 13mm pump ?

Re: Question about P-pumps September 13, 2016 12:51AM
yes you can use an ih pump. you can also use a right hand pump off a deere too. just have to switch the firing order on the lines. I have had good luck with FVP, Scheid, and Columbus pumps

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009