Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 08:32AM
I recently put a hart's model 100 on my tractor and their injectors in as well, I am having a terrible time getting the tractor to start, it is a 466 with all stock ag internals. It will start on its own, but smokes to no end and wont clean out until it has a small shot of ether, at which point it runs fine, and every start there after it is fine. It will only start hard if the tractor has been sitting for more than 3 or 4 hours. The tractor runs fine going down the track, and is fine in every way, injectors were just serviced, balanced, and pressures reset with no change in starting the tractor. Has anyone else had an experience like this or have any reasoning why / suggestions to what I can change?

Re: Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 09:34AM
how did it run before you changed injectors and pump? where do you have the timing set? does the pump have advance still operative?

Re: Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 10:08AM
Losing your prime somewhere. Checked to make sure you have a good seal on your injectors?

Re: Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 11:04AM
I have one of these pumps as well, and the first few times I started the tractor it behaved just like yours. There is a little trick that I found on mine which makes it start very easily. The idle setting on these pumps is rather high (around 1000rpm) If you try to idle it below there the governor makes the tractor run rough and lope. However, below the rough patch between say 700-1000rpm there is a throttle setting where it will idle smoothly just before the throttle shuts off the engine. If you try to start the tractor with the throttle at normal idle, it will do what your talking about, so you have to begin cranking the starter with the throttle in the off position. Then SLOWLY bring the throttle up until it just begins to fire. In this case, slowly means very very slow. Once the engine has started to run, tweak your throttle until it runs at the smooth slow rpm I described earlier. Then when things have smoothed out you can either bring up the throttle slowly through the rough patch to the normal idle position, or just flick it over quickly. I hope this helps. Depending on the age of your pump and the governor setup, it may not be the same as mine. I know this sounds ridiculous, but once you get the hang of it your tractor will essentially start right up with no problems. The only other thing I would say is that if your timing is set much above 30 degrees, it will be difficult to start like you described. If you want to try something, set it around 26-28 and it will start much easier, but I understand less than 28 is probably too low for most setups. Good luck!

Re: Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 03:10PM
I have tried all of this and nothing has worked, it is the latest model pump as it was built 2 years ago and freshened up every year since. It is not losing prime in the injectors as it does not do this with my other pump on. When it starts, it acts as if it is just getting full fuel in all cylinders, in a matter of seconds it fills our shop with smoke completely. I have had other people who have the same pump and injector set up on their tractors start mine and it does not act like theirs, they just simply have to crank the tractor over, where as mine starts but it runs very rough until it gets ether or runs for a couple minutes.

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 04:20AM
sounds like you have an issue in the hydraulic head, send it to me, I can tell you whats wrong ,and or fix it

Re: Harts Model 100 September 14, 2016 03:50PM
Try pulling the kill half out until you get some heat in motor and then ease it in once you think it's warm enough to accept/burn the fuel

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 04:46AM
It's a rotary pump, there is no kill to pull, to kill it you just push the throttle all the way off

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 05:29AM
sounds like a delivery valve issue

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 07:34AM
Have you called harts about this issue?

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 11:17AM
I know this is off subject I bought a used 13mm pump last week and the guy said to run a pusher pump
Just wondering were or what kind of electric pump to run. Thanks in advance

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 12:27PM
At new comer Take the pump to a diesel shop have them delete the diaphragm pump and then put a belt driven pusher on ur tractor going back to a regulator and then into a single filter.

Re: Harts Model 100 September 15, 2016 12:31PM
that depends how much flow the pump is capable of. 380 cc or more will require a belt drive or other means of mechanical pump to keep the m100 full. especially at high rpm,

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009