East coast pullers September 18, 2016 06:15AM
I wonder if they announced to the fans at the Buck last night that the winning ss/ps is not allowed to pull with the east coast pullers anymore. It is one of the overhead cam diesel ss that were mentioned here in an earlier post . These tractors were legal when first built went through many years of r&d to get them to stay together and now that they run consistently they are outlawed. As mentioned earlier these tractors were home built and no one complained when martins went many years and couldn't be beat and they bought their tractors. East coast fan

Re: East coast pullers September 18, 2016 06:55AM
Don't under stand how anyone could call that rule change sportsman like conduct. So if you can't beat them,make a rule to eliminate them.Thats what little kids do,not men.Thats sad.

Re: East coast pullers September 18, 2016 08:13AM
Now you see how it works in the East Coast series, at least in the SS/PS class. The boys in Western PA did their homework so now they are penalized for trying something new. If those who don't want to evolve with time and competition, maybe they should go back to pulling John Deere G's.

Re: East coast pullers September 19, 2016 11:55AM
It is not a "new rule", SS have been limited to 540CI, with no 4 valve heads or OHC for several years. The two OHC supers were given 3 hook exemptions per season, due to previous support of East Coast Pullers. There are two strikes against them 1: overhead cams 2: I believe they are both over 540CI. I could careless if they run with ECP, both tractors are beatable, the issue with the ss/ps class is the supers are cut back, while the pros run GN/PPL rules. On good tracks the supers can run with the pros, but this year has been plagued with dry, hard tracks that have taken the supers out of contention at a lot of hooks. Personally, I would like to see the supers given their own class with standardized rules, which would allow competitors to hook with different organizations, but with the number of supers in this area I'm not sure that will ever happen.

Re: East coast pullers September 20, 2016 02:20AM
This tractor?

[www.youtube.com]

Re: East coast pullers September 20, 2016 06:10AM
That's one of them.

Re: East coast pullers September 20, 2016 07:48AM
A good prostock gained 600 or 800 HP in the last couple years from the new generation pumps and turbos. I know ours did, maybe that's part of the problem

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009