diesel super and pro stock September 12, 2016 08:42AM
Diesels are all ready out of control cost wise. I don't think some one who thinks for themselves should be penalized for building something different and cheaper. Especially if it was built to the rules when constructed. What difference does it make what kind of block and head it is if it meets the cubic inch limit? This sport was made by the barnyard engineer. Its now being ruled and profited by a few different part suppliers who have the ear of the rule makers. The innovators should still have a chance

Fred Hildenbrand

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 12, 2016 10:53AM
What are you referring to?

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 12, 2016 02:12PM
I agree with Fred 100%.It was the inavations of farmers and barnyard builders that made this great sport what it is.They were the ones that took the chances and the time to figure out what worked long before it was made a parts suppliers sport.

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 12, 2016 02:42PM
There are few of the builders you speak of that we're not that long ago the backyard builders you speak of .

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 13, 2016 12:55PM
Allow me clarify that these overhead cam tractors in question are welcome to pull with USA-EAST but with a 500lb. reduction in weight. And the standard USA-EAST purse is greater than any other regional organization in Ohio or PA or Maryland or New York with $1000.00 to win every event.

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 12, 2016 03:06PM
so what is your solution to this? looser rules or tighter rules isn't going to change the fact that some people are willing to write blank checks to builders... so I'm not sure what your point is?

You can't exactly use popsicle sticks and crazy glue to get down the track anymore and compete and you can't outlaw pullers buying machined or professionally fab'd parts.

You want to go back to the good ole days where no one spent a ton of money on their tractors but then you don't want to lose so you buy a better widget than your neighbor. He doesn't like to lose either so he buys the widget and adds a thingy-ma-bob and now he's winning.... what are you going to do next? spend more money. Now you own a middle of the pack Prostock and can't afford to run at the top so you want to repeat the cycle so you can beat your neighbor again with your new widget.

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 13, 2016 12:45AM
We have a big block deere pro stock with OHC that was outlawed out of the blue. Some of the best prostocks in the country have push rod copies of these heads. We got no phone calls no discussion just put out. Also there are two diesel superstocks with 10.5 blocks which are much stronger than a 619. This block was made NTPA legal years ago. Same exact bore spacing as a 619. They can only be run at the grand national level, the only diesels in the country that cannot run region. Kenny Smith and Linders ran OHC years ago. When the head blows off in my opinion most of the time its a valve train problem. I think this goes a long way towards solving this, these engines don't run anymore RPM's than anybody else. I was told by the powers to be a couple engine builders said to nip this in the bud. So much for the little guy.

F.H.

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 13, 2016 01:33PM
I think you are 100% right. I'd bet 75% of split blocks result from valve train breakage. OHC engines should be legal solely because of that fact besides the long list of other reasons.
-They come factory in most modern engines
-simple, with less moving parts.
-allows for more stroke in displacement-limited engines like the orange and blue and small block green, leveling the playing field.
-its called super stock. why limit it to outdated technology?

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 14, 2016 11:33AM
Who ended up outlawing you? I dont really see what the big deal is about a OHC. What are the pros and cons? Less moving parts more rpms?

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 14, 2016 02:14PM
Awesome job Fred for posting on here and for your design skill! I am a nobody in this game, but have been around the sport for a long time and been a CMV tech all my career. With respect to the real professionals in this sport, I will keep this short. I also apologize, I don't care enough to be up on the latest "rules".
What blows my mind is that it is called SUPER - STOCK, yet certain stock engines or designs can't be used. Years ago the pullers were THE pioneers in diesel performance technology. Why must some technology now stop at 1980ish? OHC, Electronic controls, were proven by DDC in 1987 and have been in ag engines for decades. So you can't use this stock part but you can use this billet part......What did everyone expect would happen!!!?? Another cookie cutter nascar sport where you better not try to figure out something different. On the east coast we know what Fred speaks of and it's very sad. We can only hope that it somehow comes back someday. I fully know the safety issue, but I've never seen better variety and awesome competition in pulling than what we had in the 90's before component & billet everything. Keep up the good fight Fred!!

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 14, 2016 11:00PM
I thought you could use electronic injection in SSD.

Re: diesel super and pro stock September 20, 2016 07:44AM
none

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 07:51AM by PaDeerePuller.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009